Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,841,205
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I see, thanks.

I have a new issue: the new version of JKSM doesn't fit properly on the top screen. When I press A on export save, I can scroll through my list of saves, but when I'm at the bottom item I can't even see it. It's off-screen. Everything is also shifted to the right so I can't read the full names.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see, thanks.

I have a new issue: the new version of JKSM doesn't fit properly on the top screen. When I press A on export save, I can scroll through my list of saves, but when I'm at the bottom item I can't even see it. It's off-screen. Everything is also shifted to the right so I can't read the full names.
Sorry about that. I'll get a new version up sometime this week. I'll just swap the position for the one I used at title select. I'm working on some stuff you guys probably won't notice, but it should make it more stable and easier to work with.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a guide for this somewhere? Im trying to transfer my StreetPass and Activity log data to another 3DS... do I need to just export the System Save, just the ExtData, just hte Boxx ExtData? Or all 3? What is the difference between them?

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that. I'll get a new version up sometime this week. I'll just swap the position for the one I used at title select. I'm working on some stuff you guys probably won't notice, but it should make it more stable and easier to work with.

More stable than Nintendo?

Stable ™ I'll put all my horses there xD

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide for this somewhere? Im trying to transfer my StreetPass and Activity log data to another 3DS... do I need to just export the System Save, just the ExtData, just hte Boxx ExtData? Or all 3? What is the difference between them?
You should probably transfer everything they use. I didn't get to try it with much. I know game notes transfer without issue, but a few things will give you corruption errors when you tansfer between 3dses. If they don't use a certain archive, it will give you an error.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You should probably transfer everything they use. I didn't get to try it with much. I know game notes transfer without issue, but a few things will give you corruption errors when you tansfer between 3dses. If they don't use a certain archive, it will give you an error.

Yop, friends list didnt transfer at all, Activity log transfered all the pages but no icons... the Mii Plaza transfered some but not all Miis (transfered 1000) but I have like 1600. And they are not holding anything (no favorite game icons).

Damn :( looks like this is no use to me.

Question for you though, transfering game saves between systems should be fine yea? No need to decrypt or enrypt anything?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yop, friends list didnt transfer at all, Activity log transfered all the pages but no icons... the Mii Plaza transfered some but not all Miis (transfered 1000) but I have like 1600. And they are not holding anything (no favorite game icons).

Damn :( looks like this is no use to me.

Question for you though, transfering game saves between systems should be fine yea? No need to decrypt or enrypt anything?
Yeah. It can do that fine. Looks like I'll be adding shared extdata dumping and restoring. I think that's where that stuff is probably stored.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah. It can do that fine. Looks like I'll be adding shared extdata dumping and restoring. I think that's where that stuff is probably stored.
Can you just like add an option dump EVERYTHING in a certain category (besides the stuff that would break the other console).... because basically I got screwed out of Nintendo transfer, it failed but thinks it passed so I cant attempt again and my data got "lost" but I restored it from backup.

Id like to just kinda say... grab everything and export.. then just export it all on the other system. Im talking about at least all the native apps that come out of the box.

Also can you explain what the deal is with the NNID option? I thought NNID stuff was stored on Nintendo's side? Can I transfer my NNID with this?

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Also whats weird is that once I launch those titles the empty square for that tile fills in in the Activity log and shows proper stats. and the Mii's that were holding that title also have it show up in their hands.... really weird... so the data is transfered, its just now linked to the software somehow? Maybe because the data of what it is along with the picture is transfered during the streetpass?

Also, you know how I was asking about saving and transfering 3 things for each title? Well I could only do that for mii plaza, activity log and friend list error out on anything BUT the save (first one).. is that expected?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I was trying to use this to transfer Streetpass Mii Plaza. Being able to transfer system titles makes it almost work.

The Plaza population tag turned out to be because the date on my new machine was wildly wrong, so all Miis had a date set in the future. Fixing the date fixed when the Miis were met.

I was confused over the CFL_DB.dat. CFL_DB.dat is not produced by JKSaveManager at all; I still had CFL_DB.dat left over from an attempt to save and restore it separately. If I use extdata_dump to restore everything from f000000b in https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata#NAND_Shared_Extdata (including the CFL_DB.dat), then it all works, which means that for the first time it is possible to easily transfer Streetpass Mii Plaza progress to a second 3DS.

It does still require two tools, though. I suggest adding the ability to dump NAND shared extdata (at least the f000000b) to JKSaveManager.

