Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ok, sorry to be a nuisance but can you now switch back to MM Theme and see if the problem reoccurs? I just want to make sure we have a consistent understanding of the problem before I start investigating.
I just selected again the MM theme and then enabled region free loader and went to my favourites folder. I open an app and exited back. I still had the MM theme and the region free loader was still enabled. The only thing that did not saved was the current folder location again.
Here is the theme that starts the problems http://gbatemp.net/posts/5741467/
I only renamed it to MM Theme.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just selected again the MM theme and then enabled region free loader and went to my favourites folder. I open an app and exited back. I still had the MM theme and the region free loader was still enabled. The only thing that did not saved was the current folder location again.
Here is the theme that starts the problems http://gbatemp.net/posts/5741467/
I only renamed it to MM Theme.
Perfect! Thanks mate. I'm testing now to try and resolve this asap.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I've replicated the problem. Renamed one of my existing themes to "MM Theme". Then I switch to my "Emulators" folder, launch an app, return to grid launcher, and I'm back in my Tools folder. Thanks for the help replicating the problem. I can look into this now and figure out what's actually happening.

Reactions: JJTapia19

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have a strange problem, I don't know why but some homebrew don't show up in the HBL menu. (all homebrews are in the 3ds folder)
Some homebrew appear and some don't...
And sometimes, I just have to rename the hb folder to make it show up

What is the problem?

Shaker78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a strange problem, I don't know why but some homebrew don't show up in the HBL menu. (all homebrews are in the 3ds folder)
Some homebrew appear and some don't...
And sometimes, I just have to rename the hb folder to make it show up

The hb folder must have the same name as the *.3dsx and *.smdh or alternatively it could be named to boot.3dsx and the icon.smdh.

iPAH1EQ.png

Last edited by Shaker78,
Reactions: fiese_nase

AceAdrian15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with this launcher when using svdt. When I have both the cartridge and digital copy of a game (in this case, Pokemon Y), and I try to select the cartridge version of the game in the target selection menu, the launcher causes svdt to access the digital copy's save data instead. I think it's an issue with this launcher, because I have no issue with the regular launcher. I'm using the latest version, if that helps.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mashers downloaded beta 47 a few times now and getting the same very small problem every time. IF I go into help then about my version is showing as 45 not 47 not sure if your download link is for the old 45 and not 47 or it could be you just forgot to change the text to display 47.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having an issue with this launcher when using svdt. When I have both the cartridge and digital copy of a game (in this case, Pokemon Y), and I try to select the cartridge version of the game in the target selection menu, the launcher causes svdt to access the digital copy's save data instead. I think it's an issue with this launcher, because I have no issue with the regular launcher. I'm using the latest version, if that helps.
I don't have any games on cart and digital version I can test with, sorry. But I'll try to investigate if I can by comparing the code for each launcher.

@mashers downloaded beta 47 a few times now and getting the same very small problem every time. IF I go into help then about my version is showing as 45 not 47 not sure if your download link is for the old 45 and not 47 or it could be you just forgot to change the text to display 47.
I just forgot to change it in the help page. The version on the first post is beta 47.

Ok, just tested it with Suloku's launcher, same problem.
Then I guess the problem is either common to both launchers, or is with the hack itself.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone

I'll be looking into the theme/folder saving issue today. I'm also working on migrating the list of menu entries from a C linked list to a C array. The advantage of this is that I can add and access the menu entries in any order, meaning I can load them one page at a time. I have just finished rewriting all the parts of the original code which use the original linked list format so the menu entry data are added to, and accessed from, an array. Essentially this means that everything is as it was before this change. I'm thinking of uploading a beta in this current stage before moving forward to make sure things remain stable in this state before proceeding to further modify the title loading so it is done one page at a time.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i am still a wee bit confused. Does this mean it will run faster?
It's an alternative to the background title list loading. Instead of a background thread loading all of the titles, this method will load them one page at a time as and when they are needed.

I've just uploaded beta 48:
  • The D-Pad navigation setting is now saved along with the other settings
  • After using dpad button navigation on the folders or themes pages, the folders/themes grid would have no selection when returning to it. This is now fixed.
  • Changes the menu entry storage from a linked list to a C array. This means entries can be added in any order (not necessarily in sequence), which is a step towards page-by-page loading of menus

EDIT re. Beta 48
I would be really grateful if current users could install Beta 48 and try out as much menu-switching as possible. This means switching between folders, opening and closing the title menu, navigating through settings/help etc. I think everything is working ok storing the menus as arrays instead of linked lists, but I want to be sure. Beta 47 is still up just in case of problems.

EDIT 2 re. Beta 48
The array which stores the menu entries is currently limited to 32 entries (I had to specify something as the size of the array). This will change in a future beta as I realise it might not be enough for some users.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an alternative to the background title list loading. Instead of a background thread loading all of the titles, this method will load them one page at a time as and when they are needed.

I've just uploaded beta 48:
  • The D-Pad navigation setting is now saved along with the other settings
  • After using dpad button navigation on the folders or themes pages, the folders/themes grid would have no selection when returning to it. This is now fixed.
  • Changes the menu entry storage from a linked list to a C array. This means entries can be added in any order (not necessarily in sequence), which is a step towards page-by-page loading of menus

EDIT re. Beta 48
I would be really grateful if current users could install Beta 48 and try out as much menu-switching as possible. This means switching between folders, opening and closing the title menu, navigating through settings/help etc. I think everything is working ok storing the menus as arrays instead of linked lists, but I want to be sure. Beta 47 is still up just in case of problems.

EDIT 2 re. Beta 48
The array which stores the menu entries is currently limited to 32 entries (I had to specify something as the size of the array). This will change in a future beta as I realise it might not be enough for some users.
I'll try as soon as i am done my lab :/

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
@mashers Tested the Beta 48 build and there is a bug that crashes your 3DS. Basically after you load HBL and go to the second page, it only shows four apps. If you try to go down on the second page to the empty squares, it crashes the system.

EDIT: Loading takes longer as well at boot. What I mentioned above was with 3 rows enabled and I had 3 pages of apps.

Last edited by HenryLeonheart,
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using the preload tiles?
I get the same result with it switched on or off have went back to beta 47 and CTRXplorer is working again fine. Edit I am having problems with all homebrew on page 2 on beta 48 all other pages are loading fine.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up0HiH4yCYw