[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
@XFlak sorry to bother, but I have a rather unusual question: I am trying to get FAKEMOTE to work on emulators such as WiiSX/Station/RX, Wii64, Not64 and some other apps. Most of these apps use the IOS58 by default. Now if I were to install a cIOS with fakemote (and using IOS58 as base) into slot 58, replacing the original IOS58 in the process... would that work? I know it sounds crazy to do such a thing, but I have bootmii@boot2 installed and also Priiloader and a NAND backup, so I can always restore it or reinstall IOS58 if something goes wrong, so I'm willing to try it. The only problem is that I don't know if there is an app that lets me install a cios into a "Nintendo" ios slot.

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It may lead to other problems, as generally those tools are built to work with a stock IOS58. If u go installing a cios to slot 58 it may cause other issues, even with your hbc. The good news is that IOS58 is not critical so even if u didn't have uber brick protection it will still be safe to try, and easy to revert.

Toggle the d2x version of fakemote that you want in Modmii's options, then go to modmii's advanced downloads, select the d2x fakemote cios with base 58, then when prompted change the slot to 58.

Alternatively if u have it in wad form already for slot 249 or whatever, just open it using modmii and you can change the slot that way (plenty of other tools can change slots too). Then just install using your wad manager of choice.

If anything goes sour just install a stock IOS58, there should be no need to restore a nand backup.

Good luck!

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
It may lead to other problems, as generally those tools are built to work with a stock IOS58. If u go installing a cios to slot 58 it may cause other issues, even with your hbc. The good news is that IOS58 is not critical so even if u didn't have uber brick protection it will still be safe to try, and easy to revert.

Toggle the d2x version of fakemote that you want in Modmii's options, then go to modmii's advanced downloads, select the d2x fakemote cios with base 58, then when prompted change the slot to 58.

Alternatively if u have it in wad form already for slot 249 or whatever, just open it using modmii and you can change the slot that way (plenty of other tools can change slots too). Then just install using your wad manager of choice.

If anything goes sour just install a stock IOS58, there should be no need to restore a nand backup.

Good luck!
Thanks!! I just tried it. HBC stopped working right away, lol! I solved it by opening its wad and changing the IOS it uses to 252, which is the exact same cios I installed into slot 58 and it worked again with no issues, even with Fakemote! I tried WiiSX, Syscheck, Not64, Some YAWMM mod, Wiixplorer, all worked with fakemote. It was wonderful, it felt like I was using Bloopair on the Wii U, finally fakemote was working everywhere, on all games and apps... or so I thought...

I then tried launching Nintendont and my excitement disappeared instantly... it doesn't work. It threw an IOS58 error and closed afterwards. Oh well... I use Nintendont a lot so I can't lose it unfortunately... If it wasn't for Nintendont, I would've kept this setup.

Anyways it was a fun experiment to try at least.

Last edited by Deleted member 466238,

Barnickal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @XFlak, I tried installing Fakemote the way the dev recommends on GitHub. I think I did everything right, but when I try and run a game (Mario Kart on Disc via USB Loader) it shows the 'wear your wrist straps' screen, then goes to black. I have tried different cios, so I eventually gave up. Tried to follow your instructions and use Modmii tonight, but couldn't find where to select beta after selecting 4! I gave it a good guess and eventually generated a wad. Used YAWM to install it... Tried running Mario kart from iOS 250, and it just played as normal. No controller support.
Help please!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Start ModMii Classic, to change the d2x beta version settings do one of the following:
  • Enter "O" then "d2x"
  • or enter "A" then "beta"
  • or enter "4" then click the d2x cIOS Version Settings
Then select the d2x version you want to build (FM stands for Fakemote)

Once you switch the d2x version this is the only version of d2x ModMii will build until you change it back, and you probably want fakemote installed to slots other than 248-251 which should already be occupied by the recommended cIOS configuration without fakemote, so to accomplish this, do the following

From ModMii Classic's main menu, enter "A", then "24957" (or "24958" depending on what base you want to use, xerpi has reported that only base 57 & 58 have been officially tested), then enter a new slot number, so enter "247" (or anything between 200-247 is ideal), then enter "n" or optionally change\enter a new version number but there's really no need, then enter "Y" to add the download to the queue

Repeat this for other downloads if you wish (i.e. if you plan on testing fakemote with different bases), just be sure to select a different slot if you want to have them installed simultaneously.

Then enter "D" then "Y" to download

Afterwards you should probably go back to ModMii's d2x version settings and revert back to the default

I hope this helps!

@xerpi perhaps you can link to this msg in your first post or github or where ever for anyone having issues building fakemote using modmii, thx

Barnickal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@XFlak You are a superstar! I will test this soon and let you know how I get on!
Thank you so much.
Post automatically merged:

It worked with cIOS237[57]-d2x-v10-b52-ST-FM050.wad on Mario kart for 2 mins, then crashed, then won't work anymore.
No idea what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by Barnickal,
Reactions: XFlak

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After some time I made it work with slot 247 and base 58. Is nunchuk acceleration implemented? I am stuck in a game which requires me to push the nunchuk forward.

Edit: Also if anyone is interessted. I don't use slot 247 in my loader and just in certain games. The game wont load in my case, if I have the ds4 controller plugged in when I start the game. When I am in the game I go into the home menu, then go into the wii mote settings and press reconnect. Now I plug in the ds4 controller and wait until it gets registered by itself with me pressing nothing (can take some time). I didn't found a more convenient way yet.

Last edited by blue-spirit,

Barnickal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After some time I made it work with slot 247 and base 58. Is nunchuk acceleration implemented? I am stuck in a game which requires me to push the nunchuk forward.

Edit: Also if anyone is interessted. I don't use slot 247 in my loader and just in certain games. The game wont load in my case, if I have the ds4 controller plugged in when I start the game. When I am in the game I go into the home menu, then go into the wii mote settings and press reconnect. Now I plug in the ds4 controller and wait until it gets registered by itself with me pressing nothing (can take some time). I didn't found a more convenient way yet.
Thank you so much! I'll try this.

So does the light come on at least when you plug it in? Nothing happening on my ds4.

Last edited by Barnickal,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much! I'll try this.

So does the light come on at least when you plug it in? Nothing happening on my ds
It should always light up as soon as it is plugged in. Did you choose the right slot (247) in the loaders game specific settings? By the way I am using Wiiflow lite as my loader.

@XFlak You are a superstar! I will test this soon and let you know how I get on!
Thank you so much.

It worked with cIOS237[57]-d2x-v10-b52-ST-FM050.wad on Mario kart for 2 mins, then crashed, then won't work anymore.
No idea what I'm doing wrong.
Why aren't you using d2x-v11-beta1-FM051 since it is the newest cios and the newest fakemote module.

Last edited by blue-spirit,

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is this going to work on custom WiiVC titles? or need to go on vWii first?
i wish they also support Magic-NS

luk234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok so, I think I've figured out why sometimes fakemote crashes on startup. You just have to start a game without a P1 controller defined (for example, 2p wiimote) and no usb controller plugged in.

Trying with the following environment:
-USB Loader GX with default settings, set game cios as 252
-Fakemote installed on slot 252, base 58

My test:
Start a game without a P1 controller (either by remapping a wiimote to P2, or not plugging in your usb controller). The game should fail to boot, so you either get kicked to the homebrew channel or the Wii menu.

This is highly likely to happen if you use a wiimote and an usb controller, since the wiimote will get remapped to port 2, and you might unplug the usb controller at some point. Can someone else try this out and confirm the issue?

EDIT:
I also noticed that fakemote will not boot if two hdds are plugged in at the same time, but I don't know if this is just because I'm using it with base 58, or if it's vWii's fault.

Last edited by luk234,
Reactions: impeeza

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey y'all,
Been messing around with Fakemote, very cool. Tried loading a couple of wii images with WiiFlow Lite under the latest's d2x v11 beta 1 and it crashed each one, didn't matter whether it was ios 57 or 58 as base (using vanilla original wii console ). However, I then installed fakemote module under d2x v10 beta 53 and so far so good with the limited number of games I've tried. To be fair it may be d2x v11 beta 1 which is the problem as I tried it under an older version of wiiFlow (from end of 2019). Hopefully, this info is of some use, but if I get round to updating my wiiflow I'll do some more tests.

Reactions: raxadian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!