Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,839,085
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any way I can somehow get it back? I doubt it, but I just am curious
Well, when you say "lost some data", what do you mean? Is your save file gone? Have you lost a certain amount of time of progress? I doubt you'll be able to regain your lost data. Did you do the JKSV or the svdt method?

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when you say "lost some data", what do you mean? Is your save file gone? Have you lost a certain amount of time of progress? I doubt you'll be able to regain your lost data. Did you do the JKSV or the svdt method?
Well if you haven't played the game, this may not mean anything to you, but I had cleared five trials and was on the third island, but now I got sent back to the second island after just beating the fourth one. It was at most 2-3 hours lost, but I wonder what happened. I used JKSV. What does SVDT do differently?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well if you haven't played the game, this may not mean anything to you, but I had cleared five trials and was on the third island, but now I got sent back to the second island after just beating the fourth one. It was at most 2-3 hours lost, but I wonder what happened. I used JKSV. What does SVDT do differently?
That sounds very strange. Did you last play your save file prior to the System Transfer? It's quite possible that your loss of save data is unrelated, and you may have just failed to save your game after playing those 2-3 hours (everyone's done this at least once, I'm sure).

svdt just allows you to individually delete the secure value; you don't have to export/import and let it do it automatically, as JKSV does.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds very strange. Did you last play your save file prior to the System Transfer? It's quite possible that your loss of save data is unrelated, and you may have just failed to save your game after playing those 2-3 hours (everyone's done this at least once, I'm sure).

svdt just allows you to individually delete the secure value; you don't have to export/import and let it do it automatically, as JKSV does.
But the thing is, I saved multiple times throughout those 2-3 hours. I didn't play for that long straight. I clearly remember turning on my game and starting at the third island at one point. And considering what you said about the differences, I don't think the other method over the JKSM method will change anything

Acrokid098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
Man, I'm getting a yellow screen again... :( I hate this.. Is there any other save manager I can use for Pokemon moon?

UPDATE: Looks like it worked for me again after deleting and adding the mmap files again.. Still an inconvenience tho.. :P

@Xiphiidae

Last edited by Acrokid098,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Man, I'm getting a yellow screen again... I hate this.. Is there any other save manager I can use for Pokemon moon?

UPDATE: Looks like it worked for me again after deleting and adding the mmap files again.. Still an inconvenience tho..
I don't why you got a yellow screen, but using another homebrew app wouldn't've helped. You must've done something with your SD card; once you've downloaded the mmap file for Pokémon Moon then you should never see a yellow screen when using a homebrew app with Pokémon Moon. At any rate, it's good that it's working again.

For the record, for Pokémon games I primarily use svdt.

Acrokid098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
It works but sometimes the yellow screen of death keeps coming back to me.. I know I did nothing wrong... I kept everything the same... :( I feel like I'm one of the cursed ones apparently :P

Faellin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get the homebrew menu working, and am having trouble exporting my hyrule warriors legends savefile. I enter the save manager menu for this, select the game and it just gives a red screen of doom. And then it seems to freeze up.

Am I missing something?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get the homebrew menu working, and am having trouble exporting my hyrule warriors legends savefile. I enter the save manager menu for this, select the game and it just gives a red screen of doom. And then it seems to freeze up.

Am I missing something?
Follow the instructions here. You're missing the XMLs.

sammichito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 2ds with firmware 9.5 and ive been trying to use jksv too edit my copy of moon (because ninjahax save manger wont work on moon) but the homebrew version just wont work for me on any game it will keep giving me the message (error opening save archive) could someone explain how to make it work?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 2ds with firmware 9.5 and ive been trying to use jksv too edit my copy of moon (because ninjahax save manger wont work on moon) but the homebrew version just wont work for me on any game it will keep giving me the message (error opening save archive) could someone explain how to make it work?

