• Likes 11

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
answer is yes; why else would I post it in the gateay thread.

can decrypt any x/y (gateway/retail, not digital), which can then be transplanted to a gateway save and run ~ so long as the aesmac sig check is patched to return valid every time.
once the aesmac check is patched, and the save is loaded, and then saved, is the patch still needed?
once it is patched, would this let us run our retail save on our gateway? (since at the moment, gateway cannot handle the correct save encryption. right?)
would gateway patching the aesmac check let us use saves from any cart on any game, since at the moment they are tied to specific carts.
thanks, i appreciate it

Have you ever looked at the app uploaded by 3ds guy? It's the dev app with a new icon.
oh haha, no i didn't, ok thanks :)

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, they banned people from Mario Kart Wii if they thought they were cheating.

Nintendo won't care about banning someone who bought your second hand cart if you continue playing the game online on a gateway. They'll just put out a warning telling people to not buy second hand carts.

Nintendo will probably only ban those who use the dump instead of the real cart and that is only possible if they are 100% sure that it is not a real cart.
People will complain if they get banned for playing online with a rented game(used by other for dumping) from a gameshop or 2nd hand game(used by other for dumping).

But it is safe to stay away from this for now, unless you have cash to burn (for lawers).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Drama queen I doubt Nintendo will go hunting people down with lawyers they would have to have money to burn as I'm pretty sure most people they go after wouldn't even have the money to cover Nintendo's legal fees for even finding them never mind and compensation On top XD

Reactions: reece71079

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Drama queen I doubt Nintendo will go hunting people down with lawyers they would have to have money to burn as I'm pretty sure most people they go after wouldn't even have the money to cover Nintendo's legal fees for even finding them never mind and compensation On top XD

Yeah man, too true, "Nintendo I'm using a 3DS online with a scene dump, SUE ME!!! No, well suck it up!"

I was joking Nintendo, I don't really want to be sued and I'm not using any sort of flashcard on my 3DS it is strictly retail carts only for me! :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo has previously gone after individual users. I remember a case in which a GBATemp user leaked a Wii game, I believe it was New Super Mario Bros., Nintendo caught wind of it and... a massive legal fee followed. I can't quite recall the nick, but I'm pretty sure that actually happened.

Reactions: gamefan5

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo has previously gone after individual users. I remember a case in which a GBATemp user leaked a Wii game, I believe it was New Super Mario Bros., Nintendo caught wind of it and... a massive legal fee followed. I can't quite recall the nick, but I'm pretty sure that actually happened.

Actually I have just thought, if everyone is posting there friend codes up, is it not quite easy for Nintendo to find the culprit out?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually I have just thought, if everyone is posting there friend codes up, is it not quite easy for Nintendo to find the culprit out?
*Shrugs* A Friend Code isn't exactly an IP - it's tied to a system, but who owns that system is still a mystery so the helpfulness of that is limited.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

yeah 'cause it was LEAK
if it wasn't leak lawyers wouldn't react as much

But let's save the piracy crap for another time

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yeah 'cause it was LEAK
if it wasn't leak lawyers wouldn't react as much

But let's save the piracy crap for another time
Why not? Leak or otherwise, sharing copyrighted content is illegal. For all intents and purposes, Nintendo could go after you if you shared an NES game - it doesn't matter.

Reactions: gamefan5

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why not? Leak or otherwise, sharing copyrighted content is illegal. For all intents and purposes, Nintendo could go after you if you shared an NES game - it doesn't matter.
yeah but there is a difference between making an example where the source is easily identified than say with 1000 people on a torrent sire, at that point it too many people to aim at and no real idea who instigated it, if it was as simple as throwing lawyers at everyone who downloads a game piracy would be dead, the key difference is distribution VS obtaining

users are too far down the chain to have any effect if they do find them, but if they manage to find the person who is dumping and leaking the games before release they will go for that person to send a message to anyone considering leaking games early online, age old cut off the head and the body will die.......or find a new head :P

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can imagine a system where you connect to a homebrew community server and it lets you 'check out' on online cart code (from a user supplied database) and you play with that until your done with your session. After you are done, the code becomes available for another user to check out. Probably wouldn't work, just thinking out loud. :P

"uhh Boss. come check his out. it seems these hand full of games are being log in one at a time all over the world. 20 mins ago it was in the us and then japan and now its currently logged in in russia"

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Foxi4 don't mislead users, 2.1 and 2.2 still have the bricking code ;)
It just won't trigger by mistake as easily.
There is in-menu bricking code as well as an in-firm check that has not been confirmed to trigger bricking code (but likely does as it's already known that the brick code still exists). Ask ichichfly, or read some of his previous posts. Other people have confirmed it as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM