[Release] FBI - Open source CIA installer

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Steveice10, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Black_Knight

Black_Knight Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Well you can transfer the special miis back to the mii plaza. Plus it's not like you can re-hire special miis. It's more of a matter of having a collection of them.

Nintendo reformatted my 3DS when they lost my SD card when I sent it in for repairs. I have a back up of my SD card data, but the system refused to read my Mii data (or it sort of does because the preview screen for Mii Maker shows my old miis, but when I open the channel, it deletes all the miis and recreates my NNID one) and to add insult to injury, my NNID is attached to a system that's beyond 9.2 so installing Ninjahax won't work. I have an older 3DS that can run it, but I'm not sure that will help. So I'm in a bit of a bind.

Last edited by Black_Knight, Jun 17, 2015
  2. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    So that's why the paid Mii Plaza games don't show up when I installed them? Was on SD, maybe they have to be installed on NAND??

3. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    I installed the paid Mii games to the SD Card but only Warrior's Way shows up for me as it says I need some kind of update to play the others.

4. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Just checked again with my N3DS. All Mii Plaza games, other than Puzzle Swap and Find Mii are on SD, not NAND. There is some kind of partial save data on NAND, but that's about it. By partial, I just re-downloaded Ultimate Angler and it has the medal, noting that I have completed it. When I open it, however, I have met 0 Anglers, Cleared 0 Islands, and Caught 0 Species. So, @Apache Thunder, I do NOT stand corrected (entirely). Other than the two original games, the save data (and game data, for that matter) is indeed on the SD card.

Edit: Just downloaded Warrior's way as well. Same thing. Shows the Medal that the latest Plaza update adds to games you completed, but all progress is gone. There's no need for me to bother checking the other games now.

Last edited by urherenow, Jun 17, 2015
  5. Black_Knight

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    So the Mii plaza data is a bust, what about the Mii Maker stuff or is that a similar thing where it's a partial save?

6. urherenow

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    If you have Cubic Ninja, extdatatool can be used to transfer your Mii's (I think).

7. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Yeah I checked my self and did find that Mii Plaza lost progress when I ran it without the SD card last night. However the site was down last night when I went to reply. So I just went to bed instead. :P

8. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Is file logging possible?

9. Wheaties~

Wheaties~ Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2014
    United States
    I keep running into the "Cannot initialize AM service" when trying to install. I have rxmode on, and I've reset my system settings.

Any clue?

10. ccfman2004

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    On a side note I just ran into somebody using Street Pass that was playing "Play Coin Setter" LOL LOL LOL.

11. Black_Knight

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Which one should I look into, I see a few of them using the google.

12. urherenow

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Probably all the same thing, just different sites. Yellows8 made it. You can use the Gold Mii tutorial to get the right file, just ignore the hex editing unless you want to try... https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-give-your-mii-gold-pants-and-use-it-for-streetpass.379146/

Was it Me?

13. ccfman2004

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    The person's name was in Japanese.

14. Hashtastrophe

Hashtastrophe Wizard

Jan 12, 2015
    Canada
    Yes that kind of wizard.
    My "favorite" title is set to FBI currently. I'm also seen playing "Rebug CFW Loader for 9.8" sometimes because people are dumb not friends with google and will think there's A) rebug CFW for 3DS, and B) that I'm on hacked 9.8.

15. Steveice10
    OP

Steveice10 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2009
    United States
    FBI does not work through Ninjhax in rxMode since rxMode loads a firmware without the required kernel exploit.

16. ccfman2004

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Why would I receive a "Invalid Signature" when running Gateway emuNand? I thought signatures were patched?

17. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    Is there any way around this?

18. Black_Knight

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    But I'm trying to get access to all my old miis (Which I assume are locked behind a security value, or something) in Mii maker. So while it might be fun to make gold pants miis, it won't really help me.

Last edited by Black_Knight, Jun 18, 2015
  19. urherenow

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Jebus... you don't need to do the editing parts. Just get the proper file using extdatadumper and inject it on the system you want it in. I'd say I'm not going to spell it out for you, but between my posts and the Gold Pants Mii tutorial, I already have. If you really don't understand what I'm telling you , then forget it. You shouldn't be messing around with your NAND.

20. Black_Knight

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Sorry, not trying to be a dick. This sort of stuff is not my strong suit and I'm basically at my wit's end after fighting Nintendo Support for the past 8 months, hit wall after wall in soft modding, and now just finally accepting that I won't get my Mii plaza data back.

I'll read through your posts and the Gold Pants thread again to see if I can figure it out and get it done. I do appreciate your help, even if I don't show it well.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted