1. xScarYx

OP xScarYx Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Introduction
    Hi, i love MH and was very disappointed that MHXX didnt made it to the west on 3DS. I like the English Translation, but i prefer to play in my native language.
    i made this patch primarly for myself, but want to share it, maybe someone else also wants to play in german.
    Everything should be translated into german if i havent messed up something ^^ (the only i thing i wasnt able to change, is the "now loading" text/texture during level loading. its a gui file to edit, wasnt sucessfull yet.

Required items:
    • 1a: a decrypted MHXX V1.4 update CIA with dasding Patch v5 and Crosshex v2 Patch embedded.
    File: MHXX-Update-v1.4.0-(English Full Patch).cia
    File size: 35,2 MB (36.897.728 bytes)
    MD5 checksum: 6AFBD4EE10E5583B54D384F378E831B2
    SHA1 checksum: AAD42559023CE0D49A18F4971289D241DB51F2E0
    • 1b: a decrypted MHXX V1.4 clean update
    File: Monster Hunter XX-JPN-RF - UPDATE 1.4.0.cia
    File size: 25,3 MB (26.563.584 bytes)
    MD5 checksum: 9FEF115F7B8967C946BD488B7D6D71DE
    SHA1 checksum: 04002D6DBE702BE90A9352D3CADC7FA1FEC69650​
    • 1c: a decrypted MHXX V1.4 update CIA with German Patch v1 embedded.
    File: Monster Hunter XX-JPN-RF - Update 1.4.0 with German Patch v1.cia
    File size: 40,7 MB (42.648.512 bytes)
    MD5 checksum: 2E1F3EC2D5133EB2AF7009A2360C4267
    SHA1 checksum: D78D13B653733437AF5CA13E586537555B005E46​

• 2: Delta Patcher
    Download from Github or MediaFire
    • 3: German Patch v2
    If u have MHXX v1.4 Update with English Patch (1a), download THIS (v1 Download)

If u have MHXX v1.4 Clean Update (1b), download THIS (v1 Download)

If u have MHXX v1.4 Update with German Patch v1 (1c), download THIS

Installation
    • Launch "Delta Patcher Lite" or "Delta Patcher" if u want more options.
    • Click on Settings Icon, on the right side of "Apply patch" and activate "backup original file"
    • Click on Folder Icon at "Original File:" and select your MHXX Update .cia (depends on your file 1a or 1b)
    • Click on Folder Icon at "XDelta Patch:" and select the .xdelta file (depends on your file 1a or 1b)
    • Click on "Apply patch" and wait. (NOTE: Your .cia file will be overwritten in place, maybe do a manual backup?!)
    • Install your new patched .cia with FBI on real 3ds devices.
    Known Issues
    • at some points the dialog text doesnt fit into the dialogbox
    • DLC text is displayed with ???, i changed to font to get ö,ä,ü,ß displayed correctly, a sideeffect of this is, japanese text wont display anymore. all dlc text is online stored (as far as i know), so i cant translate these texts.
    Changelog
    • Replaced Quest Clear Texture
    • Replaced Quest Failed/Retire Texture

Last edited by xScarYx, Apr 19, 2021
    Ratbones, Milozaki, Wulpwulp and 2 others like this.
  2. PsychicPersona

Newcomer

Germany
    Hi! I absolutely love this translation, I've wanted something like this for a long time! Instantly recommended it to my friends.

But well, since unfortunately nothing can be perfect, I have two suggestions for improvement, first of all the translation of the DLC. The entire DLC is not even in Japanese anymore, instead absolutely everything is replaced with "????????", so you really can't read anything anymore. Well, not very dramatic, but it's still annoying. Would be cool if it could be fixed. The second point is really minimal now, the squeezed guild card title. (Example: GrünschnabelplusNeuling). I have no idea whether this is related to the limitations or whether it was simply overlooked.

Otherwise, as I said before, great work!

Last edited by PsychicPersona, Apr 7, 2021 - Reason: Please post in English
    Milozaki likes this.
  3. xScarYx

OP xScarYx Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    yeah i was aware of this. its now ??? in the dlc text, because i changed the fonts to get ö,ä etc displayed correctly.
    if i didnt change the font, all ö,ä,ü,ß etc will be displayed as ?, but japanese text will be shown.
    im current looking into it, howto solve this without changing all texts in the game from ö->oe etc.

i check the giuldcards also soon, maybe today or tomorrow i have time for it :)

there are also some dialogboxes not big enough for the text, i dont think its that important to fix :)

PS: its also the first time i made a language pack, never done something in that way.
    hope all works so far, also never used deltapatcher stuff ^^

Last edited by xScarYx, Apr 9, 2021
  4. PsychicPersona

Newcomer

Germany
    Everything works fine so far! I don't mind the text being outside the box at times, and like I said, my only small complaints are the DLC and the guild card titles. You did a great job with this.

5. Wulpwulp

Wulpwulp Newbie
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Hey,

I tried to install it but it always states the following error:

An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

I use a a decrypted MHXX V1.4 clean update.

Can someone help?

6. xScarYx

OP xScarYx Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    hmm, looks like u have a checksum mismatch. maybe try to download another version with the correct checksum or find the update+eng patch. i cant provide any links to cia files here.

7. Wulpwulp

Wulpwulp Newbie
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    i tried 3 different ones (all that i found) and all had the same message :(

8. xScarYx

OP xScarYx Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    i checked the guild card, couldnt find any issues.
    but i found a little issue. 3 textures are still in jap. (quest clear, quest failed/aborted and warning). will fix this soon.

9. Ratbones

Ratbones Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Ok, that's amazing. I will defenitly try this out!!!!:bow: Thnx

10. xScarYx

OP xScarYx Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    added v2 of the german patch. hope i fixed the 3 textures, which havent been packaged correctly in V1
    v1 download stays available to download if any errors are present in v2. hope its not neccesary.

*edit*
    just realised that i made a little mistake during packaging. on real 3ds it still brings update dialog. uploading fixed version currently
    *edit2*
    done

Last edited by xScarYx, Apr 19, 2021
    Ratbones likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Translation][Release], Monster, Hunter