Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,835,076
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_

Great program. I've been using it since I got a9lh and it's great. Had an issue with system titles not displaying correctly when I used GYTB, but 2016-09-05 version fixed that.

Is there a way you can make auto-complete date do 21061212-0000 or 20161212-000000 instead of 2016-12-12_00-00-00? I'd be happy with an option to change too.

SPYPSY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you have the Pokemon Bank method version of JKSM. Just download and use the 3dsx from the first post. It's in the attachments. Unless you're trying to access the save file for ORAS, then the version that you have is only for ORAS.
Now I get a red screen whenever I try to use the save manager

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

tried to compile the tool by my self but i always get the error:

/Users/******/3ds_tools/JKSM/source/hbfilter.cpp: In function 'bool downloadFilter()':

/Users/******/3ds_tools/JKSM/source/hbfilter.cpp:43:55: error: too many arguments to function 'Result httpcGetResponseStatusCode(httpcContext*, u32*)'

res = httpcGetResponseStatusCode(&filter, &code, 0);

In file included from /opt/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:45:0,

from /Users/******/3ds_tools/JKSM/source/hbfilter.cpp:1:

/opt/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/httpc.h:136:8: note: declared here

Result httpcGetResponseStatusCode(httpcContext *context, u32* out);

make[1]: *** [hbfilter.o] Error 1

make: *** [build] Error 2

I installed the needed packages that are mentioned in the readme and they are all up to date.
I'm using OSX 10.12
Can you tell me where are the problem? (my username on system isn't ******, just removed it for privacy)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work with k11 access does it? Freezing on red screen.
Either you're missing a boot.3dsx or you don't have the custom mmap files on your SD card.
Is there a Github for this? Or is this post the best source for latest build?
This thread is the best source for the latest build, as the Github page is not up to date. But if you're interested, the Github source is in the very first post of this thread.

Madbronine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would like to report an issue.
My friend and I are both unable to export ExtData from our Pokemon Moon games.
Error: "Error opening ExtData! Title may not use it."
We can extract the same ExtData from our sun games (because the Battle videos are somehow shared).

We're both running Luma3DS 6.5 and we both have Pokemon Sun Cartridges. My friend has a Moon cartridge and I use a digital version.
I'm wondering if JKSM is looking for the wrong folder to check for pokemon Moon's ExtData?
-edit-
I tried creating a folder for moon to store extdata.
After loading up the game checking my battle videos and saving again.
It did not export any ExtData into the newly created folder.

Last edited by Madbronine,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have the exact same problem as Madbronine above me, but not on CFW, but through Homebrew (OoTHax, 11.2 N3DS). I have a cartridge version of Moon, and dumping the save is not an issue, but trying to dump extdata gives me an "Error opening ExtData! Title may not use it" error.
Using the CIA version on my old 3DS on a CIA version of Sun worked fine (though it did complain about "filelist.txt").

Edit: Yup, can confirm the above, Sun's extdata folder is used by both Sun and Moon. I used exdata_dump homebrew to dump ALL extdata, and my battlevideos were found in 00001648 folder. Which is Sun's extdata folder, moon's doesn't exist.

Last edited by PewnyPL,

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! I did a system transfer on my downloaded version of Pokemon Moon, but whenever I go into the game afterwards, it always says the save data is not compatible with the system or something. I REALLY don.t want to lose my saves! Please help! How do I make it work?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! I did a system transfer on my downloaded version of Pokemon Moon, but whenever I go into the game afterwards, it always says the save data is not compatible with the system or something. I REALLY don.t want to lose my saves! Please help! How do I make it work?

Probably a problem with save value, I think that's what it's called. There should be an option to remove it in JKSM.

I'd say to make a new dump of your save and import it again and see if that works. Next time, I would suggest dumping your save before you transfer, just in case.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would like to report an issue.
My friend and I are both unable to export ExtData from our Pokemon Moon games.
Error: "Error opening ExtData! Title may not use it."
We can extract the same ExtData from our sun games (because the Battle videos are somehow shared).

We're both running Luma3DS 6.5 and we both have Pokemon Sun Cartridges. My friend has a Moon cartridge and I use a digital version.
I'm wondering if JKSM is looking for the wrong folder to check for pokemon Moon's ExtData?
-edit-
I tried creating a folder for moon to store extdata.
After loading up the game checking my battle videos and saving again.
It did not export any ExtData into the newly created folder.

I have the exact same problem as Madbronine above me, but not on CFW, but through Homebrew (OoTHax, 11.2 N3DS). I have a cartridge version of Moon, and dumping the save is not an issue, but trying to dump extdata gives me an "Error opening ExtData! Title may not use it" error.
Using the CIA version on my old 3DS on a CIA version of Sun worked fine (though it did complain about "filelist.txt").

Edit: Yup, can confirm the above, Sun's extdata folder is used by both Sun and Moon. I used exdata_dump homebrew to dump ALL extdata, and my battlevideos were found in 00001648 folder. Which is Sun's extdata folder, moon's doesn't exist.

Found a solution! There is a newer build of JKSM available (in cleanup branch) which properly redirects the calls. Here it is, both in CIA and 3DSX form: https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/commit/3e144340b7038d17f36c8372779107460b9dd89d

Reactions: Madbronine

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for pointing that out PewnyPL. Shit has been pretty crazy for me lately and I haven't had time for much of anything.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a problem with save value, I think that's what it's called. There should be an option to remove it in JKSM.

I'd say to make a new dump of your save and import it again and see if that works. Next time, I would suggest dumping your save before you transfer, just in case.
So... what? Is it safe to do that? How do I make a backup? And what does the second part of your post mean?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... what? Is it safe to do that? How do I make a backup? And what does the second part of your post mean?

Well, this is a program to "dump" or make "backup" of your save data. Just launch the program, select cart or find your program from the list and make a backup.

Just make a backup of your current save, then restore it. Since JKSM automatically deals with secure values, it should fix it.

Yeah, removing it should be safe. Or else things wouldn't work properly as I understand it.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is a program to "dump" or make "backup" of your save data. Just launch the program, select cart or find your program from the list and make a backup.

Just make a backup of your current save, then restore it. Since JKSM automatically deals with secure values, it should fix it.

Yeah, removing it should be safe. Or else things wouldn't work properly as I understand it.
Sorry for my stupidity, but how do I actually install it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0