Homebrew [RELEASE] ctrQuake - Quake 1 port

IvanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clarify I need Pak1.pak to run full version? Just add it to id folder along with the pak0.pak that comes with the release?

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just started it on my New3ds and after configuring my buttons i walked a bit. Seems pretty good, thanks for the port so far.
Is there also a setting that the round stick works the same as the arrows? so no strafe but just left and right.

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just started it on my New3ds and after configuring my buttons i walked a bit. Seems pretty good, thanks for the port so far.
Is there also a setting that the round stick works the same as the arrows? so no strafe but just left and right.
Not yet, circlepad is hardcoded for now

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update on progress: Finally making some progress on hardware acceleration.
CSI0-uyXIAAgJs4.png

mironicurse

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ah the joys of the 3ds gpu textures - block encoding and it is flipped vertically. Combined with the gpus inclination to lockup the system with every opportunity - it is a lot of fun.
Had the same issue after hard-swapping(intel to nvidia optimus videocard) gl libraries in my linux laptop. Is it somehow related?

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The coordinates are messed up
I suppose it depends on your perspective. The texture coordinates for 3ds are vertically flipped at 0 compared to OpenGL on a pc. This could be corrected with a texture matrix transform or by flipping the texture vertically.

Edit: it will be easier to see when you get the world rendering and try to get the textures to line up correctly.

Last edited by elhobbs,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it depends on your perspective. The texture coordinates for 3ds are vertically flipped at 0 compared to OpenGL on a pc. This could be corrected with a texture matrix transform or by flipping the texture vertically.

Edit: it will be easier to see when you get the world rendering and try to get the textures to line up correctly.

Both world coordinates and textures coordinates are flipped in comparison to OpenGL, so they are lined up already i just need to modify the transformation matix to flip Y coords

Edit: Now it's fixed
CSLTh4hW0AQBrP3.png

Last edited by MasterFeizz,
Reactions: blaydes99

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both world coordinates and textures coordinates are flipped in comparison to OpenGL, so they are lined up already i just need to modify the transformation matix to flip Y coords

Edit: Now it's fixed
CSLTh4hW0AQBrP3.png
I ran into problems trying to get textures with offsets to line up correctly. I will interested to see your solution.

D

Deleted User

WILL THIS RUN MODS JUST THOUGHT ABOUT THIS :D
EDIT: the cstick isn't bindable

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now