Anyone else who wants to do this should remember that it transfers over Mii data and a list of known game icons, so you may get problems if you don't transfer over other things that use those (Mii Maker, Activity Log). I don't know which of the multiple files in f000000b is which.

Last edited by Jiro2,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also whats weird is that once I launch those titles the empty square for that tile fills in in the Activity log and shows proper stats. and the Mii's that were holding that title also have it show up in their hands.... really weird... so the data is transfered, its just now linked to the software somehow?

As I just discovered, you need to use extdata_dump to transfer f000000b (until the ability to dump that gets added to this tool).. The CFL_DB.dat holds the Miis. One of the other files, I don't know which, holds the title icons.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As I just discovered, you need to use extdata_dump to transfer f000000b (until the ability to dump that gets added to this tool).. The CFL_DB.dat holds the Miis. One of the other files, I don't know which, holds the title icons.

Great discovery! Could you please provide a step by step on how to do the transfer with links to tools you used? It would help me greatly, and others too Im sure!

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great discovery! Could you please provide a step by step on how to do the transfer with links to tools you used? It would help me greatly, and others too Im sure!

You use this tool (JK save manager) to transfer everything for Streetpass Mii Plaza (Boss, ExtData, and system save data). Since you are doing Activity Log, you also transfer all of those that exist for Activity Log. I would recommend transferring Mii Maker, since you'll lose your Miis on the new machine anyway.

Then go get extdata_dump at http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-extdata-dump-and-restore-tool-extra-data-editing.378492/ , and put it in your 3ds directory for use by Homebrew Channel. Run it and dump all the extdata. Go put extdata_dump on your new machine, and copy everything from F000000B from the old machine, except the gamecoin.dat into your new machine's extdata_dump directory. You should have the idb.dat, idbt.dat, ubll.lst, CFL_DB.dat, and CFL_OldDB.dat listed under F000000B at https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata#NAND_Shared_Extdata . Create a config.txt with a line to load each file (I forget the syntax offhand) and load it on the new machine.

I don't know which of those files you actually need. CFL_DB.dat is the Mii database; one or more of the others is the title icons database. Because the Mii database and title icon database are used by other programs, you can't do this without affecting the other programs, in particular Mii Maker and Activity Log. You are trying to copy Activity Log anyway so that's okay. Nothing can be done about Mii Maker short of copying all the Miis to the source system first in the normal way (so they'll be in the database when you copy it back).

Once JK Save Manager gets the ability to back up and restore this data, you won't need extdata_dump.

Also, Mii Maker seems to recognize the original creator of the Miis as still being your old machine, so you may need to create a new Mii to use when those are not allowed.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You use this tool (JK save manager) to transfer everything for Streetpass Mii Plaza (Boss, ExtData, and system save data). Since you are doing Activity Log, you also transfer all of those that exist for Activity Log. I would recommend transferring Mii Maker, since you'll lose your Miis on the new machine anyway.

Then go get extdata_dump at http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-extdata-dump-and-restore-tool-extra-data-editing.378492/ , and put it in your 3ds directory for use by Homebrew Channel. Run it and dump all the extdata. Go put extdata_dump on your new machine, and copy everything from F000000B from the old machine, except the gamecoin.dat into your new machine's extdata_dump directory. You should have the idb.dat, idbt.dat, ubll.lst, CFL_DB.dat, and CFL_OldDB.dat listed under F000000B at https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata#NAND_Shared_Extdata . Create a config.txt with a line to load each file (I forget the syntax offhand) and load it on the new machine.

I don't know which of those files you actually need. CFL_DB.dat is the Mii database; one or more of the others is the title icons database. Because the Mii database and title icon database are used by other programs, you can't do this without affecting the other programs, in particular Mii Maker and Activity Log. You are trying to copy Activity Log anyway so that's okay. Nothing can be done about Mii Maker short of copying all the Miis to the source system first in the normal way (so they'll be in the database when you copy it back).

Once JK Save Manager gets the ability to back up and restore this data, you won't need extdata_dump.

Also, Mii Maker seems to recognize the original creator of the Miis as still being your old machine, so you may need to create a new Mii to use when those are not allowed.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it. One question. I am running a9Hl on the target N3DS, I dont think I can boot into homebrew menu from there. Is there a CIA version I can use instead?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to explain it. One question. I am running a9Hl on the target N3DS, I dont think I can boot into homebrew menu from there. Is there a CIA version I can use instead?
Mine already can open shared extdata. It just doesn't have code for dumping it yet. If you can wait a bit, I might be able to get it done later today or early tomorrow.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.