Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,839,749
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys !

I did some tests and here is my conclusion.
When you use SoundHax you didn't have to use the special version of JKSM. The save is at the same place than before, so it didn't crash.
If you use another haxx (OoT, Cubic Ninja, Citizens of Earth) with another game, the save of XY / ORAS and some other games will be at another place in the memory. Nintendo detects if you start a game, so in the sub-system, if you insert the cartridge the save will in another place in memory. It is the same for eShop games.

So, you can use JKSM and PKSM normally if you use SoundHax. If you use another haxx, you have to use the special version of JKSM available here :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1dfr46e15qyn8a/JKSM-ORAS-XY-Edition.zip

It only works with XY/ORAS because it selects automatically Pokémon Bank. So keep your JKSV aside. I changed the icon, so you will recognize it :)

As of PKSM, if you don't use SoundHax, you have to select Pokémon Bank like JKSV. But it didn't work for me, don't know why. I will investigate if someone don't have an explanation !
The hax entrypoint is irrevelant. What causes problems with XY/ORAS is something called PASLR that ninty implemented in several of the latest firmwares. The 'new' fix you linked was made by JK forever ago to solve the problem. I'd ask JK if I were you before mirroring downloads of his stuff like you did there, since you have no permission to do so. Also, PKSM doesn't work because I don't think that a PASLR fix has been implemented. Soundhax might work for you since it is on Hax v. 2.8, which fixes PASLR.

Shironomia

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,
I know this is probably a stupid as fuck question, but:
I currently have a 4GB SD Card in my N3DS XL with Pokemon Moon installed.
Because of Moon taking so much space, I can't progress with installing A9LH + Luma3DS.
Now my point is, I'd have to delete Moon, but I wanna keep my save.
Can I use the .3dsx version of this to backup my moon save, delete moon, then after I'm done installing everything, reinstall Moon and restore my save?

Or would PKSM be better to use?

Last edited by Shironomia,

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Omegablu thanks for the info ! I'm not in this world and didn't notice the version of the hax ! So it's why it is working with SoundHax, and not with my OoTHax :o
So if I understand well, this 2.8 version can be install on OoT then ?
And I already contacted JK, and he said a lot of info about his fix ! I tried to reproduce his changes because he lost the source code, but I didn't success. I'm with him to know other changes that he might have done :)

Shironomia, I think you can. If the game is the same, you will be able to import your save after you did your things :)

Last edited by Stitchu,
Reactions: Shironomia

Shironomia

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright Naxann, thanks a lot for the answer!
I was just worried because of the secure value but apparently JKSM handles that aswell. I'll go for it then.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omegablu thanks for the info ! I'm not in this world and didn't notice the version of the hax ! So it's why it is working with SoundHax, and not with my OoTHax :o
So if I understand well, this 2.8 version can be install on OoT then ?
And I already contacted JK, and he said a lot of info about his fix ! I tried to reproduce his changes because he lost the source code, but I didn't success. I'm with him to know other changes that he might have done :)

Shironomia, I think you can. If the game is the same, you will be able to import your save after you did your things :)
You can update the other entrypoints that you have to 2.8 by reinstalling them and replacing their payloads.

Leo__L

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried importing a save from Kid Icarus (digital media) into JK Save Manager and it does not identify the game (I have digital media from super mario 3d land, the name of the game appeared and I managed to import). How do I do?

EDIT:

I was able to import the save by the application, the progress of the game appeared (82%) and everything else, but when I try to play, it appears as if I was starting from 0. What to do?

Last edited by Leo__L,

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
I don't understand what you mean about Digital media. You mean, you bought it from eShop ? Is the game have an update ?
Because maybe the save is for an updated version of Kid Icarus (or the contrary)

darkrai87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend trying to use JKSM with a physical copy of Sun/Moon on an O3DS running 9.9.0-12, with soundhax as his homebrew entrypoint. He says he's getting a red screen error whenever he selects Sun/Moon in JKSM. He should be running the homebrew launcher on 2.8. Does anybody know a solution?

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to backup my Animal Crossing New Leaf save file, but whenever I select it the bottom screen goes red and it freezes. My firmware is 10.6.0-31U and my entry point is the internet browser.

I don't know if it's acting this way because I haven't picked up my 3DS to Homebrew in seventeen days or what(and it worked prior to my absence of its use), does anyone know what the problem is? It does this with the "save_manager" application as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got Cubic Ninja today and the entrypoint from there fixed my issue.

Last edited by Goshi,

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
extras
set play coins
put 300 coins
jksm its complete than coin setter thankfully discover you can from jksm put game coins

arawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
MAybe I missed something, but I can't find the pre-installed pokemon moon game on my SD card with savemanager.
Any idea?
Thank you

mouseno4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This program seems to have issues with Fire Emblem If. Attempting to export and import only copies 3 out of 9 save files. Thankfully, the game allows you to copy savegames around, allowing me to export and import 3 at a time, copy them to empty slots and repeat for the other 6.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program seems to have issues with Fire Emblem If. Attempting to export and import only copies 3 out of 9 save files. Thankfully, the game allows you to copy savegames around, allowing me to export and import 3 at a time, copy them to empty slots and repeat for the other 6.
The other 6 are in extra data, so of course they don't dump with the others. You have to dump extra data to get the others.

Reactions: hiten

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1