ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

dannyboy941

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As stated in the OP, you have to right-click EFE.zip and remove the external sources block BEFORE unpacking the software.
Make no sense what you mean remove external source block? i didnt see anything about remove external only open the file and file settings and delete.

nallar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make no sense what you mean remove external source block? i didnt see anything about remove external only open the file and file settings and delete.
STiNUe0.png

Reactions: Shrinefox

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could it be either I´m retarded? I decrypted my Y romfs and have a folder with many files now, but I can´t open a single one nor edit them...

GoYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know if this was asked before beause I could not read through all these pages.
I'm currently editing Mario Kart 7 courses to replace the textures with my own.

I edited every texture I want to replace and I created a new CTR Graphics Plugin for every model I exported before. I saved it as a .bcres file and back in the Every File Explorer, I want to replace the models with the new ones. So far so good, replacing the models is easy, but suddenly there's a model... with another model in it? It seems that I can't replace that one (Gwii_MapleTreeway_perm).

unbenannt8osce.png

If I replace Gwii_MapleTreeway with a model, the second one (Gwii_MapleTreeway_perm) is gone forever. But I need those two files, otherwise something is missing. I can export multiple models in a single model, but importing seems to be just for one file.

I don't know if this is the correct thread and sorry if this was already asked. I hope someone can help! :)

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried everything I can to get this running. No matter what, it just doesn't run. I do not use the built-in file unpacker in Windows, but I am still "unblocking" the zip file. After downloading, unblocking and extracting many times, the program simple does not run. It pops up in my Task Manager for a split second then disappears.

I have tried running as admin, running in various compatibility modes, and checked to make sure Malware Bytes wasn't somehow blocking the file (I don't have real-time protection). Windows Defender is force disabled via registry tweak so it is not Windows Defender interfering.

The strange things is I was using it just fine last night to browse through ACNL files. Went to use it again tonight and it wasn't working.

EDIT: And yet more strangeness. Restarted my computer and EFE runs fine. :s
But it still won't open GardenSound.bcsar from ACNL. I get a blank window.

Last edited by Ar7ific1al,

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A somewhat less favorable method perhaps but you can use this to rip the audio files from it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-cwav-dumper.361437/

Unfortunately don't know how to repack the bcsar..

Thanks! I already stumbled across that myself. :) Fortunately, I don't need to repack the bcsar; I just want to rip files from it for my own nefarious purposes.
Unfortunately, I don't know what to do with those CWAV files. Tried 3DSExplorer but the wav files it extracts from the BCWAV files are silent. Been perusing the general web for info but I'm not coming up with anything.

EDIT: Found foobar2000 and the vgmstream component. Works well. :D

Last edited by Ar7ific1al,
Reactions: Ridge

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks! I already stumbled across that myself. :) Fortunately, I don't need to repack the bcsar; I just want to rip files from it for my own nefarious purposes.
Unfortunately, I don't know what to do with those CWAV files. Tried 3DSExplorer but the wav files it extracts from the BCWAV files are silent. Been perusing the general web for info but I'm not coming up with anything.

EDIT: Found foobar2000 and the vgmstream component. Works well. :D

You can also use Konvertor, which can do multiple BCWAV files at once.

Reactions: Ar7ific1al

SWS90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened a .bcres and I can view it just fine, but when I want to import a edited file, I cannot do that. I see the import option right to the left of export, but it's not clickable. Is there another way to import my new file?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
As I said in another topic, I can't fully read all sections of bcmdl files. Therefore I can't fully write it back. If I would save now, animations would be lost for example.
could you add a "EXPERIMENTAL" Option to replace textures/Models + Saving this bcdml?
I've alot of bcmdl-files which doens't contain Animations or other stuff, only Models and textures. I want to edit there.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1