[Release] MHXX Monster Info Overlay Plugin for NTR 3.4

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by jc28735250, Apr 12, 2017.

1. jc28735250
    OP

jc28735250 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    United States
    Update: v1.4.1
    Changes:
    - Added support for English patch users; monster names should now show correctly.
    Announcements:
    - You can check if the plugin is working properly by seeing if you can see the "MHXX Overlay Plugin Active" message on the bottom screen just after loading the game
    - If you see any monster listed as "UNKNOWN" or "???", please let me know how to encounter it. Most likely this won't be any of the large monsters. UPDATE: English patch is known to be incompatible in this respect; monster names will not show correctly.
    - If you cannot see the monster display but the settings menu works fine, and if the result is always "FAIL" when you run the search monster list function, please PM me a ram dump if you can (instructions), and include these info: quest, was the large monster visible on the field, 3DS model type (old/new), 3DS region
    - Monster sizes are not exact; they will deviate somewhat from the true value, sometimes by a lot (should be less than 10 though). If you can please reply and tell me what size the overlay displayed and the true size, as this will help me refine the size calculations for that monster
    - Color values are RGB, but there might be a bug that is causing the actual displayed color to be not what it should be (if for example you look it up on a website reference). The actual code responsible for producing the colors is quite complicated and if anyone knows what it's doing I will be very grateful if you can explain it to me.
    - Help Wanted! I need some help documenting the parts information for each monster. If you're interested, read the spoiler below:
    Help Wanted

Change Log

This is a fork of Exter7's MHGEN-Monster-HP-NTR-Plugin, adapted for MHXX. Note that this is a breaking change; the previous games are not supported. Currently it displays:
    1. Main monsters, their HP, and some of their part HPs (mostly tails)
    2. Small monsters and their HP, if they are in the current map
    3. Special attack damage, such as poison
    The plugin is active only during quests and nothing will be shown when you are not actively hunting monsters. The HP bars will change color depending on their current percentage:
    • Green = >30%
    • Orange = 20 ~ 30%
    • Red = 0% ~ 20%
    You can press L+SELECT to bring up a configuration menu to adjust settings anytime; the menu will not pause the game. (This functionality is active the moment you see the green flash of the 3DS logo just after booting the game)
    menu.png special stats english.png special stats japanese.png
    4locations.png no special damage.png

1. Main numeric display (does not change color)
    2. Main HP (changes color, disappears if HP reaches 0)
    3. Top bar: HP
    4. Bottom bar: part HP (only for large monsters)
    5. Poison
    6. Paralysis
    7. Sleep
    Part HP bars change color as well. The number of part HP bars will vary depending on the monster. The length of the part HP bar indicates the amount of HP it has relative to other parts.

This is BETA software. I will not be responsible for anything that may happen should you choose to use it.

Users have reported success in using the plugin in combination with other plugins, such as the English patch. Going online should be no problem, but please refrain from behavior that may agitate other players.

If you find bugs/problems, please reply to this thread or log an issue on github. Please describe what's not working (game crashing? nothing is showing up on the bottom screen in quests?), whether other NTR plugins work, how you are running the game (card or eshop), and what kind of machine you are using (old/new and region).

Github link: https://github.com/Setsu-BHMT/MHXX-Monster-Info-NTR-Plugin
    Releases: https://github.com/Setsu-BHMT/MHXX-Monster-Info-NTR-Plugin/releases

Last edited by jc28735250, May 13, 2017

2. Toady231

Toady231 Currently down a well

Feb 6, 2017
    Ukraine
    Eastern Europe
    Does this work with other plugin for mhxx

3. jc28735250
    OP

Oct 18, 2015
    United States
    I have no idea.
    Try it and let me know :)

4. Toady231

Feb 6, 2017
    Ukraine
    Eastern Europe
    Once I'm home from work which will be 10pm GMT (UK) time I'll test it out

5. sycpter

sycpter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Indonesia
    doesn't work for me (game ver 1.1)

6. PdrNN

PdrNN Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    Brazil
    Does it work on old 3ds?

7. Toady231

Feb 6, 2017
    Ukraine
    Eastern Europe
    With mode bootntr 3 it should work. Only one way to know is try it out and record the results.

8. PdrNN

PdrNN Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    Brazil
    I'll test now ...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The plugin enters the game but nothing appears and in the menu of ntr tbm has no option to activate ...Any solution ?

Last edited by PdrNN, Apr 12, 2017
  9. jc28735250
    OP

Oct 18, 2015
    United States
    The plugin doesn't have a menu entry at the moment; it is always activated.
    Nothing is shown when you're in town, so you'd have to get into a quest to check if things are running.
    If you see nothing then I'm sorry there's nothing I can do about that since NTR isn't being actively developed anymore.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks for the report!
    Could you tell me more about how it is not working?
    Does the game crash? Does nothing appear in the bottom screen when you enter a quest? How are you running the game (card/CIA)? Do other plugins work?

10. noStriker

noStriker Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Peru
    working fine. thanks for the release.

11. crhonox

crhonox Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Doesn't work for me, there are no hp bars

12. sycpter

sycpter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Indonesia
    may I ask your game ver to make it works?

13. Crueltism

Crueltism Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I have CFW with NTR Launcher 3.4 Preview6 and when I start a quest the plugin doesn´t work.

14. jc28735250
    OP

Oct 18, 2015
    United States
    Hmmm...let me see
    If you press X+Y do you see the NTR menu?
    Also, are you using Luma 3DS?

15. Raineykins

Raineykins Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    United States
    Running Luma and booting the plugin via 3.4 NTR, however no HP bars for me either. I know that NTR is working, and that other plugins are working, because I can access a cheat menu in game. This plugin, however, never shows. There's a chance that the 2.1 english patch could be effecting it, but that's the only thing I could imagine...

16. sycpter

sycpter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Indonesia
    did your cheat working 100% no freeze at all ?

17. Raineykins

Raineykins Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, haven't been having issues with my cheat file, though I had to dig around to find one that would work. I'll tell you now, if the one you have includes "Birds Eye View" or something like that, I never got any of that file to work.

18. sycpter

sycpter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    Indonesia
    well, I realized now your guess was right, I have 2 files, the one with green+blue combined colour or similar like magenta background and one with that "bird eye view"
    it seems I must find another file that work for me then

19. crhonox

crhonox Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    how do i make this work, it doesn't display with the english patched update 1.1

20. noStriker

noStriker Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Peru
    Game ver is 1.1

No, the english patch is not affecting this because i also got the english patch working with this plugin (patch 2.1 vith game ver. 1.1)