[RELEASE] GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (Private Beta Program)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Traiver, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Traiver
    OP

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    banner_top.png

Three Stage 2 (by liomajor)

"This will install delebile's a9lh to your nand to allow three stages without bootmanager
    to start three different arm9loaderhax.bin from different folders. You can use this to
    boot gateway's arm9loaderhax.bin or change the offered source to your own desire."

GATEWAY 4.0B PRIVATE BETA #2

We had a tremendous amount of feedback from our beta testers! We have been working hard on processing all feedback and to bring you a shiny new private beta that will blow everyone away. We are the only ones to present you the best, safest and user-friendliest way out there to install the GATEWAY FAST BOOT method also known as A9LH.
    Due to the high demand for our beta we have decided to be more open with our private betas! You can find our new private beta on our new BETA PROGRAM page !
    UPDATE: Due to popular demand we implemented a "armloader9hax.bin" file that can be used with existing (non-GW) A9LH installs.

Private Beta Program

DISCLAIMER: Files on this page should be treated with extreme care and only used by advanced users who have access to a way to restore their 3DS NAND. Users should have a valid/known good copy of their NAND before proceeding! Use at your own risk!

Any issues identified with these BETA builds can be reported directly to: support@gateway-3ds.com

» Pre Setup

• Copy the contents of the “Console SD” folder on to root of your consoles SD card.
    • Copy the contents of the “Red Card uSD” folder on to root of your GW Red Card uSD.
    » How to setup (O3DS):

• Make sure you have WiFi configured and working.
    • GATEWAY 3DS based entrypoint:
      • Boot into GATEWAY 3DS sysNAND mode (Force GW Menu by holding down L during boot, hold B while pressing A to boot)
      • Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
    • Homebrew based entrypoint:
      • Boot GW_TIMEMACHINE.3DSX using your favourite homebrew entrypoint
      • In the GATEWAY Time Machine menu select the 2.x downgrade
    • Delete/rename the “Nintendo 3DS” folder on your console’s SD card.
    • Boot your O3DS into 2.x
    • Open up the web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
    • After a short wait, the GATEWAY Menu should appear, go into the A9LH Installer
    • A9LH will be installed & sysNAND will be restored from NAND.bin
    • Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your O3DS!
    » How to setup (N3DS):

• Boot into GATEWAY 3DS menu using your favorite entrypoint
    • Pick the format emuNAND option from the menu (if you don’t have a working emuNAND setup yet)
    • Boot into GATEWAY (emuNAND) mode
    • Make sure you have WiFi configured and working correctly
    • Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine
    • Launch GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
    • Boot back into GATEWAY 3DS menu after rebooting
    • Select A9LH Installer menu option, follow instructions on screen
    • Boot your N3DS into 2.x (if console doesn’t boot make sure ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder has been renamed)
    • Open up web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
    • Go to A9LH Installer menu option again, follow instructions on screen until congratulations message appears.
    • Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your N3DS!
    » GATEWAY 4.0 BETA CHANGELOG (2016/06/01)

• Time Machine compatibility and stability fixes
    • GATEWAY Menu compatibility and stability fixes
    • Rename ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder to 3DS_BAK (N3DS)
    • Add warning/nag screen when A9LH user tries to boot into sysNAND (to prevent accidentical sysNAND updates)
    • Time Machine won’t allow 9.x to 2.x downgrade on O3DS (Must upgrade to 10.x first, then go down to 2.x)
    • OTP.bin is now detected when entering A9LH install and offers a way to re-install A9LH (without the nand restore step)
    • Users who have an old browser (non A9LH related entrypoint) and were getting served the wrong payload can now use:http://go.gateway-3ds.com/old/
    • Forced restore of emuNAND for N3DS and sysNAND for O3DS+N3DS prior to A9 install finalization.

» FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: My console is not booting into 2.x
      A: Try ejecting your SD card, if this helps, rename/delete the ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder and try again.

Q: Can you provide a BIN file that is compatible with my existing A9LH (non-GW) setup?
      A: We’re working on a solution for this.

Last edited by Traiver, Jun 2, 2016
  2. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    UPDATE: Due to popular demand we implemented a ‘arm9loaderhax.bin‘ file that can be used with existing (non-GW) A9LH installs.

Last edited by artur3004, Jun 2, 2016
    NutymcNuty likes this.
  3. Traiver
    OP

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    -Snip-

Last edited by Traiver, Jun 2, 2016
    XRaidersP likes this.
  4. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    "Private Beta Program"
    Freely available for anyone to download on the site.
    "That's not how it works."

5. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    a arm9loaderhax.bin don't contain any copyright protected code

6. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Oh yeah! Now I just gotta get to set up my boot manager and I'll be dual booting Luma and gateway. Finally!

7. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Do i need an actual gateway card if i a i am on emunand REINAND 11, and want to just use this for an easy solution to downgrade and install A9LH with latest sysnand?

8. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    How do I boot the provided bin file anyways? I just copy/pasted, and nothing, not even wi8th the red card installed. I may be doing something wrong, I figure it'd be just that easy.

9. Yudowat

Yudowat That one guy that shows up occasionally

Jun 12, 2015
    Australia
    I'd definitely use this with my Gateway if I didn't just get a new SD card for more CIA's. Thanks!

10. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    Lol, gateway went full on dyslexic, think you got it the wrong way around buddy. Come on people, where are the brick jokes.

11. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    eh... sounds tempting, but i'm fine loading from the ds profile exploit. it's safe and comfortable.

good to see the card progressing, though.

Fabio_figo71, joby419 and porkiewpyne like this.
  12. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    I dont own one. But arm9loaderhax.bin.:yay:

13. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Immm gonna wait and see what goes on here because tbh I dont trust gw very much xD

14. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    After all the smack talk I posted in various threads on this forum, I apologize to the Gateway Team. I became agitated due to the delays from the March 29th announce to the actual arm9loaderhax.bin release. I am glad my prediction of middle of June for the release was incorrect. Although I am still bothered by how they handled getting to this release (various updates which caused nothing but havoc here at GBATemp), I sincerely apologize to it's team members and hope future releases (if any), use better judgement regarding the release of hype info long before a actual release in near. If they announce nothing a just release and update it will be taken with much less scrutiny than updating the site, and practically going into hibernation for a month and a half when the community honestly assumed the release was near. I say these things despite not having tested the newly released arm9loaderhax.bin.

Temarile and cearp like this.
  15. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.14.1-2-zen
    The provided arm9loaderhax.bin when renamed to x_Gateway.bin does not work with the current Luma3DS chainloader.

16. Rasa39

Rasa39 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2015
    Why did they add a "nag screen" when loading in sysnand? It's a9lh so updating isn't a threat anymore right?
    Or are they suggesting an update might break the gw menu and we'd have to wait until it was fixed (like the situation was with emunands)?

17. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    Doesn't sound very "private."

18. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I'll give them some credit for releasing a community-compatible A9LH.bin. Hopefully their next step will be to make their A9LH compatible with other tools like Decrypt9 and such so Gateway A9LH users can have the same brick recovery tools regular users do.

Hking0036 likes this.
  19. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    It works, you still need the Launcher.dat though on the root of your SD Card.

To avoid the nag screen, use 3.7.1 or 4.0a Launcher.dat. Using 4.0a just fine.

20. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    I feel a "Did the gw a9lh installer brick your 3ds?" Thread poll coming up.