Hacking [release] Justice - Freedom Wars Un/packer

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I'd like to present a little something I started the other day.

Introduction
For those who don't know me (probly 99%), I was involved a bit when the 3DS homebrew scene first started to bloom. I was also involved in aiding PPSSPP development some time ago. I decided to give a try to the vita scene, so here I am, working on something.

Project information
This tool is made to un/pack EAF containers found in Freedom Wars. I actually started this tool the other day so it is not a fully fleshed out Freedom Wars editor yet, nor is it highly optimised.
I largely am releasing this tool in an early state to gauge interest and potentially help for fleshing this tool out.

The EAF containers seem to encrypt nearly all files in the container with a unique encryption. The magic for these encrypted files is #EMZ. I do not know how to decrypt these, so resources cannot be edited yet. I also don't know how to view running game code on the vita to figure out the decryption process.

Currently this tool will not produce 1:1 outputs with the default Freedom Wars EAFs. There are 2 reasons:

1) I don't know how much padding to produce per contained file. This is OK I think as the game doesn't care as long as positions and sizes are correct. Because I don't know, I didn't use padding when writing the tool (which gives the output a bit of a trim).

2) In original EAFs the first file in the EAF's table of files seems to be the last file in the portion that contains the data for contained files. Otherwise the data is ordered according to the file table. My program orders all data according to the file table. The game doesn't seem to care as long as the position and size is correct.

Download

source: https://github.com/CPkmn/Justice
binaries: check attachments

Attachments

• Justice.rar
    60.2 KB · Views: 275

UsaraKa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the first game that I wanted mods for after Vitamin was released. One of my favorite games for the Vita. Really exciting news that you're working on a way to make that happen. Unfortunately, I don't have any skills to help you out. I'll be rooting for you CollosalPokemon and checking back regularly to see the progress on it. Thank you!

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
Ditto what @UsaraKa said :D I wish I weren't such a n00b or I could help this project! So keen to have the possibility of mods for this game, one of my all-time favourite handhelds! :D I'll be keeping a real close eye on this project, and keeping a flame going for FW mods! :D Thanks man :)

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you going with this project, @CollosalPokemon? Loved the initial release, and really looking forward to the next update :) Keep up the great work! :)

I'll respond with this quote from the first:

I also don't know how to view running game code on the vita to figure out the decryption process.

In other words:
I don't know exactly how to progress from here, other than maybe making the extraction faster (it can be pretty slow, especially for cmn.eaf).
I don't think there's a public vita debugger yet so the decryption process for the files in the EAFs is pretty much completely unknown. I started the project with a thought of possibly gathering help, but that may or may not come.

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough man :) I hope that help comes. I'm sorry that I don't have the skill/debugging tools to help more! Here's hoping that aid comes soon :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.