Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,836,156
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

g.maverick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had the bad idea of install a game in the free space inside the sysnand partition.

(At that time FBI was offering that option, while the new versions don't).

g.maverick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never encounter that. I'm not sure if JKSM was designed for that situation.
You are right I fear.

I was having a look to the code and it should not be too complex fork the repo, reuse the code the of the "SD/CIA" for a new "NAND/CIA" section pointing to the NAND memory, but I am more worried in the time needed to set up the build environment-compile and test.
The most worry bit is that I DO NOT KNOW if at the end it could eventually works!

Does anyone know if the way the games' cia are managed in SD memory, is the same exact way they are managed in the NAND memory? (I mean encrypting-decrypting the saves in the same relative path etc ?)

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@JK_ Dunno if someone else had this idea before, but I'd like to see an build-in FTP server within JKSM, as I'm often tinkering with Pokémon Savefiles and PKHeX or other games and respective other editor. That way I wouldn't to exit JKSM, start FTP, exit FTP and start JKSM again. I don't know if this could be easily done. as I'm not yet in 3DS development, as I haven't had the time yet.

Shikinouta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know how to get GBC gamesaves to inject without corrupting data for Pokemon silver?
Hihi! I created an account just to let you and anybody else who was trying to restore a save to the VC Wireless Trade injects of GSC, after about a week of tinkering and all kinds of nasty stuff, I was completely stumped, since the probably didn't have anything to do with the SecureValue or the actual save, or so it would seem.

Turns out that the save files exported via VBA-M or ones edited via PKHex or whatever strip away one last line of code, which is, for whatever reason, required to successfully run the save.

Basically, you take the save file that you edited; the one you tried importing into the VC Inject and open it up in a hex editor.
I personally used HxD but I guess it doesn't really matter what you use. (Download: https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD)

Once your edited save is open in the hex editor, scroll down to the bottom of the file, the last line should be something like 00007FF0, paste in this line of code:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 75 AC 32 83 1F 00 00 00

Insert it in a way that will create a new line, if the editor says something like "you are about to change the file size," etc, just click yes so the new line is imported.
At that point, just overwrite the file in the proper JKSM directory and import via JK.

This won't fix problems with importing SecureFile saves onto other 3DSes or whatever, but this worked on both my n3DS and my o3DS, so it's worth a shot.

EDIT: For whatever reason, I couldn't get the RTC to sync with the 3DS' time, probably since it was imported at a different time. Basically just google a way to change the in game clock; it varies between GS and Crystal.

Last edited by Shikinouta,

MS32X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there
I'm trying to backup my save for Omega Ruby to use with PKHeX
Every time I try doing that, the program freezes on a yellow screen, any solution?

Shikinouta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there
I'm trying to backup my save for Omega Ruby to use with PKHeX
Every time I try doing that, the program freezes on a yellow screen, any solution?
Are you using PKHex as a CIA or are you using it via The Homebrew Launcher? (As a 3DSX)

The 3DSX version is kinda fickle, if you're using the 3DSX version, then I'd probably give SVDT a try.

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello JK !

I saw a project named PCHeX and the developer is not very active and not very written in the same way I want so I said "it's my time !". I'm rewriting all the code of PKHeX in C++ (at least all the lib part, for reading / writing save, PKM class, etc...) with the same methods, attributes, but in C++ ;)

But the problem is that I would like to import and export save in the program, but it isn't possible unlike to use the Bank for ORAS and XY (and I suppose in the next update of the Bank, Sun/Moon will be the same). I don't know if you release the specific code to access ROSA and XY saves, but you give us the 3DSX link a few days ago. Could you send me the source by PM ? I would appreciate it ! I'm not in the part of reading and writing save of ORAS and XY, so don't worry I have time :)

If some are interested of the project, I will post it on Github in the next few days :)

The goal is the same of PKHeX with some enhancement :

- Reading directly the save of a Pokemon Game
- Editing the Boxes, adding Pokemon
- Add what you want
- Writing directly the save, with an automatic backup
- Legitimity check
- Multiple UI Language

- A good look-and-feel UI with drag and drop, pretty select box (like when you select a nature, you will see AttSpe+10%, DefSpe-10% along with it)
- Seeing all the changes between saves (like "Add Pikachu on Box 3, Shiny of XXX, ...) and being able to select one and import it
- Presets of Strategic Pokemon (Smogon sets)
- Maybe a QRCode reader to import PKM of the PKHeX version on PC

I'm focusing on Sun/Moon save at the moment, I will add XY and ORAS when the first version with the UI will be finished.

Thanks JK for the help !

EDIT: Just saw PKSM which is the same goal as mine ! Maybe not the lib, but I will try to help him instead :o

Last edited by Stitchu,

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Double post, but JK post a specific 3DSX for XY / ORAS saves a few pages ago.
Because in the 11.2.0.35 update, the save of ORAS and XY games are located randomly in memory, so he used Pokemon Bank to locate it. You have to use the 3DSX specific version with Pokemon Bank.

Here is the link of the specific version, with an enhanced XML that select automatically Pokemon Bank when you launch it. If I have the source code I will rename it to appear it as another name in Homebrew. Here it is only the files that JK posted it few days ago :
https://sabercathost.com/1EsG/JKSM-XY-ORAS-Edition.zip

It only works with Pokémon XY / ORAS though. So keep your JKSM classic too :)

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double post, but JK post a specific 3DSX for XY / ORAS saves a few pages ago.
Because in the 11.2.0.35 update, the save of ORAS and XY games are located randomly in memory, so he used Pokemon Bank to locate it. You have to use the 3DSX specific version with Pokemon Bank.

Here is the link of the specific version, with an enhanced XML that select automatically Pokemon Bank when you launch it. If I have the source code I will rename it to appear it as another name in Homebrew. Here it is only the files that JK posted it few days ago :
https://sabercathost.com/1EsG/JKSM-XY-ORAS-Edition.zip

It only works with Pokémon XY / ORAS though. So keep your JKSM classic too :)
I have to tell you, but there is a Pokemon save editor already. PKSM is its name, and it is still being updated. It does basically everything you want your app to do. It would probably be a better use of your time to try to help out the creator of that rather than starting from scratch.

KaanErkam

Trophies
XP
Country
hey i just tried to download the JKSM file on page 1, but I keep getting a pop up saying "canont open file.....as archive", and when I try to extract the file with WinRAR it says either the file type isn't recognised or the file is broken! Please help!

Shikinouta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i just tried to download the JKSM file on page 1, but I keep getting a pop up saying "canont open file.....as archive", and when I try to extract the file with WinRAR it says either the file type isn't recognised or the file is broken! Please help!
Usually if Winrar doesn't work for me, I use 7-zip to open the archive instead.
It's essentially just an open source Winrar alternative, and whenever Winrar fails me, 7zip usually opens the file without issue.
If that doesn't work, then just redownload the file I guess

Chimechoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried to dump ExtData of my Pokémon Moon (downloaded) but it states that the title does not use it. Pokémon Moon does use extdata and i've seen people with downloaded copies do it: any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it