[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

thebigboss1206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Robz8,
I successfully installed cfw Hiya v1.3.2 on my EU dsi 1.4.5 (thanks to the Lenny's ugopwn exploit EU porting). You really did an awesome job, but I have a little problem now: the DSI WARE games installation. I followed the installation guide with TWlis Build 3, the .tia to .app conversion method too, and any of the already existing guide on the web... but the only way I found was to copy/paste to the 'title/00030004/XXXXXXX/' folder in SD card root only a few of the already existing decrypted DSIWAREs googled on the googled MEGA links...
Now, the answer is simple: I want to play Zelda four sword anniversary DSIWARE. I got the .tia, the .nds and the .app version. Which one is better? How do I decrypt/install it on Hiya? Can you write a simple guide on which steps do I have to follow?
Thank you so much!

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just before I go out and buy a second DSi (probably XL), there's absolutely nothing, besides a hardmod, to do if I don't have Flipnote installed on my DSi, right? There's no way I could ever install this CFW without that entrypoint, if I'm not mistaken, right?

If that's the case, do all DSi XLs come with Flipnote pre-installed?
I believe that's the case, unless you were to get a flashcart of some kind. Other hacks like 4Swords make the DSi incompatible with Unlaunch, as far as I know.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that's the case, unless you were to get a flashcart of some kind. Other hacks like 4Swords make the DSi incompatible with Unlaunch, as far as I know.

If you don't have flipnote, you're out of cfw.

I already have quite a few flashcards, but I don't know why my DSi has some trouble recognizing them. My Acekard 2i doesn't really show up (although it sometimes doesn't show up on my N3DS either) and my TTDS comes up with a white icon. Honestly, getting into DSi CFW was more of a "because I can" scenario than an actual necessity. I don't know if I can justify spending around €50 on a used DSi XL just to get CFW... for stuff I can already do with what I have :P

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I already have quite a few flashcards, but I don't know why my DSi has some trouble recognizing them. My Acekard 2i doesn't really show up (although it sometimes doesn't show up on my N3DS either) and my TTDS comes up with a white icon. Honestly, getting into DSi CFW was more of a "because I can" scenario than an actual necessity. I don't know if I can justify spending around €50 on a used DSi XL just to get CFW... for stuff I can already do with what I have :P
Well yeah, I don't this would be very useful if you already have 3DS hax, unless you just really want all of your stuff hacked ;)

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need Flipnote. I think only all American DSi XLs had Flipnote, and I once got one that didn't even have it.

edit: a bunch of posts suddenly appeared after the one this was referring to, idk why they didn't show earlier

Faran Maqsood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Successfully installed Hiya cfw on a 1.4.5E DSi XL.

Also have DSiware backups successfully running on it.

I've looked around at all the guides available that I could find but couldn't find the answer to a question I had. I currently install dsiware by copying the title to '00030004' folder in the 'title' folder, but that places the game in the internal memory which is about 900 blocks and fills really quickly. Is there a way to increase the sdnand size so I can have more than 12 dsiware games installed at a single time?

Also if anyone can link me to a twlit build 3 or a guide containing the build that can install .tia files that would be greatly appreciated.

malekmaroc7

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I have a question(s) regarding HiyaCFW (I didn't install it yet, so there may questions that hear stupid).

1. The Flipnote Lenny exploit has been released (EUR/JAP version). Is it possible to install HiyaCFW on the EUR/JAP DSi?

2. If there is an Update for HiyaCFW, can I install it over "System Update" in the System settings?

3. Can I switch back to the original Firmware again?

That's all. Thank you!

Thedanklol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question(s) regarding HiyaCFW (I didn't install it yet, so there may questions that hear stupid).

1. The Flipnote Lenny exploit has been released (EUR/JAP version). Is it possible to install HiyaCFW on the EUR/JAP DSi?

2. If there is an Update for HiyaCFW, can I install it over "System Update" in the System settings?

That's all. Thank you!

1.Yes i installed HiyaCFW on my Japanese DSi.

thebigboss1206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

That's all. Thank you!
1. yes
2. no, you have to copy & paste overwriting when a new hiya update is up on github
3. yes, there is a guide on dsi.guide.me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Successfully installed Hiya cfw on a 1.4.5E DSi XL.

Also have DSiware backups successfully running on it.

I've looked around at all the guides available that I could find but couldn't find the answer to a question I had. I currently install dsiware by copying the title to '00030004' folder in the 'title' folder, but that places the game in the internal memory which is about 900 blocks and fills really quickly. Is there a way to increase the sdnand size so I can have more than 12 dsiware games installed at a single time?

Also if anyone can link me to a twlit build 3 or a guide containing the build that can install .tia files that would be greatly appreciated.
here, inside this pack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w0tgqvhb3y5vpud/Pack+DSi+CFW.rar

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

*nope*

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty