Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im really enjoying the progress on this editor. Keep up the great work guys.
I'll probably step back when @nedron92 releases his. There isn't any need for two to be continually developed ^^

Korados

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ScarletKohaku, thank you so much! It's nice to have someone to explain things to you step by step! Usually, when I ask for help in
regards of cheating, I always get "use Google"...

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ScarletKohaku, thank you so much! It's nice to have someone to explain things to you step by step! Usually, when I ask for help in
No problem! As a minor note, while setting the power to FF FF made the game say the weapon had 90k attack, the actual attack seemed normal, so I'm not sure how that works :P

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably step back when @nedron92 releases his. There isn't any need for two to be continually developed ^^
I dont care how "ugly" your editor looks. Functionality is first and foremost in my book and you nailed that right so far, it will be a shame to see you stop but you do what you feel is right I guess. If you two can somehow get all the benefits of the NTR plugin into the save editor I would be greatly impressed (but I'm not holding my breath either.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No problem! As a minor note, while setting the power to FF FF made the game say the weapon had 90k attack, the actual attack seemed normal, so I'm not sure how that works :P
Is it possible that it is doing the maximum attack but only as high as the equipped item allows for? Just a theory.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont care how "ugly" your editor looks. Functionality is first and foremost in my book and you nailed that right so far, it will be a shame to see you stop but you do what you feel is right I guess. If you two can somehow get all the benefits of the NTR plugin into the save editor I would be greatly impressed (but I'm not holding my breath either.)

Is it possible that it is doing the maximum attack but only as high as the equipped item allows for? Just a theory.
Just depends on what he puts in! He might already have everything I wanted to add :P I really want to see how to do hex editing in C++ though, I couldn't find much on the interwebs and I've only been doing programming for ~6 months ;-;

And your thoughts on the attack stat could be right. It could also be too high and the game wraps around to a lower stat, I should do some playing around to get to the bottom of it.

Reactions: I pwned U!

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basic way to find it:
1) Extract your save using SaveDataFiler or JK's Save Manager
2) Open the zmha.bin file in a hex editor
3) Search for the weapon you wish to edit using the following template:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in the process, I have both JKSM and SDF and neither of them can extract the save file from the cartridge or the gateway save. I know theres a way to get the save from specific roms using SaveDataFiler on Gateway Roms which to my knowledge is just loading the rom first, not opening the game and then just going straight into the SaveDataFiler to extract the save file, but every single time the CTR Card part in the user tab always shows up as -- broken -- . I cannot figure out how to get it to work properly or if for whatever reason the SaveDataFiler I have is just outdated or something (if thats even a thing idk I'm fairly new to the emunand scene after just recently getting Gateway working on my n3ds after the downgrading became useable on homebrew for 10.6)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in the process, I have both JKSM and SDF and neither of them can extract the save file from the cartridge or the gateway save. I know theres a way to get the save from specific roms using SaveDataFiler on Gateway Roms which to my knowledge is just loading the rom first, not opening the game and then just going straight into the SaveDataFiler to extract the save file, but every single time the CTR Card part in the user tab always shows up as -- broken -- . I cannot figure out how to get it to work properly or if for whatever reason the SaveDataFiler I have is just outdated or something (if thats even a thing idk I'm fairly new to the emunand scene after just recently getting Gateway working on my n3ds after the downgrading became useable on homebrew for 10.6)
Gateway is the issue there, it struggles to process Card1 games in save managers for reasons that escape me. If memory serves, you can rename the save to the title ID of a Card2 game, then load said Card2 game on the Gateway Menu and extract the save through that. That's just a rough guess from memory though, I never had any luck with Gateway and Card1 :C

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway is the issue there, it struggles to process Card1 games in save managers for reasons that escape me. If memory serves, you can rename the save to the title ID of a Card2 game, then load said Card2 game on the Gateway Menu and extract the save through that. That's just a rough guess from memory though, I never had any luck with Gateway and Card1 :C
would you happen to know the hyrule warriors eshop id to rename it? I know the US cartridge is 0017EA00 or something like that but I do not know of where I could find the eshop versions ID to rename the save file.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Do you have to own the weapon in order for it to be edited? I figured there must be existing data in order to make changes.

2. I dont understand what weapon levels are? I thought the only thing the determine a weapons power is stars, slots, and attack numbers.

3. Should I just wait till you guys incorporate this into the save editor? I'm not too good with her editing and rather wait for someone more "professional" to handle this :/

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. Do you have to own the weapon in order for it to be edited? I figured there must be existing data in order to make changes.

2. I dont understand what weapon levels are? I thought the only thing the determine a weapons power is stars, slots, and attack numbers.

3. Should I just wait till you guys incorporate this into the save editor? I'm not too good with her editing and rather wait for someone more "professional" to handle this :/
1) I would generally advise it if you're not experienced with this kind of thing, as to avoid major errors.
2) The level of each weapon. Like for Link's Hylian Sword, his Level 1 weapon is the Knight's Sword, then his Level 2 is the White Sword, and his Level 3 is the Magical Sword.
3) As long as you make a backup before playing, you can go wild. You might learn something, or you might just enjoy playing with save data :P

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would you happen to know the hyrule warriors eshop id to rename it? I know the US cartridge is 0017EA00 or something like that but I do not know of where I could find the eshop versions ID to rename the save file.
Nvrm, I have something Im going to try changing it to the savefile name for Pokemon Omega Ruby cause that shows up with both JKSM and SDF so I should be able to extract the savefile properly like that

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The problem with this answer is that, if you use Google enough, you start to find that it doesn't answer every question imaginable. I was using Google to find weapon offsets and it gave me nothing relevant. Nowadays I just view "Google it" as the lazy answer, where either you don't know and don't want to bother finding out, or you do know but you don't feel like answering the question.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with this answer is that, if you use Google enough, you start to find that it doesn't answer every question imaginable. I was using Google to find weapon offsets and it gave me nothing relevant. Nowadays I just view "Google it" as the lazy answer, where either you don't know and don't want to bother finding out, or you do know but you don't feel like answering the question.
To be fair, I did the same for offsets :') It surprises me there's not even any documentation for the Wii U version. Oh well, the time's been put in now, and it's behind me.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ScarletKohaku Using your little weapons editing guide, I managed to find the Master Sword offset (3C) and now I'm in the process of restoring my Master Sword back to its original state, but with the two skills unlocked. Also, for some reason my hex editor shows one of the skills as 35, which apparently crashes the game according to the weapon/skill offset list.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ScarletKohaku Using your little weapons editing guide, I managed to find the Master Sword offset (3C) and now I'm in the process of restoring my Master Sword back to its original state, but with the two skills unlocked. Also, for some reason my hex editor shows one of the skills as 35, which apparently crashes the game according to the weapon/skill offset list.
Well good to know you're getting things fixed! 35 might have been okay. There was a lot going on that could've crashed the game to be honest, but the list is accurate enough :P

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming 35 is the Exorcism skill, but what I did was I looked up the base power of the Master Sword w/o skills (300) and searched for it (my hex editor has it as 2C 01, which is the reverse of 01 2C, which is 300 in hex), and I was able to find the entry for the Master Sword. So now you know where to look if you want to make your Master Sword a true blade of evil's bane beyond even the goddesses' comprehension.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be fair, I did the same for offsets :') It surprises me there's not even any documentation for the Wii U version. Oh well, the time's been put in now, and it's behind me.
The Wii U version is apparently on me as a project in a week or two. Have to say, surprised you built all this code for the command window. Considering you're already platform-dependant from using C#, you should've used WinForms. If you want some implementation examples, check my signature for my bayonetta save editor source. I haven't had time to find the insane amount of offsets you have or the time to make them polished, so most of them aren't complex, but the example code is there to work from haha

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Wii U version is apparently on me as a project in a week or two. Have to say, surprised you built all this code for the command window. Considering you're already platform-dependant from using C#, you should've used WinForms. If you want some implementation examples, check my signature for my bayonetta save editor source. I haven't had time to find the insane amount of offsets you have or the time to make them polished, so most of them aren't complex, but the example code is there to work from haha
I just couldn't get my head around forms, as bad as it sounds, and at the time my programming assignment was C# Console so I just used what I knew :') I'll upgrade it to a form at some point xD

Reactions: Gadorach

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I would LOVE the OP to keep the first post updated, the NTR Plugin isn't on him. If you read the post, somebody on Speedfly made it, and as source is rarely shared with Speedfly plugins, it seems difficult to rebuild it for different versions of the game.

He said the source was ioritree. A quick search shows that this person may (key word: may) have an account here that was last active a few days ago. However, if we all pester this account, it'll probably just drive them away. We don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot. Still, if that is the person from speedfly who made the plugin, I hope they see this and at least release the source if they aren't going to update it. If you're reading this, I appreciate your work regardless. That is one beast of a plug-in. The only other one I know of that comes close to having that many features is the MH4U one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol