ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

D

Deleted User

I really hope the Bravely Default models are fully supported soon. As well as the Mario and Luigi ones. It's been a while and I'm not sure what the status even is at this point.

The Bravely default models are supported in full, and have been since the programs early days.

Only the animations are not supported.

Outside of that the only issue with the Bravely Default models is that the mouth and eyes are moved to the left and rotated 90 degrees, thats it, nothing else.

If you're unsure how to view them, I can help explain it for you, since I've taken them all apart in full several times (including bravely second).

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Provided Plugins:
  • 3DS
  • Common Compressors
  • Common Files
  • Mario Kart
  • NDS
Source: https://github.com/Gericom/EveryFileExplorer
The weekly build will be updated every friday. Note: Weekly builds are no stable releases. It might be buggy. If you find bugs, please tell it me, so I can fix it for the v1.0 release.
Latest weekly build: http://florian.nouwt.com/EFE.zip
Don't forget to unblock the zip from external sources before unpacking!!!!!!
More information: http://florian.nouwt.com/wiki/index.php/Every_File_Explorer

Any chance you'll release a command line tool based on the currently available plugins? More specifically, I'd like to be able to batch-create previews for custom themes, so any functionality to batch extract top/down bgs from the theme files would be appreciated.

Grendor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Bravely default models are supported in full, and have been since the programs early days.

Outside of that the only issue with the Bravely Default models is that the mouth and eyes are moved to the left and rotated 90 degrees, thats it, nothing else.

If you're unsure how to view them, I can help explain it for you, since I've taken them all apart in full several times (including bravely second).

That would be very helpful. I can get them to view minimally, but many of the enemy models (including Erutus Profiteur, who I am trying for a full model of) have pieces missing, such as Erutus' coat being only one-fourth complete or totally missing pieces...

D

Deleted User

That would be very helpful. I can get them to view minimally, but many of the enemy models (including Erutus Profiteur, who I am trying for a full model of) have pieces missing, such as Erutus' coat being only one-fourth complete or totally missing pieces...

This is what I get.

its not 100% perfect, things still flown off at awkward angles, but its all quick to fix.

6b29d64669.jpg

One thing I'm doing that everyone else isn't doing is extracting the .fs file first, .fs isn't a model type, its just a container, there are a lot of models (and skeletons) inside of the crowd.fs file, and the index.fs exists as a location pointer.

I've uploaded the quickBMS script for it along with a .bat file here.

All you'll need to do is copy those files into the same location as the fs files you want to extract, then just run the .bat, it will extract the files and you should be fine from there. Sometimes 1 part of a model is in another file.

Now its true there are still a few models that appear weirdly, I 'believe' this is down to material groups ad EFE doesn't know what to do with them, but sometimes its flipped normals too.

When you extract it likee this the viewer shows much better results, but its still not absolutely perfect, however thats most likely due to lack of bones, the model could verywell be split up like this, and then additional pieces are pieced onto the model at runtime. I'm not sure why it'd be done this way, but quite a lot of games (especially DS and 3DS) seem to do it this way.

Grendor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's not really anything I can do to get his full model? I've done as instructed but still it comes out like you've shown above, missing more than half the model.

D

Deleted User

its certainly missing a thing or 2, however 'over half' is a bit of an exaggeration, I mean this is how it looks in Noesis using the cgfx viewer from chroxx (I've attached it to this post, but I did not make it, all credits to Chroxx, it doesn't support textures so you'll have to use a bit of this and a bit of EFE to fill all your needs.

You'll have to rename the .bcres to cgfx though in order for it to work correctly, And it does still have some issues.

Eitherway, with the files extracted its a 'little' better no?

Attachments

• fmt_cgfx.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 200

Unico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have to wonder though what causes it to distort differently between various viewers. It should appear the same way between all of them if the model's distortion was simply how the file is set up, rather than a quirk of the viewer. Yet it doesn't. The Noesis plug-in shows a far more assembled model in the viewer, and the Mario Kart viewer has differences as well. Does anyone know if this holds true with models from other games as well? I don't know coding at all, but from an outsider's perspective, if you could figure out why a model looks differently between all 3, it should at least give insight into what causes the distortion issues and how to improve it. Are there really such radically different ways of coding a render & viewing of a 3D model in the same file type?

Reactions: robotortoise

Unico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the Bravely Second models are slightly more organized. Fewer instances of massive polygon absence. Magnolia's Spell Fencer outfit shows up as Agnes though... not sure if that job was removed from this installment, didn't check it on the guys. Faces & eyes are still offset, but they're often on the same axis now, and attached, just shifted to above the model. DLC seems to be on the cart.

For whatever reason, looks like the male playable characters and one boss (different body type) have a ken doll model in there. If you want to study how at least the guys are made, it's not gonna get any easier. If 3DS modding gets as far as model injection, it'll also give you an easy base for custom outfit models on Tiz & Yu. For the women, I suppose you could just cherry-pick polygons from various models to get something you can model over. Sounds inconvenient though.

I've looked at most of the .bcres files, haven't tried out the .fs yet. Renaming the files didn't work so I'll have to try Dan_Tsukasa's quickBMS next time. The NPCs are mostly in .bcres this time around, and they look good - think they're in the EVPC folder or something similar. The actual "NPC" folder, weirdly, mostly consists of animals. Super cute though. Very simple geometry. I like the piggy.

Reactions: robotortoise

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason, looks like the male playable characters and one boss (different body type) have a ken doll model in there.

Wait, like, they're...naked, with no private parts? Am I understanding that correctly?

EDIT: I'm asking because this seems like content that would go on The Cutting Room Floor.

Unico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't look like anything cut, the girls have towels so they probably did some bath house scene or something knowing Japan. Should be visible in-game. Edea's model is the only one without legs though for some reason.

Spell fencer is indeed not in this game, but the costume codes were preserved between titles, so J08 loads up the corresponding Bravely 1 character's model. Tiz & Edea are PCM1 & PCF2, same hairstyles from the first game, and Magnolia and Yu replace PCM2 & PCF1, so they load up Ringabel and Agnes. Models view a LOT better than their Bravely One versions for some reason though. In the Mario Kart viewer, they're even fully assembled with translucent textures visible. I never bothered to check, but I suppose that confirms that the basic male and female models don't have any differences between character. They're just blank dolls of that body type that they slapped different hair onto, and changed the eye texture to a different shaped eye. I hope a Bravely Third gets made, cause I'll be interested to see how they change things up. Probably won't have the same main party members back, but I expect they'll use the same base.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond...