Homebrew [Release] Handy 3DS - Atari Lynx Emulator

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nederlands (Dutch)
I suppose some Dutch speaking ppl may correct some stuff, but i find it the most fitting ;)

Anyway, thanks for the update, using this emu from day 1 release, just to play Loderunner ;)

Thank you. I'll add it in the next minor release.

I was too lazy to implement external language files , but maybe this could be the next improvement (it's something I could reuse in other projecs).

Reactions: DjoeN

dude1709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
German - Deutsch:

Code:
char const *Handy_3DS_String_DE[] =
  {
     "Deutsch",
     "Bitte warten...",
     "PAUSE",
     "Drücke B zum verlassen",
     "Bildschirm berühren um Menü anzuzeigen",
     "Drücke B um zum Spiel zurückzukehren",
     "Drücke B um zum Hauptmenü zurückzukehren",
     "Drücke B um zum vorherigen Menü zurückzukehren",
     "Spiel laden",
     "Spielstand laden",
     "Spielstand speichern",
     "Spiel zurücksetzen",
     "Konfigurieren",
     "Beenden",
     "Bildschirmkonfiguration",
     "Sprache",
     "Ton",
     "FPS limitieren",
     "A/B Tasten tauschen",
     "Konfiguration speichern",
     "Bildschirmgröße",
     "Unteren Bildschirm anzeigen",
     "FPS anzeigen",
     "Hintergrund anzeigen",
     "Hintergrundfarbe",
     "1x",
     "2x",
     "Angepasst",
     "Gestreckt",
     "Ja",
     "Nein",
     "Schwarz",
     "Blau",
     "Grün",
     "Rot"
   };

Last edited by dude1709,

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very late to the party but this really is great!

I've only checked a couple of games using the .3dsx on my N3DS - Gates of Zendecon and Blue Lightning - and they seem to run pretty flawlessly. I love the skin / image customisation potential / options too, what a lovely bonus. This console was ahead of its time and had ridiculous specs - I'd expect there's some truly impressive homebrew waiting to be discovered, much like this port itself. Thank you.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very late to the party but this really is great!

I've only checked a couple of games using the .3dsx on my N3DS - Gates of Zendecon and Blue Lightning - and they seem to run pretty flawlessly. I love the skin / image customisation potential / options too, what a lovely bonus. This console was ahead of its time and had ridiculous specs - I'd expect there's some truly impressive homebrew waiting to be discovered, much like this port itself. Thank you.
Arrrrrrrghhhhhhhh you downloaded two games and none of the two were chip's challenge what's up with you lol not only is it the best game on Lynx by far it's one of the best handheld games ever :)

Reactions: duwen and SG6000

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I DID download Chips Challenge - and just had my first bash, going in blind.

You're quite right, it's a nice game. I got to stage 4 before hitting save and coming back on here. I just don't associate the Lynx with charming little puzzlers. Like many (I guess) I tend to think first of the Game Boy for this kind of thing. I think of all the colour and sprite scaling that was genuinely jaw dropping to see on a handheld - but I was only ever exposed to a handful of games, games which I'm prioritising checking out before exploring this consoles nether regions and titles I don't recognise from the 8/16-bit computers of the day.

Thanks for the nudge.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nederlands and Deutsch added.

The only problem is with German string "Unteren Bildschirm anzeigen" that is too log for 2 chars. @dude1709 is it possible to reduce it just a little?

Nederlans from @DjoeN is ok.

I think Ill add a welcome screen to be shown if there isn't any config file, to select language as first thing.

I'll release this version as soon as i fix this little things, hopeing to have for that time a spanish translation too.

Last edited by nop90,
Reactions: dude1709 and DjoeN

dude1709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@nop90: "Unteren Bildschirm anzeigen" = "Unteren Bildschirm zeigen" :)
Thank you so much for your work here!

Edit: I made a mistake - not:
"Drücke B um zum vorherigen Nenü zurückzukehren",
but:
"Drücke B um zum vorherigen Menü zurückzukehren",

Edit2: I tried Chip Challenge and yes, it's really addicting.

Last edited by dude1709,

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tonight I'll check the new languages and if the spacing is ok I'll release v1.1.1.

About Lynx games, I like only a couple of them: one is Chip's challenge but after about 100 levels it's becoming boring.

Now I'm waiting the release of Wyvern Tales.

Reactions: dude1709 and SLiV3R

dude1709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you have further problems with my german translation contact me anytime.
Chip's challenge: woah, level 100 :O I'm on the 5th or 6th level :rofl2:

Never heard of Wyvern Tales. Sounds interesting, i recently checked the site on AtariAge.
Hope the developer make it ready soon ( (C) Gateway... OMG).
Cheers :grog:

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Tonight I'll check the new languages and if the spacing is ok I'll release v1.1.1.

About Lynx games, I like only a couple of them: one is Chip's challenge but after about 100 levels it's becoming boring.

Now I'm waiting the release of Wyvern Tales.

As this emulator begins to be near perfect now. Are you thinking about porting any other emulator? Perhaps give Atari ST or Amiga some love? :D

Last edited by SLiV3R,

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
V1.1b with the new languages added in the OP.

As this emulator begins to be near perfect now. Are you thinking about porting any other emulator? Perhaps give Atari ST or Amiga some love? :D

I don't like pc emulators (that need a keyboard) on an handheld.

Probably now I'll work on the port of NeoPop (there is only a basic POC available for 3DS) and I would like to coplete z26 adding sound in the near future.

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
V1.1b with the new languages added in the OP.

I don't like pc emulators (that need a keyboard) on an handheld.

Probably now I'll work on the port of NeoPop (there is only a basic POC available for 3DS) and I would like to coplete z26 adding sound in the near future.

Nice! But I'm wondering about neopop. Isn't that neo geo pocket? Quite cool system indeed! But if I'm not mistaken, neo geo pocket is already fullspeed in RetroArch 3DS. But I could be wrong about this! Anyway, great work with the Atari Lynx emulator :)

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice! But I'm wondering about neopop. Isn't that neo geo pocket? Quite cool system indeed! But if I'm not mistaken, neo geo pocket is already fullspeed in RetroArch 3DS. But I could be wrong about this! Anyway, great work with the Atari Lynx emulator :)

You are right, Neo geo pocket is in RetroArch. Than I'll think to something else.

Reactions: SLiV3R

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neo geo pocket isn't fullspeed for O3DS users though and retroarch emulators don't get optimised to run on 3ds as a whole from what i read and neo geo pocket color should be full speed on both o3ds and n3ds. O3ds users are screwed.

Last edited by cvskid,
Reactions: Hector_of_Troy

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
You are right, Neo geo pocket is in RetroArch. Than I'll think to something else.

I can help with a couple of suggestions:

Virtual Boy. (There are already 2. But none of them will probably be finished. You could do it, you are dedicated! So perhaps continue and separate the RetroArch VB?

R-Zone - an unsuccessful VB lookalike. In 3D! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-Zone

GP32. Perhaps not possible. Just an crazy idea! :P

Vectrex.

Philips CD-i.

Atari Jaguar. Impossible?

3DO. Impossible?

Amiga CD32

PS1. Continue with aliaspider work.

Only a couple of suggestions that hasn't been done on the 3ds :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please no gba. We already have at least 4 ports. And perfect gba vc injection :)

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Virtual boy is my dream.

Long time ago I contacted @danielps to work on it's project (I already have an old compiled private version with a nice GUI) but it's impossible to reach 60FPS on o3ds.

danielps made a great work on dynarec, but the problem is the great amount on cpu needed for drawing a frame (virtualboy has strage tiled graphic format and a great use of affine transformation).

There is a possible way, one should use the GPU for alll the graphics functions, but it's a complex task. I don't have time and skills at the moment.

I'll check the other suggestions.

Reactions: SLiV3R

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Virtual boy is my dream.

Long time ago I contacted @danielps to work on it's project (I already have an old compiled private version with a nice GUI) but it's impossible to reach 60FPS on o3ds.

danielps made a great work on dynarec, but the problem is the great amount on cpu needed for drawing a frame (virtualboy has strage tiled graphic format and a great use of affine transformation).

There is a possible way, one should use the GPU for alll the graphics functions, but it's a complex task. I don't have time and skills at the moment.

I think that is what Blargsnes does to reach fullspeed on O3DS IIRC, very hard task indeed.

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Virtual boy is my dream.

I'm a n00b. But would it be possible to use the RetroArch VB and add danielps dynarec? Then it would perhaps run near fullspeed on the n3ds at least. .

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-