I'd say install a9lh and kiss these kinds of problems goodbye.
https://3ds.guide/

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
does anybody know how to get GBC gamesaves to inject without corrupting data for Pokemon silver?
I have yet to try injecting a GB/GBA game but I'd be damned if I couldn't import my save. Is it really true? I have only tried Pokemon Yellow but this one doesn't count.

Sent from my Nexus 4

iji4031

Trophies
XP
Country
i used oot3dhax to get homebrew access but want to pokegen some mons into omega ruby, everytime i choose oras in the save manager, a yellow box pops up on the bottom screen while the top screen is solid black.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to try injecting a GB/GBA game but I'd be damned if I couldn't import my save. Is it really true? I have only tried Pokemon Yellow but this one doesn't count.

Sent from my Nexus 4
hmm weird it works on gold and crystal but not silver
after using pkhex I corrupt data on silver all the time

g.maverick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, I have a silly problem.

I would like to export a savegame of a game installed in the sysnand of my emunand.

I am using JKSM 6/30/2016
I can find the game in System Titles, and I have the option "export system save" available (not "export save").
Anyhow when I choose it gives me:

"Error opening system save data. Title may not use it!"

I have shoot installing the game in the SD of the same emunand and moving the .sav file in the relative folder (overwriting the one in the SD just created).
But when I run the game the save is detected as corrupted.

Any advise?

Cheers.

PS:
- I also used SaveDataFiler but I can not find the savegame:
I would expect to find a "0137f" folder in "User" but it is not there

The game is New Super Mario Bros. 2 SE "0004000000137f00" "legit cia"

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I have a silly problem.

I would like to export a savegame of a game installed in the sysnand of my emunand.

I am using JKSM 6/30/2016
I can find the game in System Titles, and I have the option "export system save" available (not "export save").
Anyhow when I choose it gives me:

"Error opening system save data. Title may not use it!"

I have shoot installing the game in the SD of the same emunand and moving the .sav file in the relative folder (overwriting the one in the SD just created).
But when I run the game the save is detected as corrupted.

Any advise?

Cheers.

PS:
- I also used SaveDataFiler but I can not find the savegame:
I would expect to find a "0137f" folder in "User" but it is not there

The game is New Super Mario Bros. 2 SE "0004000000137f00" "legit cia"

Try the new version on the github. It's in the cleanup branch. I think it's 11/21/2016 version. It's been posted in the thread fairly recently.

Also try the "save data options" instead of "extra data options".

You can't move saves like that. They're encrypted and won't work unless you decrypt it and encrypt it for the "new" NAND.

Reactions: g.maverick

g.maverick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try the new version on the github. It's in the cleanup branch. I think it's 11/21/2016 version. It's been posted in the thread fairly recently.

Just tried with the cleanup branch but it gave me:
"Error opening system sava data: C8804470"

Also try the "save data options" instead of "extra data options".
That option is only avilable under "Cardige" and "SD/CIA" not in "System Titles"

You can't move saves like that. They're encrypted and won't work unless you decrypt it and encrypt it for the "new" NAND.

I was hoping that moving the moving the .sav file in the same emunand, from the SYNAND to the SD memory, would have work, becuse I was expecting they use the same encryption key, but I was wrong.

Still stuck, but thanks for the help pixelmasher

igromanru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess JKSM need an update, I can't backup save files of Streetpass Mii Plaza.
It's say something like "could not open the archive".

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried with the cleanup branch but it gave me:
"Error opening system sava data: C8804470"

That option is only avilable under "Cardige" and "SD/CIA" not in "System Titles"

I was hoping that moving the moving the .sav file in the same emunand, from the SYNAND to the SD memory, would have work, becuse I was expecting they use the same encryption key, but I was wrong.

Still stuck, but thanks for the help pixelmasher

What are you trying to backup?

You shouldn't need to go into System Titles unless it's Mii Plaza stuff. I was able to backup all the Mii Plaza stuff without any issues. If you haven't launched the game, it won't have the save/extra data and it'll give you an error.

Last edited by pixelmasher,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu