Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

shadow_chi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pls help it’s not working, it just crashes when I click the roms 😭 (pls reply asap bc i’m trying to play mario party 3 asap)
also i do have dspfirm.cdc in my 3ds folder, so idk why it’s not working at this point, and the super smash bros emu is working, but not pokémon puzzle league and mario party 3

Last edited by shadow_chi,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Pls help it’s not working, it just crashes when I click the roms 😭 (pls reply asap bc i’m trying to play mario party 3 asap)
look, there's chances mario party 3 won't run perfectly because the emulator, while pushing 3DS to it's limits and doing wonders, is still not perfect.
Make sure you're running the latest version, try the fishy discord build, or older builds. Also make sure to try roms in both formats (if i recall correctly those were z64 and n64) also try roms from different regions, if USA fails, try EU or maybe even JP.
If all that fails, i dunno. You always have the 3DS mario party games

Reactions: Sypherone

shadow_chi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look, there's chances mario party 3 won't run perfectly because the emulator, while pushing 3DS to it's limits and doing wonders, is still not perfect.
Make sure you're running the latest version, try the fishy discord build, or older builds. Also make sure to try roms in both formats (if i recall correctly those were z64 and n64) also try roms from different regions, if USA fails, try EU or maybe even JP.
If all that fails, i dunno. You always have the 3DS mario party games
ok tysm

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normaly its not big thing to get DaedalusX64 run. Check and verify your folders.

Check your game for compatibilty
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DaedalusX64_3DS_Compatibility_List

INSTALLATION:
You need to extract the data.zip on the root of your SD-Card so that the contents of the 3ds folder are in your 3ds folder.
Then just install the .cia with a cia installer like FBI.

Next, extract the data.zip to the root of your sd card. Place your ROM files in sdmc:/3ds/DaedalusX64/Roms/ and they will automatically appear in Daedalus.

Then just Run DaedalusX64 and the games will be show up automatically. finally start your desired game.

Troubleshooting​

If still dont work uninstall and undo all changes and try the older Version v0.2.

shadow_chi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normaly its not big thing to get DaedalusX64 run. Check and verify your folders.

Check your game for compatibilty
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DaedalusX64_3DS_Compatibility_List

INSTALLATION:
You need to extract the data.zip on the root of your SD-Card so that the contents of the 3ds folder are in your 3ds folder.
Then just install the .cia with a cia installer like FBI.

Next, extract the data.zip to the root of your sd card. Place your ROM files in sdmc:/3ds/DaedalusX64/Roms/ and they will automatically appear in Daedalus.

Then just Run DaedalusX64 and the games will be show up automatically. finally start your desired game.

Troubleshooting​

If still dont work uninstall and undo all changes and try the older Version v0.2.
omggg tysmm ur a life saver! i was trying to play Pokémon puzzle and Mario party 3 but i didn’t know that it wasn’t playable, I’ll just play the original Mario party, I was looking forward to playing daisy but it’s fine

Memelordr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My paper mario is consistently crashing when i try to enter the toad town area with merlon. It happened consistently so I tried to convert a save from project64 to daedalusx64 but its kinda confusing. Can anybody here give me some pointers?

Surfffffd

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I tested 4 games on this emulator (Using New 2DS XL) . Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64 and Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2.
Mario Kart 64 felt smooth with a few frame drops but nothing major. Audio was a bit rubbish and laggy. The fps never got above 30 fps.

Super Smash Bros was a little slow, Had bad audio and sometimes got over 30 fps.

Now, Pokémon stadium 1 didn't even load and froze the console. Pokemon Stadium 2 loaded but the screen was in the top left corner. After getting to the main menu the screen went back to normal, Then I pressed one button and the screen froze.

(Note: The 3ds was under 10% Batter so it might have something to do with these results)

Hope this information proves to be helpful!

niin401

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't found it also, but I built without imgui patches (That are the newest). I can't post links, but you can do as:
git clone and then:
$ git checkout a181b7c9d54326eff8398f671099ffefb5e1bec6
$ git cherry-pick 8acbc0972d057f3880bbf9e74c947bcf721df5fc
$ git cherry-pick f452a4a3ff1a85c3423a61f68e316c0197fcac53
$ git cherry-pick 256f3d746767cecbcd7833565ee71f9cc8767c51
$ curl (Link in pull requests, pull 46, go to commit did -581ff1c1d15a4eb6a36201300eddd368104a88d4-, and append .patch to the URL) | git am
$ bash build_daedalus.sh CTR_RELEASE
If you have all the deps, will build
I can't post links here.., but if DM me, will send you :)
u are so beautiful to meeee

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My paper mario is consistently crashing when i try to enter the toad town area with merlon. It happened consistently so I tried to convert a save from project64 to daedalusx64 but its kinda confusing. Can anybody here give me some pointers?
try the pal version

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just dropped a new version: https://github.com/masterfeizz/DaedalusX64-3DS/releases/tag/v1.0

...only took a few years...
I just got the "black screen of death" crash right after closing the app. Using CIA version, i did delete the preferences file as instructed. I was playing smash bros, in case that's also relevant..
Other than that, the performance is quite impressive considering im using O3DS, and the new GUI is a step in the right direction. Stereo3D is gone for good?
Good to see you back around here

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the "black screen of death" crash right after closing the app. Using CIA version, i did delete the preferences file as instructed. I was playing smash bros, in case that's also relevant..
Other than that, the performance is quite impressive considering im using O3DS, and the new GUI is a step in the right direction. Stereo3D is gone for good?
Good to see you back around here
Second best screen of death in my opinion...
Stereo3D is just a matter of me implementing it back in picaGL

niin401

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
time to try and get the magnet right for ntrboot from r4 to fix the new 3ds xl again i guess

edit: im an idiot and got bootrom bsod, any easy fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol