• no other

Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and at the moment this is only possible if he installed the newest nver.
But please note down the current system version to reinstall your current nver version, after there is a better solution.
I'm trying to create a act patch, but its hard to read a assembly in this size, especially because its my first time doing this. But I think I'm near finding the point where the request header including the system version is created. After this I could replace the instructions to send a newer nver version to the server.
but like I said, it's my first time looking for more than a defined return value(it was easy to find inside of the hex).

Okay, nice. Note what version my nver is before I install the newest version. Smart idea. No wonder I didn't think of it, lol. Glad I haven't done anything yet. Thanks for the advice! Perfect timing as I'm working on it tonight.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and at the moment this is only possible if he installed the newest nver.
But please note down the current system version to reinstall your current nver version, after there is a better solution.
I'm trying to create a act patch, but its hard to read a assembly in this size, especially because its my first time doing this. But I think I'm near finding the point where the request header including the system version is created. After this I could replace the instructions to send a newer nver version to the server.
but like I said, it's my first time looking for more than a defined return value(it was easy to find inside of the hex).

It may (or may not, idk) help you to note that the firmware check that is causing problems is not being done by the eshop, but rather by the part of the system that handles NNID sign in.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone tell me the new menu features of 0.6B are for?

ignoreDeviceType
ignoreDeviceTypeCollection
ignoreFirmware
ignoreFirmwareCollection
ignoreKernel
ignoreKernelCollection
ignoreRegion
ignoreRegionCollection

what are the collections for?

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can someone tell me the new menu features of 0.6B are for?

ignoreDeviceType
ignoreDeviceTypeCollection
ignoreFirmware
ignoreFirmwareCollection
ignoreKernel
ignoreKernelCollection
ignoreRegion
ignoreRegionCollection

what are the collections for?
Since 0.6 its possible to load patch files and collections. A Patch Collection simply holds multiple patches that could be configured all in one.
Inside of patches and collections the creator could define the compatibility, which will be checked by the patcher. If a Patch defines a maximum compatibility it could be possible that a patch that is not being updated wont be applied on a newer firmware. This patch could still work on a newer firmware, so the user could disable these checks. At the moment this will apply for all the default patches that will be created while running the freeMultiPatcher. With the next release I will split the patch creation and the freeMultiPatcher, which will allow me to Update the patches and the patcher separately form each other.

Reactions: peteruk

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since 0.6 its possible to load patch files and collections. A Patch Collection simply holds multiple patches that could be configured all in one.
Inside of patches and collections the creator could define the compatibility, which will be checked by the patcher. If a Patch defines a maximum compatibility it could be possible that a patch that is not being updated wont be applied on a newer firmware. This patch could still work on a newer firmware, so the user could disable these checks. At the moment this will apply for all the default patches that will be created while running the freeMultiPatcher. With the next release I will split the patch creation and the freeMultiPatcher, which will allow me to Update the patches and the patcher separately form each other.

since i'm running defaults on an n3DS on 9.4 right now, should i just be turning on everything but the collections? or are there collections on defaults that needed to be turned on to spoof?

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
since i'm running defaults on an n3DS on 9.4 right now, should i just be turning on everything but the collections? or are there collections on defaults that needed to be turned on to spoof?
The collection allows you to use gamecards and cias from an other region, for the spoof only the eshop spoof is needed.

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Were you able to find a way around the NVer check?
haven't had much time in the last time to check for it. In theory it should be possible, but somebody needs to create a patch for the act module. I think I am near creating a patch, but i need to replace instructions in arm to send an other nver version. also I dont know if I'm realy checking the right possition, but I think it is.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,
Reactions: peteruk and daxtsu

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newest version works fine on n3ds

12309250_895862310482998_654317590_n.jpg

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my third Beta Release

It now contains an in app updater and the default patches max versions are maximized.
The full changelog is available on Github

Having a hard time making sense of the change log, so what exactly is working with FMP now? From what I can gather it sounds like you got it to bypass the new version check done when signing into NNID, but we will still need to use HANS or the updated Tiger to access the new URLs. That sound about right?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh what? how are you on 10.3 N3DS and running homebrew??
He is on "10.3" Emunand.

He is running what is known as a "Frankenstein" firmware on his emunand. Someone went and figured out exactly what titles from the latest firmware can be installed on a N3DS emunand without bricking it (the black screen that occurs when you install the 9.6 FIRM to emunand on a N3DS) and posted a thread with the list. It is strongly suggested that you NOT do this because there is no telling exactly how a new title will interact with an old one that it was not intended to run alongside of.

At the very least he has the latest CVer and NVer installed as those are the files contain the "system version" that is read by System Settings and programs like FMP. CVer is the "10.3.0" part and NVer is the "-28" part.

Considering the current development goal of FMP is to allow access to network features without having to install the newest NVer, it does very little good for him to report that it "works" as he can't properly test the new feature when his system already reports to the NNID login server that it has the latest NVer installed.

Reactions: Zidapi

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He is on "10.3" Emunand.

He is running what is known as a "Frankenstein" firmware on his emunand. Someone went and figured out exactly what titles from the latest firmware can be installed on a N3DS emunand without bricking it (the black screen that occurs when you install the 9.6 FIRM to emunand on a N3DS) and posted a thread with the list. It is strongly suggested that you NOT do this because there is no telling exactly how a new title will interact with an old one that it was not intended to run alongside of.

i never knew of frankenstein emunands before this screenshot. good to know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning