ROM Hack [Release] RenameTool

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm currently working on an Update/Re-Release, which queries the required information directly from nintendo. This methos is WAYYY slower, but it includes every title out there. For that reason I will now maintain 2 versions of this, one for super-fast-rename based on 3dsdb, and one for slow-but-complete rename based on cdn info. Release ETA: 1-2h

Reactions: Thelostrune

Housey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently working on an Update/Re-Release, which queries the required information directly from nintendo. This methos is WAYYY slower, but it includes every title out there. For that reason I will now maintain 2 versions of this, one for super-fast-rename based on 3dsdb, and one for slow-but-complete rename based on cdn info. Release ETA: 1-2h

for names only you should use the groovyfx database because it has way more titles than 3dsdb

Housey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know, but it's more convenient and easier to code to simply query nintendo directly :P

I can't imagine looking up stuff from the CDN is any easier than just parsing an XML file.

The thing I did for a couple of my program had to download the first 272 bytes of the tmd, aes decrypt it with the decrypted title key and look through it for info

the xml parser took me like 20 minutes

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't imagine looking up stuff from the CDN is any easier than just parsing an XML file.

The thing I did for a couple of my program had to download the first 272 bytes of the tmd, aes decrypt it with the decrypted title key and look through it for info

the xml parser took me like 20 minutes
it's easier if you just parse the output of plaiCDN :P
f9hcR3q.png

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well when you put it like that...
:P

EDIT 1:
well when you put it like that...
Nevermind, I just used the community.xml File, nintendo's servers were too slow xD

EDIT 2:
@cearp is it OK if I include FunKeyCIA in my rar file? for a all-in-one run(download nfskeyfile, make all tickets, rename all tickets, delete everything that couldn't be named

ShiftCode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by ShiftCode,
Reactions: Thelostrune

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
:P

EDIT 1:

Nevermind, I just used the community.xml File, nintendo's servers were too slow xD

EDIT 2:
@cearp is it OK if I include FunKeyCIA in my rar file? for a all-in-one run(download nfskeyfile, make all tickets, rename all tickets, delete everything that couldn't be named
if you want sure

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShiftCode I'm working on creating a JSON that holds as many names as I can scrape from the CDN. It won't have TitleKeys in them, so it can be shared. You may find it useful. If I'm satisfied with it I'll share the script. Still need to implement a 'skip' feature for updating the list when new titles come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc