• Replies 574
  • Likes 11

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My plan:
Sign up for GameFly and rent games like bravely default where it online is used but not much.
In bravely default online is used only to update data from other player and it only takes a couple of seconds to do.
The possibility of two consoles going online together is very low but STILL POSSIBLE.
Maybe I will try in the far far future, MAYBE

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, saves can be restored from retail releases, but this does not apply to nand saving games like pokemon right? I have a few boxes of pokemon I want to transfer from my pokemon black retail cart but its gonna be such as drag getting it all into a dumped x rom.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just to be clear, saves can be restored from retail releases, but this does not apply to nand saving games like pokemon right? I have a few boxes of pokemon I want to transfer from my pokemon black retail cart but its gonna be such as drag getting it all into a dumped x rom.
only if the game was played in emunand, if played on a retail console the save won't work

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know what happens after you update a rom via eshop that has a modified header (potentially a 4gb header for a smaller size game).

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
They're implying that you should dump your own game data. Which requires you to have a retail copy of the game.
Gateway is not intended as a piracy device, but a backup device. They don't condone piracy, but allow it if desired.
Just a question. How are we expected to dump our own game data if we don't have the information or tools to do so? So far it seems they are not publicly released.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question. How are we expected to dump our own game data if we don't have the information or tools to do so? So far it seems they are not publicly released.
The tools are built into the Gateway menu. Insert retail cart, select backup cart, and it dumps the ROM. They also have added the option to do the same thing with saves now too.

Reactions: AriaofMarina

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The tools are built into the Gateway menu. Insert retail cart, select backup cart, and it dumps the ROM. They also have added the option to do the same thing with saves now too.
Great, thanks for the information, at least now I know I can backup my retail cartridges too.
I don't see it useful for now since I don't need to play some games while my friend borrows them. Powersaves device is enough for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1