Homebrew [Release] Handy 3DS - Atari Lynx Emulator

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey nop90 great work with emulating the Lynx but got to ask why are you wasting your time doing a pokemini emulator the pokemini was rubbish and did not have one decent game your talents would be better on doing some other emulator maybe an Atari 2600 emulator would be good.

I do it for fun and to learn more on emulator internals. ... What I learn will be useful for Handy and for 2600.

I'm already studying the sources of z26 and t's not an easy task to make everything work at a decent speed without rewriting the whole emulator. So I have to proced by little steps.

Very slow, with some graphic problems, no savestate, no soud, but at least the emulation is fully working.

Preview:

z26_1.png
z26_2.png

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking good!
BTW did you see (recent posts in retroarch thread) it's now possible to use the n3ds's higher speed in a .cia? Just needs updated makerom and one line added to the .rsf

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
No thanks, next is Atari 2600 and then ... who knows.
Atari 2600!!!!

You would be a God in my books if you manage to make a full complete no lag emulator of the Atari 2600 :)

Wishing you all the luck man and you can do it I'll be looking for it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes that would be good I am surprised nobody has done a megadrive emulator yet
There is one for the Retroarch Port

Reactions: SLiV3R

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I could have found the problem that freezes the emulator, but I need some help to made some test.

Attached you can find a version of the emulator (3dsx format) that doesn't draw anything. Please try if this runs without crashing (load a game with a nice intro music and leave it run chacking that music doesn't stop).

If this doesn't crash, you'll have a stable final version in few days.

Attachments

• Handy3ds.zip
    802.2 KB · Views: 159

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I could have found the problem that freezes the emulator, but I need some help to made some test.

Attached you can find a version of the emulator (3dsx format) that doesn't draw anything. Please try if this runs without crashing (load a game with a nice intro music and leave it run chacking that music doesn't stop).

If this doesn't crash, you'll have a stable final version in few days.
I'll be on it as soon as I get home from work B-)

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
An hour is better the the average time (you used a n3ds, isn't it) but doesn't solve the problem.

I'll check if in the code there are other parts affected by the problem.

The new version should not be different from the one without top screen rendering.

Last edited by nop90,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues getting the Handy emulator to run. I've got a New 3DS XL running *hax 2.5. The emulator starts, but no games will. I just get the "INSERT GAME" message after loading a game. Any idea what's wrong and how this can be fixed? I've got lynxboot.img; maybe I don't have it in the right place. I dunno. Please help!

EDIT: I got it running, after downloading the BIOS elsewhere. Would love a speed increase and/or stability upgrade, though.

Last edited by ArugulaZ,

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues getting the Handy emulator to run. I've got a New 3DS XL running *hax 2.5. The emulator starts, but no games will. I just get the "INSERT GAME" message after loading a game. Any idea what's wrong and how this can be fixed? I've got lynxboot.img; maybe I don't have it in the right place. I dunno. Please help!

EDIT: I got it running, after downloading the BIOS elsewhere. Would love a speed increase and/or stability upgrade, though.
How did u get the insert game message? I can't even get that far. Blank screen for me. How do I get this to run? I got lynxboot.img and I'm using hax 2.5 on 10.2 n3ds.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
At the moment I have a lot of work for the ending of the fiscal year, so I can't work on my homebrew project. Maybe during Xmas holidays I could have more free time.

For the stability, I should check all the emulator code since I don't think anymore the problem is in ctrulib or sf2lib. I can't do it without the help of the community, so it's unlikely that will happen.

regarding more speed, I don't know why you should have problems on a n3ds. Give me more informations please.

How did u get the insert game message? I can't even get that far. Blank screen for me. How do I get this to run? I got lynxboot.img and I'm using hax 2.5 on 10.2 n3ds.

I have only an o3ds on 4.5 FW. In the OP there are the instructions to setup everything. If it doesn't work this way I'm sorry, but I can't help you. Try asking to other users using your FW and entrypoint. or you could try to fix the code yourself, it's on my github.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

CaptainN_DK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I've set up everything as it should. The Bios are there, the roms are in the correct folders, but when I try to load a game, it just hangs on the "Wait Please" text.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please pm me a link to one of your rom so i can test it.

In the meantime you could try to delete the config file inside the lynz folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +2