Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,838,801
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is? You mean the basically obsolete 3dsx one?

Fine, it can be something like SaveDataManager to go along nicely with SaveDataFiler. One is official and one is a homebrew?

But anyway, you get the idea :)
SaveDataManager sounds pretty good. JK Savedatamanager. Folder JKSM.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woohoo! New version!

Do I have to move the output folders from the Feb 3 release anywhere or should they remain in the same location?

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I thought he was going to make everything save into a single folder as to not clutter the root of our SDs. I guess that's coming in the next build?
Ah I get it. Yes they will go into one folder JKSV and inside that folder you will have Saves, boss, extdata, other one (forgot the name) check this 1st post.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_

Don't take this the wrong way. I love this app, but I just don't find the name "JK's SaveManager" a nice one. How about renaming it to "SaveManager"
That being said, I love the fact that the serial is JKSV. Now THAT fits nicely with the app and has a nice ring to the name (Although I think it should be JKSM, not V). :D

It's just a suggestion. I don't mean for it to be taken negatively in any way :)
I'll be honest, I never really thought about what I was going to name it. It just started out with me screwing around with my old one and trying to see if I could access save archives without the homebrew launcher. CTR-HB-JKSV was just me shortening JK + Save down to fit. HB was so you knew it was homebrew in case you wanted to delete it.

Woohoo! New version!

Do I have to move the output folders from the Feb 3 release anywhere or should they remain in the same location?
It should take care of that for you.
Does this include support for demo saves (like Bravely Default)?
Yes. I'm pretty sure I added them and download BD's demo to check if it worked.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'll be honest, I never really thought about what I was going to name it. It just started out with me screwing around with my old one and trying to see if I could access save archives without the homebrew launcher. CTR-HB-JKSV was just me shortening JK + Save down to fit. HB was so you knew it was homebrew in case you wanted to delete it.
Yeah I remember you saying something like that earlier in the thread, and it's great that you decided to share it with us. The way this has grown though, it deserves a proper name now don't you think? :D
And yeah, I noticed that -HB- in the middle. I liked it :D

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_ Fantastic man! So much improvement with the GUI, name sorting, operation of games and system, and even a play coin setter! I have only one thing to ask. In your Feb version, game like Pokémon would crate a folder called Pokemon and that was great. Moving to the new version though, the é becomes an odd symbol, so it's essentially a different folder. Freaked me out when I couldn't import my old saves until I exported a fresh one to find this out. Not sure what part of your code changed but I was wondering if it could go back to translating the é to e?

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@JK_ Fantastic man! So much improvement with the GUI, name sorting, operation of games and system, and even a play coin setter! I have only one thing to ask. In your Feb version, game like Pokémon would crate a folder called Pokemon and that was great. Moving to the new version though, the é becomes an odd symbol, so it's essentially a different folder. Freaked me out when I couldn't import my old saves until I exported a fresh one to find this out. Not sure what part of your code changed but I was wondering if it could go back to translating the é to e?
The first version would replace the é with a 0. Is that what's happening with the current one? I'm pretty sure the é was replaced because it's a special character :P

Reactions: Michierusama

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first version would replace the é with a 0. Is that what's happening with the current one? I'm pretty sure the é was replaced because it's a special character :P
Even that would help. No, my previous version named all my Pokémon save files as Pokemon. This new one now names them: Pokémon when viewed on a computer but Pok⊦↽mon when viewed in the 3DS. I guess as long as it shows as appropriate on a computer it's fine.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even that would help. No, my previous version named all my Pokémon save files as Pokemon. This new one now names them: Pokémon when viewed on a computer but Pok⊦↽mon when viewed in the 3DS. I guess as long as it shows as appropriate on a computer it's fine.
I switched over to UTF16 for Japanese support, but I'm guessing most homebrew is still ASCII. I haven't had any issues with pokemon games over ftp, but if it gives other people issues it's a simple fix.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor problems:
The file is named JKSM but the directory it creates is named JKSV.
When I look at system titles, I see a ???. It has high 00040100 and low 00021a00, and is CTR-N-HCBE. Searching for this shows that it is the system transfer application.

Also, I was trying to use this to transfer Streetpass Mii Plaza. Being able to transfer system titles makes it almost work. If I transfer all of system, extdata, and boss, for both Mii Plaza and Miimaker (to get the CFL_DB.dat), game progress is correct, and number of streetpasses is correct.

However:
1) Plaza population is slightly too high
2) All Plaza inhabitants are listed as having been tagged a minute ago
3) Most inhabitants do not have a last used software. I noticed that inhabitants that used Pokemon OR or system applications did still have the last used software. It so happens these are things I have played on this machine (which was never used much).
4) I had some miis I hadn't played with completely (since I hadn't used them in Find Mii). I also had some I had just met. Neither of these showed up.

Does anyone know exactly what I need to copy, and if I need to copy something else? #1 and #2 make me suspicious that the CFL_DB.dat just adds to the existing Mii database and the actual database is something else. Attempting to fix #3, I copied Activity Log system save data, but the result was an activity log which resembled the one on my old machine but with blank spaces for titles I hadn't played on the new one.

razer86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any chance of adding an option to hide applications? No point having hblauncher and devmenu etc in the list of apps to export/import saves.

Edit: Just grabbed the latest version and it has cleaned up the Games list a heap, still have Dev Menu and microSD Management in the list though

Last edited by razer86,

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
First, awesome job!

What are the chances to add a remote repository for save files? I currently have 2 N3DS (regular / xl) and would like to easily share save files between the two. Dropbox maybe? ftp server?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: