Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just been playing Wave Race 64. It works very well and I'm really impressed. Thanks @MasterFeizz.

I have a small QoL request: I have the option for 4:3, but I wondered if anyone might be keen to add a "4:3 Zoom" option. Some N64 games are letterboxed in 4:3, so on a widescreen (like the 3DS has) they display with black borders on all sides.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
No new release since the first beta, did the project dead?
There's this version that has a few improvements from the latest official release, apparently it was released on some Discord without source code. It does seem that development is dead unfortunately...

crazyseandx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's this version that has a few improvements from the latest official release, apparently it was released on some Discord without source code. It does seem that development is dead unfortunately...
Yeah, just tried that out. It crashed my New 2DS on me.

Edit: Yeah, turns out I had to put the Roms in a proper folder, thought the improvements included good things for WWF No Mercy and let me tell you NO IT DID NOT.

Man, why does WWF No Mercy not work well in varying degrees of emulation?!

Last edited by crazyseandx,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wonder why development suddenly stopped. It went from not existing to incredibly good and full of features like stereo 3D and AA in the span of like two months

Reactions: peteruk

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
uh oh. what happened?

Oh Stealphie, long time no see! I can't remember too well, but afaik, there where two "official" Discord servers that where aiming to host Daedalus3DS progress updates, but neither of them asked for permision from the main dev. After some time, one of the admins in one of these Discord servers started to make everything messy and to harass people with no real reason, and other things I can't remember.

Then the main dev was bashed by the people of both Discord servers claiming to be "the only official source", but then he became gradually upset about the matter and then just decided to update only if he wanted to.

Space_Man33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to play Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, and every time I load it. The screen is black with the characters standing there. Is my system the problem or is it the game file itself?

Medoxthehero

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I try doom 64 and it is play on 15 FPS
I also try kirby 64 and its have higher FPS but with some issues with sound and the graphics just like yoshi's story game
And I try perfect dark and the system give me error screen

Attachments

• 16525709169463188355325633661811.jpg
    16525709169463188355325633661811.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I try doom 64 and it is play on 15 FPS
I also try kirby 64 and its have higher FPS but with some issues with sound and the graphics just like yoshi's story game
And I try perfect dark and the system give me error screen
You're using an ancient build buddy. You should be using the most recent version.

This new version allows for Doom 64 to achieve a full 30 FPS.

Reactions: Medoxthehero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, I own a dsi and a ps3