Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (Private Beta Program)

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that should work :)

Use safea9lhinstaller from a9lh to flash the payload_stage1 and payload_stage2 that I provided in that link.

Also, thanks for your kind words, it means a lot :wub:

One last question, you helped me before to update my payloads to the no screen init to solve the odd (and different) screen behaviors I had on each of my units. Will flashing the new screen init payloads reintroduce that odd behavior?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
One last question, you helped me before to update my payloads to the no screen init to solve the odd (and different) screen behaviors I had on each of my units. Will flashing the new screen init payloads reintroduce that odd behavior?
Yes, it will. There is a way to use gateway's a9lh without screen-init, but I'm foggy on the details. Maybe @Temptress Cerise can help you, as I've seen her doing a lot of stuff for other people pertaining to this?

Reactions: Lush

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it will. There is a way to use gateway's a9lh without screen-init, but I'm foggy on the details. Maybe @Temptress Cerise can help you, as I've seen her doing a lot of stuff for other people pertaining to this?

Hi~ On my no-screen-init o3DS system, I am using BootCTR9 to boot into GW.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/page-200#post-6373015

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Hey there experts, i am trying to sort out my gateway+luma combo on my New3DS and I need some assistance.

I have the gateway payload set up to boot whilst holding the up button (named to up_gw.bin" and thrown in /luma/payloads) I am trying to use updated sysNAND mode (there is no emuNAND partition on my internal mSD card)

Is there a way to get Luma mode and Gateway mode to share the same sysNAND? For example, Luma and Gateway have both created their own home menu data respectively. And as a result, i now have two folders inside the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder.

Gateway and Luma act as two separate entities in sysNAND mode, if i change the theme in gateway mode, nothing changes inside Luma mode. Is there something i am doing wrong, or is this just the nature of how the CFW's work?

Apologies for my noobness in advance. Thank you :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this is a bad idea now that GW has released an arm9loaderhax.bin.
You're on crack. It's a good idea BECAUSE GW released their arm9loaderhax.bin. I built my own though, so I boot GW by holding A. Or by holding down, if I want to watch my boot animation :P (bootanim9->Luma3ds->GW)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
You're on crack. It's a good idea BECAUSE GW released their arm9loaderhax.bin. I built my own though, so I boot GW by holding A. Or by holding down, if I want to watch my boot animation :P (bootanim9->Luma3ds->GW)
No, the boot manager should not be done in a stage1 payload. That's a recipe for disaster.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For advance users, I don't see why not, especially since they wouldn't be asking for a method, they would just know. For noobs, it's best they just use a boot manager, and not mess around with those files.

Even liomajor's thread on it says. "A hardwaremod is highly recommended - use at own RISK!" - That's not exactly a good sign for noobs.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's still an unnecessary unusual setup. what benefits does it bring you over using a boot manager and a standard arm9loaderhax?
My current setup works for everything I use. Dunno if it was fixed, but I initially read that Decrypt9WIP, for one, was having issues with CTRB9. I can also choose to load GW with or without a boot animation since holding A (for me... I rolled my own stage1) boots it directly, while holding down boots bootanim9, which automatically loads Luma3ds. And this method doesn't require extra config files on my card. There are enough files cluttering it up as it is. I simply rename GW's payload to \luma\payloads\down_GW.bin.

I'll just end by saying this: Both are good choices. There is nothing really wrong with either (unless there are still issues with decrypt9). The only wrong choice is the actual GW a9lh installer.

Last edited by urherenow,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It doesn't really matter, i guess. I understand the logic of wanting to keep the A9LH payloads as clean as possible.

I kinda view it the other way - I like to remove unnecessary steps and chaining of payloads by simply keeping the payload management in the firm. But eh, whatever works.

lidolinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there experts, i am trying to sort out my gateway+luma combo on my New3DS and I need some assistance.

I have the gateway payload set up to boot whilst holding the up button (named to up_gw.bin" and thrown in /luma/payloads) I am trying to use updated sysNAND mode (there is no emuNAND partition on my internal mSD card)

Is there a way to get Luma mode and Gateway mode to share the same sysNAND? For example, Luma and Gateway have both created their own home menu data respectively. And as a result, i now have two folders inside the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder.

Gateway and Luma act as two separate entities in sysNAND mode, if i change the theme in gateway mode, nothing changes inside Luma mode. Is there something i am doing wrong, or is this just the nature of how the CFW's work?

Apologies for my noobness in advance. Thank you :)
I'm not sure why that happens to you and I'm no expert at this. But I can confirm that my Luma + GW.bin works under the same profile in sysNand mode. If I install cia in Luma, it will also appear in Gateway and vice versa. I'm not sure what I did, but I went through Plailect Guide setting up a9lh with a fresh SD card, then I just drop the GW.bin in the payloads folder. Hopefully it works out for you also.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I'm not sure why that happens to you and I'm no expert at this. But I can confirm that my Luma + GW.bin works under the same profile in sysNand mode. If I install cia in Luma, it will also appear in Gateway and vice versa. I'm not sure what I did, but I went through Plailect Guide setting up a9lh with a fresh SD card, then I just drop the GW.bin in the payloads folder. Hopefully it works out for you also.

Thanks for the reply, i already got the problem sorted out in the other thread :)

The problem was i didn't format my SD card in emuNAND9 to properly delete the partition, so gateway registered there was still an emuNAND. This was due to me already having retrieved my OTP.bin a while ago, so i cut a lot of corners on the Plailect guide :)

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very lost with this...not sure what to do after
GATEWAY 3DS based entrypoint:
  • Boot into GATEWAY 3DS sysNAND mode (Force GW Menu by holding down L during boot, hold B while pressing A to boot)
Don't understand what it's reffering to after that

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, just want to ask, how did you manage to boot GW using luma3ds...

my set up is this...
-n3ds/sys&emu 11.0 using luma3ds/ no screeninit...
-gateway's arm9loaderhax.bin renamed to up_GW.bin and placed on sd:/luma/payloads folder
-moved gateway files on root: boot.3dsx and launcher.dat
-inserted red gateway card on 3ds
-rebooted 3ds while holding up
-just blackscreen

Last edited by noctis90210,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, just want to ask, how did you manage to boot GW using luma3ds...

my set up is this...
-n3ds/sys&emu 11.0 using luma3ds/ no screeninit...
-gateway's arm9loaderhax.bin renamed to up_GW.bin and placed on sd:/luma/payloads folder
-moved gateway files on root: boot.3dsx and launcher.dat
-inserted red gateway card on 3ds
-rebooted 3ds while holding up
-just blackscreen
You need Screen Init A9LH or use BootCTR, which has built-in screen init IIRC.

Reactions: noctis90210

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9