Homebrew Development

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by aliak11, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    I'm fairly certain that's because .cia support will result in GW flash cart being redundant.

If I was GW, I'll instead work on a tool to convert .cia files to 3ds format to be used with GW.

Idaho likes this.
  2. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Actually, the ctrulib has been public for some time now, as well as the Yeti3ds source code. So to say smea has done nothing is a huge understatement. The problem right now is still the same, no one is writing advanced home brew yet cause the people who ARE publicly releasing things have only just recently made switching to ARM11 public, and have been making good progress from there.

3. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Nah, I probably didn't make myself clear. I meant it that smea has released nothing to enable the running of unsigned code (aka homebrew) on 4.x consoles. He's done great work on creating toolchains and whatnots for homebrew development but nothing of the sort to run said homebrew.

4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    So of all the GB emulators and GBC emulators that there are, do none of them have saving support yet?

5. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Not yet.

6. ernilos

ernilos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2013
    United States
    CAT
    There's no public tool for creating NCSD or NCCH files easily? I really want start coding with all ARM11 SVC *¬*

7. TheCruel

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Makerom

8. ernilos

ernilos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2013
    United States
    CAT
  9. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Awesome, are there any restrictions ?

10. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Same as a retail cart according to 3dbrew devs.
    You have to have a GW too, of course.

11. untok

untok GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    Finland
    makerom how to convert cia cxi to.3ds dont understand how to get that format .3ds :blink:

12. TheCruel

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    Use "makerom -f cci"

If I'm not mistaken, you can just change the .cci extension to .3ds since CCI is essential the ROM image.

13. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I was actually gonna ask, but I really like your fcram dumper, however, it's painstakingly slow (Half an hour is nuts, as I know some people have fcram dumpers that take less than 10 seconds). Do you plan to update it and make it any faster?

Also, I'm in the process of learning C, so I'd like to try setting up a homebrew kit and start with some code porting (and some poking around with my 3DS), however, I can't find any solid information on setting up for homebrew development. Is there a startup guide somewhere? I currently have Python installed, as I know that's a prerequisite, but other than that, I'm at a complete loss right now.

14. williamcesar2

williamcesar2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    New York City
    are these ''good hackers'' helping GW ''the masters of the piracy'' ? Now I understand the reason why they don't release 4.x.x CFW, because it will be a risk for sales :evil:

15. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    No, they're against GW. GW's just using their open-sourced code and other programs, while crediting them for their works.

16. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The

With GW's Homebrew support you could easily make one that dumps the fcram in 30 seconds or so :)

17. 3DSGuy
    This message by 3DSGuy has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 23, 2014, Reason: Contains copyrighted code and is not allowed to be distributed on GBAtemp.net.
    May 10, 2014
  18. gamesquest1
    This message by gamesquest1 has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 23, 2014, Reason: Contains copyrighted code and is not allowed to be distributed on GBAtemp.net.
    May 10, 2014
  19. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The

I dont know his reasons but you could argue that the interesting part is over :)

20. jocopoco

jocopoco Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2014
    Please use a normal http server :(

21. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah true true i suppose when most of the work was to do with building up info on file formats, and making tools needed to build up homebrew, i suppose he my just be thinkin "my work here is done :P" but still its always nice to have experts around :P

22. williamcesar2

williamcesar2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    New York City
    if not for the gateway team(''homebrew for all'') everybody would be hidding the files yet !