Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,834,550
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
I've tried to dump ExtData of my Pokémon Moon (downloaded) but it states that the title does not use it. Pokémon Moon does use extdata and i've seen people with downloaded copies do it: any ideas?

Did you record any battle? If not, there's nothing to dump xD

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm way late but here's the screenshot of my SD Card. Does anything look wrong that would give me the red screen when trying to export my Gen 1 Pokemon saves? Putting it into the JKSV folder won't work either.
3A1E1D10-69E8-4BEB-BBDE-64AE7622AA73_zpsjrxfkxqo.jpg

Last edited by ChicagoMel,

gamew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm way late but here's the screenshot of my SD Card. Does anything look wrong that would give me the red screen when trying to export my Gen 1 Pokemon saves? Putting it into the JKSV folder won't work either.
3A1E1D10-69E8-4BEB-BBDE-64AE7622AA73_zpsjrxfkxqo.jpg
where you going to post a screenshot so you started paint but then just gave up?

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country

TheSquidLivesOn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't quite understand how all this works? I'm trying this for the first time and am probably just being stupid and misdoing something. When I download the files it saves the program as an xml document and doesn't seem to run properly? It opens up internet explorer and just lists two lines of code for inputs I don't know. Am I missing something?

Belickade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First time using this tool (also my first time using homebrew on my 3DS). If I'm only concerned with making backups of my game saves, do I need to worry about making backups with the other options? Specifically, the following:

ExtData is exported to SD:/JKSV/ExtData/[Title]/[Slot Dir]
System Save data is exported to SD:/JKSV/SysSave/
Boss ExtData is exported to SD:/JKSV/Boss/
Shared ExtData is exported to sd/JKSV/Shared/[ID]/[DIR]

Does any of the above pertain to the actual game's save? Is there a list somewhere detailing what each of these are (ExtData, Boss ExtData etc)?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time using this tool (also my first time using homebrew on my 3DS). If I'm only concerned with making backups of my game saves, do I need to worry about making backups with the other options? Specifically, the following:

Does any of the above pertain to the actual game's save? Is there a list somewhere detailing what each of these are (ExtData, Boss ExtData etc)?
It depends on the game, tbh. For example, games like Fantasy Life store their saves on your SD card so you'd want to back up your ext data for that game. Pokemon games store their saves on the cartridge, and Fire Emblem Fates stores saves on both the cartridge and in ext data, however that all depends on if you bought the other paths of the game. If you just want to be sure, go ahead and backup everything that you can backup.

SmokeyDigsby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to export a Pokemon ORAS save to a SD card and import it back after im done editing it? Everytime i try i to use JKSM or even PKSM i run into yellow screen freeze. Any help?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to export a Pokemon ORAS save to a SD card and import it back after im done editing it? Everytime i try i to use JKSM or even PKSM i run into yellow screen freeze. Any help?
Have you downloaded the most recent boot.3dsx from smealum's website? It's been updated to hax 2.8 beta which should help with the yellow screen issue. I just tried opening JKSM on my o3DS on 11.2 with the latest boot.3dsx and it booted me into the JKSM menu.

MuratTemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is a save manager you can install as a CIA. This means no more booting into the homebrew menu and rebooting to import and export saves.

Testing has shown that it doesn't appear to have any problems with any titles. Thanks to @Gocario, it will automatically delete any secure values.
It can also export and import ExtData IF the title uses it.

I've made it as simple as I can, while keeping the slot feature from my old save manager.
When you select backup or restore, you will have to select or create a new slot. If you don't like the input screen, you can create the directories yourself inside the game's export folder.

Save Data is exported to SD:/JKSV/Saves/[Title]/[Slot Dir]

Tell me if you have any issues. I've tried my best to get everything 100%, but I'm not perfect.

-FAQ-

-Why two QR codes?-
One has a font that supports Japanese, the other does not. This makes a 1.5MB difference in
size, so I figured I'd offer it for people who don't need the JPN support.

-I get a message saying "Error opening save archive!"-
This means one of two things usually. The first is that the game has not been
started and/or given a chance to format its save data. The second is that this title
saves to Extra Save Data or ExtData, like Fantasy Life or Monster Hunter Generations.

-What happened to L or R for auto dating?-
Type in the number 2 to have both formats pop up in the dictionary box.

-I can't open the Extra Data for [Title], but I know it's there.-
Some games with multiple versions, Pokemon and Fire Emblem Fates for example, save to
an extra data archive that they all share. This means I need to add a redirect for these
games before you can access it. I do not enumerate the Extra Data, I use the ID from the
title to access it or test if it's there.

-I open the 3DSX and it says "Nintendo 3DS Camera" or is blank and doesn't work-
You need the JKSM.xml file in the same directory as the 3dsx. This tells the HBL that JKSM
needs a target title.

-The 3DSX gets stuck on certain titles-
You need a newer boot and mmap files for 9.6+ files. You can find them here: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls

-What is MHGSV?-
MHGSV is a save data tool specifically for Monster Hunter Generations. It is intended for people using homebrew
only on official firmwares, as it detects you system's region and uses that to determine which
archive to open. Using it on a US system with a JPN game for example will not work as it will
try to open archive 0x1870 instead of 0x1554. It does not need an xml file or target, making it easier
to work with if you only want quick save edits.

QR Codes/DL Links:
The 3DSX and MHGSV are attached to this post. I will work on getting source cleaned up and updated the next couple days when I have time. If you have any issues, be sure to tell me. It may not look too different, but I did have to change the way it worked in some places to get the home button working again.

The latest version is from 7/21/2016. It includes:
3DS Software keyboard
Home button works for most of the program. Exceptions are when user input is needed
Play coins can be set to any number between 0 to 300.
Auto centered text for menus.(This is easily changed back if no one likes it.)
Finally has color changing built in. Sliders maybe later. Any paint program can give you RGB values
Tries to imitate the way SDF handles errors(I don't like this too much and might switch back.)
Probably other stuff too.

The banner and icon were made by @Sgt. Lulz.

A big thanks to @Shadowfied, @Phanton, @Sgt. Lulz, and @A_Random_Guy for risking their saves and testing.

Source is available here: https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM. I'm far from a pro though, so I know some could probably be done better.
This save manager is by far the best,I really appreciate your work :)

george1391

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried backing up some GBA saves but it gave me an error. Is it even pissibl to use JKSV to backup these saves?

The Gameboy saves seemed to backup just fine...

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Hi guys !

I did some tests and here is my conclusion.
When you use SoundHax you didn't have to use the special version of JKSM. The save is at the same place than before, so it didn't crash.
If you use another haxx (OoT, Cubic Ninja, Citizens of Earth) with another game, the save of XY / ORAS and some other games will be at another place in the memory. Nintendo detects if you start a game, so in the sub-system, if you insert the cartridge the save will in another place in memory. It is the same for eShop games.

So, you can use JKSM and PKSM normally if you use SoundHax. If you use another haxx, you have to use the special version of JKSM available here :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1dfr46e15qyn8a/JKSM-ORAS-XY-Edition.zip

It only works with XY/ORAS because it selects automatically Pokémon Bank. So keep your JKSV aside. I changed the icon, so you will recognize it :)

As of PKSM, if you don't use SoundHax, you have to select Pokémon Bank like JKSV. But it didn't work for me, don't know why. I will investigate if someone don't have an explanation !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night