[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
Last edited by Deleted member 466238,
Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Done, it can be found here: https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases/tag/d2x-v11-beta1-FM051

Also it can be downloaded within ModMii by choosing it in the d2x version settings\options
Thanks, I have tried it, and I have noticed something strange, when exiting a game from the loader, it leaves a black screen, which does not happen with the previous version, I clarify that if it recognizes the controls, I don't know if this is a problem new version or of the cios installer application that you compiled.

VicenteGaete5

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi @xerpi

Thanks for all your work :)

I really hope you can consider adding GameCube / GC Controller support in any new updates.

I'm interested in how this project, along with the BlueRetro for GameCube applied to the GC ports of Wii, can significantly improve compatibility with most common Bluetooth controllers for practically any software available on the Wii.

I already have the BlueRetro project on my Wii, and it works like a charm with different controllers (I've tested PS3, PS4, Switch Pro, Xbox One) all at the same time. I use it for all games and homebrew that support GC controllers and it's solid as a rock.

Your work is amazing, and I really appreciate how it extends the life of the Wii.

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The previous version (0.5.0) acts weird lately, changing player 1 and player 2 wiimotes around automatically and not being responsive (maybe thats how its supposed to be, idk I described the issue here https://gbatemp.net/threads/fakemote-weird-problem.635214/), but anyway should I first delete the contents of the slot 252 to get a "clean install" so to say or simply overwriting it will produce the same result as deleting and then installing it anew?

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how exactly does fakemote work?

I mean, it kinda switches between P1 and P2, rendering my PS3 controller useless when it is set to P2.

Here's how it works for me - normally when I launch a game - Resident Evil 4, for example, via wiiflow or usb loader gx it would automatically detect my PS3 controller and set it as P1 (hand with number one on it), while my wiimote would become P2 (hand with number two on it), but sometimes, when I launch some different game, it sets my PS3 controller as P2, making my wiimote P1 and it messes everything up - not one single button except the PS logo button, which acts like home, works on the PS3 controller while in the game, so I have to restart the system -> first launch Resident Evil 4 (to have the PS3 controller set as P1-> and then launch another game to be able to play it.

Is this supposed to be that way? Is it the same for everybody or am I missing something?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Last edited by XFlak,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Blythe93 and XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol