AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem since beta thirty something. The cursor always started on the second page of the homebrew icons. This annoys me since I would prefer to start on region free icon, on the first page.

Themehax on 10.1
Hmm very strange mine always starts on the first page.

Reactions: SomeGamer

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem since beta thirty something. The cursor always started on the second page of the homebrew icons. This annoys me since I would prefer to start on region free icon, on the first page.

Themehax on 10.1
It always starts on the first icon for me. Do you have the region free loader enabled?

In the latest beta, there's a issue with the theme settings it cant be saved.
This was a problem with previous versions but was fixed in beta 51 or so. Can you update and try again?

I've just attached beta 52:
Adds support for custom app icon background images. Place these in your theme directory as follows:
  • appbackground.png: 56 x 56 pixels. This is the background for unselected apps or empty spaces
  • appbackgroundselected.png: 56 x 56 pixels. This is the background for the currently selected app
  • cartbackground.png: 59 x 59 pixels. This is the background for the region free loader / cart when it is not selected
  • cartbackgroundselected.png: 59 x 59 pixels. This is the background for the region free loader / cart when it is currently selected
The launcher will automatically detect whether the images have an alpha channel so it makes no difference whether the images have transparency or not. They will automatically be masked to the correct shape with rounded corners and the tab for the cart icons. You will get an error in log.txt if the images are invalid or the wrong size. You do not need to change any settings - the presence of the images is enough (as with wallpapers).

Here's a screenshot of my Mario theme using custom app backgrounds:
hbl-grid-screenshot-3654592965.png

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It always starts on the first icon for me. Do you have the region free loader enabled?

This was a problem with previous versions but was fixed in beta 51 or so. Can you update and try again?

I've just attached beta 52:
Adds support for custom app icon background images. Place these in your theme directory as follows:
  • appbackground.png: 56 x 56 pixels. This is the background for unselected apps or empty spaces
  • appbackgroundselected.png: 56 x 56 pixels. This is the background for the currently selected app
  • cartbackground.png: 59 x 59 pixels. This is the background for the region free loader / cart when it is not selected
  • cartbackgroundselected.png: 59 x 59 pixels. This is the background for the region free loader / cart when it is currently selected
The launcher will automatically detect whether the images have an alpha channel so it makes no difference whether the images have transparency or not. They will automatically be masked to the correct shape with rounded corners and the tab for the cart icons. You will get an error in log.txt if the images are invalid or the wrong size. You do not need to change any settings - the presence of the images is enough (as with wallpapers).

Here's a screenshot of my Mario theme using custom app backgrounds:
View attachment 27792
gg

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! Is your Mario theme posted anywhere? It looks great.

Still hoping eventually it'll get a third option for even more icons on screen at once, as the highest amount of icons on-screen with 3 rows is still lower than what the Home Menu shows at its two highest display options. 3D support for the app currently selected would be pretty awesome, too (popout effect)

Last edited by kiwiis,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! Is your Mario theme posted anywhere? It looks great.
Thanks! I'll post it up later once I've finished on the custom gfx stuff.

Still hoping eventually it'll get a third option for even more icons on screen at once, as the highest amount of icons on-screen with 3 rows is still lower than what the Home Menu shows at its two highest display options. 3D support for the app currently selected would be pretty awesome, too (popout effect)
Do you mean you want four rows? That's possible I suppose, but I might need to adjust the gaps between them to get them to fit.

ignoredtitles doesnt work anymore?
You have to put it in /gridlauncher now, not in the root of the SD.

Reactions: VaiCorinthians

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First question, what exactly does ignored titles do? I know it causes them to not show up somehow but I never could make it work. Does it keep titles from loading in system title grid?

Second Question, what are the ignored title ID's for System Settings, micro sd transfer, ???(system transfer), mii plaza, basically any stock system title

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please @mashers when you have the time check out my previous post. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebrew-launcher-with-grid-layout.397527/page-80#post-5749504 I think you missed it :P The new update is awesome!
Sorry buddy, I didn't see it!

Everything is working flawless now. I like what you did with the settings :yay:
Thanks pal, glad it's sorted and that you like the new settings pages :)

Could you add a option/feature to randomize the selected theme each time we reboot or quit from an app back to the launcher so it randomly changes the theme to another one from the themes folder?
Definitely. I thought it was already on the todo list, but I'll add it now.

Also now folders only take like one second to load up which is great but in that second the bottom screen freezes. Would you be able to make a Loading apps or just Loading screen similar to the loading titles screen? It would be just another small little touch.
I'm still hoping to implement page-by-page loading which will hopefully reduce the loading time so much that there will be no delay. But in the interim I agree, a loading page is needed. I'll add that to the todo list as well.

Thanks for always finding a way of improving this awesome launcher.
And thank you for always being so enthusiastic about it - it really does help :)

First question, what exactly does ignored titles do? I know it causes them to not show up somehow but I never could make it work. Does it keep titles from loading in system title grid?
That's exactly what it does. The file needs to be in /gridlauncher, and you need to put the correct title IDs in the file. The ones that are in the now are just examples. To get the title ID, boot the title and then look at bootlog.txt on the root of the SD card.

Second Question, what are the ignored title ID's for System Settings, micro sd transfer, ???(system transfer), mii plaza, basically any stock system title
It depends on the region of your console. I think there's a database of all the title IDs somewhere which you could use. Alternatively just launch the title and check bootlog.txt. It doesn't matter if booting the title works or not as the ID is logged before the title boot is even attempted. So even if you get a black screen hang when booting the title, just power off your console and then check bootlog.txt. Then put the title ID into /gridlauncher/ignoredtitles.txt separated from the previous entry with a comma and it should then be excluded from the title menu.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I'll post it up later once I've finished on the custom gfx stuff.

Do you mean you want four rows? That's possible I suppose, but I might need to adjust the gaps between them to get them to fit.

Three rows with five icons. I suppose everyone has different requests in this area (like the guy who wants one row). Ideally there could just be a set of options for number of rows and number of icons on each row, with upper limits on both to prevent things from getting too crazy. That way it can just be customized to anyone's liking. But I understand it's a probably a lot of work (you said before resizing icons was problematic) and you've already done enough, so don't sweat it. Hopefully some people start making pull requests and start taking the load off you :grog:

Last edited by kiwiis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo