[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

Nenoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi. i've been trying to install it on Base 58 and followed the guide to modify the ciosmaps.xml, however i get this error and don't know what to do. can anyone check the file and tell me what i have to do?
Post automatically merged:

Hi. i've been trying to install it on Base 58 and followed the guide to modify the ciosmaps.xml, however i get this error and don't know what to do. can anyone check the file and tell me what i have to do?
for some reason, my file did not upload, or at least i cannot see it. so here it is on my Gdrive

Attachments

• Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-06-04 a las 21.07.50.jpg
    Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-06-04 a las 21.07.50.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 36

nexstar400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Could be incompatible with your hardware, or some other issue with the beta. I've never actually used fakemote personally, but have been able to prep the installation files as per the directions and others have confirmed it works as it should. Point is this is a tool in development and issues are to be expected. If issues are encountered best to report it here to the original dev, xerpi, not me, sorry I can't be more help

Reactions: nexstar400

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance of this being expanded further? Would love to use the Switch Online controllers on Wii VC/emulators. Especially N64, being able to use a proper N64 controller on Not64 AND get rumble working would be huge, as Raphnet/Rosetta adapters don't support rumble.

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,
  • Love
Reactions: chronoss

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
xFlak said that it is better to use a SM IOS as base (60, 70, 80) if you intend to use it for the System Menu. However I'm on Wii U vWii and the d2x cIOS vWii installer doesn't let me choose IOS80 as base. My idea is to install a cIOS with FAKEMOTE and use it only for the system menu (and use a separate cIOS with base IOS58/57 for my usb games) Can anyone help me with this?

Reactions: impeeza

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be a fantasy if compatibility with the GC control were added in the future :rolleyes:
I assume you mean for Wii U? It’d be awesome but atm there’s at least the workaround of buying one of those GameCube to Wii remote adapters to make the Wii think the GameCube controller is a classic controller. Most games that support the GameCube controller support the classic controller, so it should work

Of course certain games need the GameCube ports like for the DDR mat, and I think Bomberman only allowed 8 players if you had 4 wiimotes and 4 gamecube controllers. So it would still be of some benefit to some people

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Surely someone has already asked themselves this, but can Fakemote be installed on the Wii Mini console or is there a risk of bricking the console?
I'm especially interested in the various FPS titles and I also wanted to know if the IR emulation takes place on the right analog or only on the DS4 touchpad?

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@xerpi Hi. Is there a way to make a "fakemote patcher" like the wiimmfi patcher, to patch each iso with fakemote control scheme ?
Thank you for this amazing app.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@xerpi Has updated Fakemote to v0.5.1

Changes:
  • Bug fix related to unplugging and replugging
  • Other bug fixes
  • Switch from Makefile to CMake
------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that Priiloader is updated to support vWii does that mean we can use Fakemote system-wide?
We just need bluetooth support then this will be amazing :) (already is amazing but you know :P)

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
@XFlak A new update of fakemote 0.5.1 has been released, it would be possible that you perform an update in the cios installer of both Wii and vWii, to update the cios, although the improvements are minimal, it would be great to have them updated. Thank you

• Love
Reactions: impeeza and XFlak

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@XFlak A new update of fakemote 0.5.1 has been released, it would be possible that you perform an update in the cios installer of both Wii and vWii, to update the cios, although the improvements are minimal, it would be great to have them updated. Thank you
Oh cool an update, I didn't see it thanks for letting me know!

I'll make a note to create an updated cios bundle for it, may take me a bit to get around to it (life is crazy, lots of work, roof is still leaking, gonna have yet another surgery in a couple weeks, etc). If I take too long give me a nudge

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Priiloader has a bug right now so you can't change the System Menu IOS because it returns a ES_DiVerify error
Is that bug on wii and vWii? Or just vWii?

And do you know if the bug was present in 0.9.1 also? Or just the latest update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1