[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say base 58 is your best bet. Try NSMB first. I now that one works with Fakemote.
ok, i'll do the base 58 then. So, i do everything exactly the same as this tutorial says, except for i work with base 58 instead of base 57, right?

these are the instructions for ios 57
  1. Increase modulescount and contentscount by 1.
    For base IOS 57:
    <base ios="57" version="5918" contentscount="27" modulescount="8">
  2. Add a <content> entry for FAKEMOTE after the last <content module>.
    For base IOS 57:
    <content id="0x24" module="FAKEMOTE" tmdmoduleid="-1"/>

here's how it looks for ios 58 in my ciosmaps.xml file

1. <base ios="58" version="6175" contentscount="26" modulescount="7">
2. <content id="0x1e" module="FFSP" tmdmoduleid="-1"/>

Therefore, I should do the following, right?

For base IOS 58:
    <base ios="58" version="6175" contentscount="27" modulescount="8">
    For base IOS 58:
    <content id="0x1f" module="FAKEMOTE" tmdmoduleid="-1"/>

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ok, i'll do the base 58 then. So, i do everything exactly the same as this tutorial says, except for i work with base 58 instead of base 57, right?

these are the instructions for ios 57
    For base IOS 57:
    <base ios="57" version="5918" contentscount="27" modulescount="8">
    For base IOS 57:
    <content id="0x24" module="FAKEMOTE" tmdmoduleid="-1"/>

here's how it looks for ios 58 in my ciosmaps.xml file

1. <base ios="58" version="6175" contentscount="26" modulescount="7">
2. <content id="0x1e" module="FFSP" tmdmoduleid="-1"/>

Therefore, I should do the following, right?

For base IOS 58:
    <base ios="58" version="6175" contentscount="27" modulescount="8">
    For base IOS 58:
    <content id="0x1f" module="FAKEMOTE" tmdmoduleid="-1"/>
If you have Modmii in your computer, the program generates a ready-to-install wad with Fakemote in your desired ios. Otherwise, yeah, your steps seem right to me.

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Modmii in your computer, the program generates a ready-to-install wad with Fakemote in your desired ios. Otherwise, yeah, your steps seem right to me.
ok, what cios revision do I choose?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 48

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can use that package, but it'd only be useful in slot 251 (base 58). And of course you'll need to force all games to use that cIOS, which will reduce overall game compatibility.
Wouldn't slots 247 and lower be better for fakemote so it doesn't interfere with your Gx's auto ios setting? That way it would only get used if manually toggling that slot, assuming the recommended 248-251 are also installed of course

Ok, man, thanx for your help. I also saw that someone added Fakemote 0.5.0 to @blackb0x 's d2x v11 beta 1 (https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases/tag/d2x-v11-beta1-FM050). I looked at the ciosmaps.xml file and it has fakemote added to multiple bases like 53, 57, 58 and so on. What is that? Is this one better?
I uploaded this, it allows you to install fakemote to all the typical d2x bases, so you have more options to test various games with, it's also properly tagged so it will show up in syscheck reports as fakemote, I don't recall this being in the build directions, so there may be some people manually creating ciosmaps.xml's and installed fakemote but it's showing up in syscheck logs as something else. So yeah, the prepackaged zip is probably the best way to go, or build the wads using modmii

Edit: copy and paste of my PM response to you below for completeness

Get modmii

Change the d2x setting in the option menu, and select the latest fakemote version, then from the main menu go to advanced downloads and choose d2x cios 249 base 58, or whatever base, then change the slot to 247, then repeat for other bases with descending slot numbers, so base 57 in slot 246 etc

Then download and install the wads

Then your USB loader select slot 247, if that doesn't work try 246,etc

If u prefer to use the d2x cios installer instead of modmii, u can just download the pre-configured zip on davebaol's github (I added it), and combine it with the installer as per the github directions

Last edited by XFlak,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't slots 247 and lower be better for fakemote so it doesn't interfere with your Gx's auto ios setting? That way it would only get used if manually toggling that slot, assuming the recommended 248-251 are also installed of course
Yeah, that'd be a good option if someone wanted to use a USB controller for a specific game. But if they're going to apply it globally for all of their games then the auto cIOS setting wouldn't get used anyway, so the slot isn't as important.

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I installed the fakemote module in slot 252 ios 58, changed game’s ios (not the loader’s) to 252 in wiibrew and usb loader gx. The controller (original ps3 one) works fine in the game, didn’t encounter any problems. It is defined as p1 and wiimote becomes p2. Tested several games everything is fine, except one little thing.

When I press the ps3 button the home menu opens (this is the one Im talking about, see the attached image), but I can’t control the cursor (the hand) with my ps3 controller (neither with the dpad nor with the right stick). But in this video, this guy controls the cursor (the hand) with his right stick.

()

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    392.4 KB · Views: 48

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U installed it to slot 252, ideally it should be in slots below 248 so as to not interfere with Gx's auto ios setting

I. E. As you have installed it now, 252 may be selected over 251 as they are both base 58 and gx's auto ios prefers higher slots all else being equal

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Tutorials are inferior to the knowledge I'm dropping aiight? Lol

Seriously though, up until a couple weeks ago I didn't even know how Gx's auto ios setting worked, and if u don't use GX or don't use Gx's auto ios setting then there's no different between 252 and 247

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Generally, the Ps4 controller offer a better result due to the touch controls. I have encountered many problems using the right stick in my DualShock 3 too.

nexstar400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi im having trouble getting fakemote to work. So i have installed fakemote with d2xv11 bundle that xflak posted here in slot 252 with base 58. In bottom usb port i have connected the usb drive and in the top port connected DS4 controller. I tried running nsmbw from usbloader gx, with game ios set to 252, however the game doesnt even boot and instead returns me to the system menu. I tried from wiiflow as well and same result. How can i fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv