Switzerland
Last edited by pdapanda,
Reactions: Tigroid

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that means is that the devs will have to update their stuff. Just be patient and everything will be in working order again.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah this is a side-effect of the fact that hax 2.5 handles some stuff (APT) properly where 2.1 completely ignored it.

as stated in the tweet, all devs have to do is rebuild their app with latest master ctrulib and add osSetSpeedupEnable(true) to their initialization code. they can also toggle the speedup at any time with that same function. (people could make a battery-saver mode for example)

i tried to make sure people who worked on performance-critical stuff (so emulators for the most part) like endrift, aliaspider and staplebutter updated their stuff in time for 2.5, which i believe they did.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah this is a side-effect of the fact that hax 2.5 handles some stuff (APT) properly where 2.1 completely ignored it.

as stated in the tweet, all devs have to do is rebuild their app with latest master ctrulib and add osSetSpeedupEnable(true) to their initialization code. they can also toggle the speedup at any time with that same function. (people could make a battery-saver mode for example)

i tried to make sure people who worked on performance-critical stuff (so emulators for the most part) like endrift, aliaspider and staplebutter updated their stuff in time for 2.5, which i believe they did.
I had a short conversation with @daxtsu about Wifi Toggle (not working at the moment with Hax 2.5) future development. At the end, @daxtsu suggested me to ask you whether you can add WIFI auto turn off feature option into the payload for future Hax? https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wifi-toggle.400018/page-2#post-5760182

Would like to turn off Wifi on home menu to avoid accidentally hit update on Ironfall game. When in HBL turn it on to have access to Eshop. And whenever quit HBL, WIFI is auto turned off.

Last edited by tivu100,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To elaborate on that a bit more, I wasn't sure if that's even possible, but it certainly goes beyond what I as a simple user-land programmer can do, so if it was possible, it'd have to be in the payload/exploit.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
That was a good decision for ctrulib, imo. Sure, most of the homebrew happening right now is with emulators, but if we get to the point where they get optimized enough to not need the extra CPU boost, it would be nice not to push the system to do something it doesn't need, therefore saving on battery life.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm kind of curious. Does this mean that the RetroArch emulators haven't been set up to use the added boost yet, because they've already been getting better performance on New 3DS systems.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm kind of curious. Does this mean that the RetroArch emulators haven't been set up to use the added boost yet, because they've already been getting better performance on New 3DS systems.

I'm sure they were. It's only now that it's going to be optional rather than automatically enabled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)