Homebrew [Release] Handy 3DS - Atari Lynx Emulator

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm a n00b. But would it be possible to use the RetroArch VB and add danielps dynarec? Then it would perhaps run near fullspeed on the n3ds at least. .

I could be possible but not easy. And the dynarec version has compatibility problems. It's a WIP project.

Last edited by nop90,
Reactions: SLiV3R

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can help with a couple of suggestions:
Vectrex.

What a nice system. I made a basic port to test it.

In the zip you can find the Vex3S folder to be copied in the 3DS folder (or wherever you pot your homebrew) and the Vectrex folder to be cobied in the root. In the Vectrex folder there is the bios ro.dat that is free for non commercial use, like all the vertex roms. I hope that postig it is alloweb by forum rules.

In this early version: only default rom in bios (minefield), small resolution, about 3/4 speed, you have to turn off the 3ds to exit, no sound yet (needs fullspeed) and a weird flickering caused to use double buffering on a system built on a single video buffer.

In my free time I'll work on this too. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• Vex3DS 0.1.zip
    90.3 KB · Views: 304
Last edited by nop90,

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

In the zip you can find the Vex3S folder to be copied in the 3DS folder (or wherever you pot your homebrew) and the Vectrex folder to be cobied in the root. In the Vectrex folder there is the bios ro.dat that is free for non commercial use, like all the vertex roms. I hope that postig it is alloweb by forum rules.

In this early version: only default rom in bios (minefield), small resolution, about 3/4 speed, you have to turn off the 3ds to exit, no sound yet (needs fullspeed) and a weird flickering caused to use double buffering on a system built on a single video buffer.

Amazing.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country

Fantastic news! I have played on an original Vectrex. Really cool machine. I will try it :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@nop90

I think this Vex3S deserves a thread in its own!!!!

Reactions: SG6000

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You are right, Neo geo pocket is in RetroArch. Than I'll think to something else.
Game&Watch ;)
1 emu to use different G&W dumps (double and single screens)

[EDIT]
Yeah, Vectrex is also cool ;)
and give an option to use scanned overlay templates.
Just keep in mind that you will need to hold the 3DS like a book, cause vectex on 3DS screen in normal position would be awefully small if you use borders to keep the Vectrex screenresolution or using it streched would kill the experience.

- Anyway, whatever you do @nop90 if it's like your Handy emu, i'm sure we'll see a great product :)

[EDIT 2]
For the record, i do own 2 working Vectrex systems ;) it's one of the consoles a collector must have in his collection :D

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: SG6000 and SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Game&Watch ;)
1 emu to use different G&W dumps (double and single screens)

[EDIT]
Yeah, Vectrex is also cool ;)
and give an option to use scanned overlay templates.
Just keep in mind that you will need to hold the 3DS like a book, cause vectex on 3DS screen in normal position would be awefully small if you use borders to keep the Vectrex screenresolution or using it streched would kill the experience.

- Anyway, whatever you do @nop90 if it's like your Handy emu, i'm sure we'll see a great product :)

[EDIT 2]
For the record, i do own 2 working Vectrex systems ;) it's one of the consoles a collector must have in his collection :D

I was thinking about the Game & Watch stuff as well. It would be awesome to play those double screen games on the double screen 3ds :)

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to post a while ago, but thank you SO MUCH for this! (Atari Lynx Emulator). It's so great to be able to play games from my favorite handheld on my 2nd favorite handheld. The latest version(s) are running great on my n3DSXL. The only issue I have is the sound gets distorted every few minutes, but then corrects itself after a little while each time. I'm running the cia version, btw.

Again, I absolutely love this emulator. Thank you!

hofnarr

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just wanted to thank you so much for your work on this port! Now I can play my favorite handheld games on my favorite new handheld hardware. Version 1.1 runs great and the sounds/music is better than the (old)psp handy port, so this is now the best handheld port in my opinion (Because who wants to play with touch-screen on android or with some lousy bluetooth controller that wont pair up half of the time) :)

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh man, first time I see this post...
@nop90 Is this emu still on development?
Do you still need a Spanish translator who can help you translate the UI?
If so you can count on me

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh man, first time I see this post...
@nop90 Is this emu still on development?
Do you still need a Spanish translator who can help you translate the UI?
If so you can count on me
If you provide a spanish translation I'll add it.

But other developements are halted because I'm focusing om my main (i.e. payed) work and in my free time I can work on only a project (that is a new game for Retroguru, not a port but the first game developed by me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-