ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

aldelaro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, it has been a long time since I spoke here, but I wanted to wait a couple of updates to see if ripping textures from Paper Mario Sticker Star was any better.

Unfortunately, it's not. I don;t know why due to this being inconsistent through the files, but several .bcrez files (it's basically bcres with backward lz compressed files) will open successfully with their data, but several others just refuses to open with a very cryptic error message:

Capture.PNG

I tried the batch script you provided several pages back in this thread and it pretty much work until it encounters one of these not working files. The inconvenience is it just stops making basically batch processing a bit harder than it should, not to mention that I'm pretty sure there's lots of meaningful data in these files if I check their names.

It is not because of the compression as I actually did uncompressed every files that had the compression so, it won't look odd in an hexedit (it actually looks to be a good files).

Again, several files were able to be opened, but I really wonder why the data isn't read properly.

To make your debugging easier, I made a zip containing 5 files that outpout the same error, but I picked them from different location in the ROM (so, one being UI related, one being an enemy, one being an effect related, etc...).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zvkwywg1qr5dg4/not working.zip?dl=0

Btw, I already decompressed the files.

I know some textures were ripped on vg resources, but it;s clearly a fraction of what can be ripped and I actually already found interesting stuff with what I could rip. I really want to know if it's even possible to open these files.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, I've been kinda toying around with the EFE, now I want to open some files from the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate rom and it contains files with the .arc extension. (Well, all the files seems to be like that)

Is there a way to open these files with EFE or are they still not supported?

EDIT: when I try to open them, nothing seems to happen

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I've been kinda toying around with the EFE, now I want to open some files from the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate rom and it contains files with the .arc extension. (Well, all the files seems to be like that)

Is there a way to open these files with EFE or are they still not supported?

EDIT: when I try to open them, nothing seems to happen
If it doesn't open them, they are not supported.

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You need to click the OK button. :unsure:

Hi, I ran into the same problem as the other guy that you helped. Like him, when I try to create a new CGFX from an OBJ I get this uncloseable window and can't get do anything. The program doesn't freeze, I just have know way to confirm that I'm done entering text.
Can you tell me where the OK button is? I've looked everywhere and don't see it. I attached an image of what appears on my screen. Thank you

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 234

loco365

Trophies
XP
Hi, I ran into the same problem as the other guy that you helped. Like him, when I try to create a new CGFX from an OBJ I get this uncloseable window and can't get do anything. The program doesn't freeze, I just have know way to confirm that I'm done entering text.
Can you tell me where the OK button is? I've looked everywhere and don't see it. I attached an image of what appears on my screen. Thank you
Have you tried pressing Enter on your keyboard?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The problem is the dpi value of your pc it seems. It makes the input box bigger, so the ok button isn't visible anymore. I have seen this by a couple of others before.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there is actually a bug in the file name window too, i forgot to report it, basically if you completely clear the text entrybox will become locked, to avoid it simply never delete all the letter from the box i.e type your name over the EFEModel text, or type your file name before removing the EFEModel text

the person who can't see the OK button could try pressing TAB then enter

oh PS, is there any chance of having a CGFX texture replacement feature so we can add new textures to models that have animation data etc

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So I've been looking through file in this game called Sonipro hopefully for a future translation and I'm looking into model editting.

I've meticulously detailed my entire workflow in the attached image. I can export the models, view them in Blender but creating a new CGFX from the exported files doesn't seem to work. IDK if it's even possible with EFE.
Can someone take a look at the attached image and tell me what I'm doing wrong or how I could do what I'm trying to do. Just want to edit the model.

Appreciate it.
I've attached an image of my entire workflow.

Attachments

• HELP.jpg
    HELP.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 361

gdkchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I've been looking through file in this game called Sonipro hopefully for a future translation and I'm looking into model editting.

I've meticulously detailed my entire workflow in the attached image. I can export the models, view them in Blender but creating a new CGFX from the exported files doesn't seem to work. IDK if it's even possible with EFE.
Can someone take a look at the attached image and tell me what I'm doing wrong or how I could do what I'm trying to do. Just want to edit the model.

Appreciate it.
I've attached an image of my entire workflow.
Are you trying to do a nude mod on Senran Kagura Burst? :3

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Are you trying to do a nude mod on Senran Kagura Burst? :3

Super Sonico is the game. I was looking through the game's files and found there a nude model (LINK PIC in Attachment) and all the clothes are just applied on-top. Once I can figure out how to edit the model without crashing the game a nude mod would be the obvious conclusion.

I do need to decrypt SK2 though. Just got the rom. I saw SK Burst decrypted and it didn't seem immediately apparent how to edit though.
Super Sonico however is really easy to edit (At least textures and game text). Anyone interested, you can find the details in the Proof of Concept translation thread here. There's a release with some of the basic menus TL'd.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gericom

Every times I edit a name/title directly in the icon.bin in EFE, and save it, when I reload it, the change disappear. The save never worked.
I just had a look, and it turns out I forgot to react on editing the text XD. I will fix that when I am working on EFE again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it