ROM Hack [Release] MHXX Monster Info Overlay Plugin for NTR 3.4

Raineykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game ver is 1.1

No, the english patch is not affecting this because i also got the english patch working with this plugin (patch 2.1 vith game ver. 1.1)
Strange. Do you use any other Plugins with this? Or rather, is your plugin folder empty aside from this one, or do you have anything else in there?

Raineykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So everything else works on my 3DS, and it even shows this Plugin being loaded (green screen as game is booting up with no other plugins in the folder) but still no HP bars anywhere. NTR is using the 3.1 booter, and the 3.4 CFW. I'm on LumaCFW, 3DS OS is 11.2. Can't figure out anything else on my end. Not sure what else to try.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So everything else works on my 3DS, and it even shows this Plugin being loaded (green screen as game is booting up with no other plugins in the folder) but still no HP bars anywhere. NTR is using the 3.1 booter, and the 3.4 CFW. I'm on LumaCFW, 3DS OS is 11.2. Can't figure out anything else on my end. Not sure what else to try.

Thanks, your description is very helpful.
Would you mind testing out this debug version of the plugin?
If it is working, it should be showing some hex numbers in the bottom screen once a quest loads, one line per monster.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 231

crhonox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If it is working, it should be showing some hex numbers in the bottom screen once a quest loads, one line per monster.
i tried your debug plugin, nothing showed at my end, N3ds 11.3 Latest Luma NTR CFW 3.4

Raineykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using that debug file with NTR CFW3.4 *preview6* doesn't seem to have any effect either. Tried it both with nothing in the plugin folder, as well as with it in the folder containing a cheat file and a layered.plg file. To be honest, I don't know what the layered.plg does, but I think it was part of the old English patch (no longer needed).

I made sure to even enter the map with the large monster and even damage it, just in case. Nothing ever showed up on the bottom screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will say, I noticed that you said to use Preview 4 in your original post, but I couldn't find a way to get back to that version of NTR 3.4

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried your debug plugin, nothing showed at my end, N3ds 11.3 Latest Luma NTR CFW 3.4

Thanks for testing it out.
Do you use the regular BootNTR from the NTR author or BootNTR selector?

Using that debug file with NTR CFW3.4 *preview6* doesn't seem to have any effect either. Tried it both with nothing in the plugin folder, as well as with it in the folder containing a cheat file and a layered.plg file. To be honest, I don't know what the layered.plg does, but I think it was part of the old English patch (no longer needed).

I made sure to even enter the map with the large monster and even damage it, just in case. Nothing ever showed up on the bottom screen.

I will say, I noticed that you said to use Preview 4 in your original post, but I couldn't find a way to get back to that version of NTR 3.4

Thanks for testing too.
The plugin should kick in just before you enter the map, on the final stages of loading when all the monster information have been loaded into memory.
I specified that because that is what BootNTR selector uses; I find it much easier to work with than the original BootNTR

Here's one last debug plugin if you want to try.
This time, it should at least print "DEBUG: List Pointers", then proceed to print hex numbers of pointers one row per monster.
The message should start appearing about half a second before you start a quest (so still in the loading screen). If you don't even see the "DEBUG" message then for some reason overlay plugins aren't working on your set up.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 225

crhonox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks for testing it out.
Do you use the regular BootNTR from the NTR author or BootNTR selector?

Thanks for testing too.
The plugin should kick in just before you enter the map, on the final stages of loading when all the monster information have been loaded into memory.
I specified that because that is what BootNTR selector uses; I find it much easier to work with than the original BootNTR

Here's one last debug plugin if you want to try.
This time, it should at least print "DEBUG: List Pointers", then proceed to print hex numbers of pointers one row per monster.
The message should start appearing about half a second before you start a quest (so still in the loading screen). If you don't even see the "DEBUG" message then for some reason overlay plugins aren't working on your set up.

I'm using ntr selector, also tested this new debug :
952a8ce5fc.png

still no hp :c

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using ntr selector, also tested this new debug :

still no hp :c

Actually, you just confirmed something for me :)
The debug plugin doesn't show HP; all it does is:
1. Display the "DEBUG: List Pointers" message
2. List the pointers (in hex) of each monster
Since you see #1 that means the plugin is working, but since you see nothing for #2 that means you have a different master pointer than I do. If your game has been updated to the latest version (meaning you can go online) then this is something I did not expect.

Would you mind helping me by sending me a RAM dump of the game while in a quest?
If you don't know how to do this let me know and I'll write a short guide.

crhonox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Actually, you just confirmed something for me :)
The debug plugin doesn't show HP; all it does is:
1. Display the "DEBUG: List Pointers" message
2. List the pointers (in hex) of each monster
Since you see #1 that means the plugin is working, but since you see nothing for #2 that means you have a different master pointer than I do. If your game has been updated to the latest version (meaning you can go online) then this is something I did not expect.

Would you mind helping me by sending me a RAM dump of the game while in a quest?
If you don't know how to do this let me know and I'll write a short guide.
tell me how to do it and i'll do it

Reactions: jc28735250

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell me how to do it and i'll do it
Many thanks!

Get this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/questio...g-file-with-pointer-code.434481/#post-6535705
As described in the thread, put the plugin in sd:/plugin/home/dumper.plg
Create this folder on the sd card: sd:/dump
Load up NTR and then MHXX, and get into a quest.
Once in use X+Y to bring up the NTR menu, then select ProcessDumper2.0.
Select the process with "1971" in it; it should be the last entry. (Press A to select)
You will see a message in green saying dumping blah blah... Press A to move to the next screen.
At this point you'll see a memory layout on the screen, and you should press B.
It will begin dumping the entire memory (about 80MB) to your SD card (should take about 1~3 minutes, depending on how fast your card is)
Once it is done it will show a green "dump complete" message, and you can press B to get back to the game.
The dump file will be located in sd:/dump/########.bin. Upload this file somewhere and PM me the link as well as what quest you were in.

There are other ways to dump the game, such as using a debugger over wifi. I've tried this and found that it always crashes the game afterwards when you encounter the next load screen (switching maps, exiting the quest ...etc). With this method at least it's relatively stable; it still crashes after making about 12 dumps though.

Last edited by jc28735250,

Raineykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks!

Get this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/questio...g-file-with-pointer-code.434481/#post-6535705
As described in the thread, put the plugin in sd:/plugin/home/dumper.plg
Create this folder on the sd card: sd:/dump
Load up NTR and then MHXX, and get into a quest.
Once in use X+Y to bring up the NTR menu, then select ProcessDumper2.0.
Select the process with "1971" in it; it should be the last entry. (Press A to select)
You will see a message in green saying dumping blah blah... Press A to move to the next screen.
At this point you'll see a memory layout on the screen, and you should press B.
It will begin dumping the entire memory (about 80MB) to your SD card (should take about 1~3 minutes, depending on how fast your card is)
Once it is done it will show a green "dump complete" message, and you can press B to get back to the game.
The dump file will be located in sd:/dump/########.bin. Upload this file somewhere and PM me the link as well as what quest you were in.

There are other ways to dump the game, such as using a debugger over wifi. I've tried this and found that it always crashes the game afterwards when you encounter the next load screen (switching maps, exiting the quest ...etc). With this method at least it's relatively stable; it still crashes after making about 12 dumps though.
Attempting this now, will PM the dump once I have it

Reactions: jc28735250

Raineykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We figured out that it's a difference in the 3DSs themselves. OP is working on a new "more robust" overlay that ought to fix some people's problems. Still glad to know that some people are getting to use this awesome tool!

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just LOVE YOU! This is what I needed! Great work!
By the way I think the hp bar should be just a little bit larger and accurate but it's very very good anyway C:
(working with UI patch v2.1)

Last edited by scionae,

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just LOVE YOU! This is what I needed! Great work!
By the way I think the hp bar should be just a little bit larger and accurate but it's very very good anyway C:
The larger part will come when I add adjustable options to the plugin, which is currently very low on the priority list (there's still a major bug I need to solve plus a ton of basic functionality).

Could you elaborate on the accurate part though? The main HP bar should be pretty accurate.

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The larger part will come when I add adjustable options to the plugin, which is currently very low on the priority list (there's still a major bug I need to solve plus a ton of basic functionality).

Could you elaborate on the accurate part though? The main HP bar should be pretty accurate.
Yeah but when the HP bar turns red, it is not really red. Yes, the monster starts to flinch and stuff, but very often I can't capture them, even if his displayed HP are very low (300).
Maybe it's a bug?
(Sorry for my bad english tho)

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but when the HP bar turns red, it is not really red. Yes, the monster starts to flinch and stuff, but very often I can't capture them, even if his displayed HP are very low (300).
Maybe it's a bug?
(Sorry for my bad english tho)

Oh I see.
The color coding is just defined at convenient percentages (20% and 30%) and not really correlated to anything. I'm not sure the exact percentage the HP has to be under in order for capture to succeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh can we use AI to crack passwords faster?