Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All of a sudden, yes, this helps! I was downloading it before, now tried install mode - and it jumped to ~900kb/s. This doesn't seem like a proper behavior.
Yeah, it's odd, I haven't been able to track down why writing to SD is so much slower than installing. They both technically write to SD, but I think Nintendo's internal file writing stuff for CIA installation (Which we use in install mode) does something special that libctru's file functions don't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So they have a valid signature??
No, they are "Good" CIA's, not "Legit" CIA's.

The difference is these are created with proper titlekeys, and won't cause eShop to choke when trying to update. But they still require signature patching to install/run.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since this project has been a title asleep.
@Drakia @cearp
Did you tried a method to "dump" a CIA from one of the alreally installed titles?
That would be a nice feature for an updated method for dumping eshop titles.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since this project has been a title asleep.
@Drakia @cearp
Did you tried a method to "dump" a CIA from one of the alreally installed titles?
That would be a nice feature for an updated method for dumping eshop titles.
Honestly, you're better off using one of the PC utilities to dump CIAs from the eShop to a file (Far faster than we could possible read on the 3DS itself). As far as I know there's no functionality in AM (Atleast in libctru) for reading back CIA data once installed.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Honestly, you're better off using one of the PC utilities to dump CIAs from the eShop to a file (Far faster than we could possible read on the 3DS itself). As far as I know there's no functionality in AM (Atleast in libctru) for reading back CIA data once installed.
What I mean is:
1.- Dump the TID and the TKey from the desired title.
2.- Dowload the CIA from CDN.

Dunno if the ARM11 can do such thing (dump the TKey) or if is only possible the ARM9 (as Decrypt9 does).

Neodigitless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this thread take requests for ticket additions to wings.json?

I'd like DQMJ3 added, please and thank you. SE seems to have DMCA'd the crap out of that download from everywhere I managed to find on that one iso site. I've never ran into this problem with other games. :/ I would think anyone who managed to get that game before it was taken down everywhere could use it to generate the ticket?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'd like DQMJ3 added, please and thank you. SE seems to have DMCA'd the crap out of that download from everywhere I managed to find on that one iso site. I've never ran into this problem with other games. :/ I would think anyone who managed to get that game before it was taken down everywhere could use it to generate the ticket?
Title requests are not accepted, titles are added by the community of their own free will, and requires purchasing the game from the eShop, dumping the title key, and submitting it to a specific 3ds titlekey database.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Buy it! The least you can do is be a contributor of one title, not just a pure consumer. Every title you have downloaded, someone bought and contributed.

Vin Bertinelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIAngel isn't showing me all the results. When I type space in the search I only get 59 results. Most of them being Pokemon related. I deleted and redownloaded wings.json and I still only get 59 total results. This ever happen to anyone else?

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I'm having a bit of a problem understanding whats the difference between CIAngel and Freeshop, they basically do the same? is one better than the other?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CIAngel isn't showing me all the results. When I type space in the search I only get 59 results. Most of them being Pokemon related. I deleted and redownloaded wings.json and I still only get 59 total results. This ever happen to anyone else?
CIAngel automatically handles downloading the wings.json file on startup if yours is more than 3 days old, or via the "Download wings.json" menu. For the word "space" I get 21 results (none of which are Pokemon related). For just a blank space, I get 1950 results. Make sure you're running the latest version.

I'm having a bit of a problem understanding whats the difference between CIAngel and Freeshop, they basically do the same? is one better than the other?
CIAngel was out first, has access to more things currently (DLC, updates, demos, etc.), and is seemingly more stable (Since we don't deal with a GUI/threading code). Freeshop looks prettier, has support for pausing/resuming downloads.
Freeshop is also limiting in that until a game is added to its own special cache by the dev, even if it's in the JSON data, it won't show up in the search results.

Reactions: cvskid and Barawer

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
CIAngel was out first, has access to more things currently (DLC, updates, demos, etc.), and is seemingly more stable (Since we don't deal with a GUI/threading code). Freeshop looks prettier, has support for pausing/resuming downloads.
Freeshop is also limiting in that until a game is added to its own special cache by the dev, even if it's in the JSON data, it won't show up in the search results.
So basically i have no reason to use freeshop if i have CIAngel.
I read somewhere that the tickets the CIAngel installs are somehow not good? that they might be flagged by Nintendo or something? guess its not true but for to be extra safe, is it safe?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically i have no reason to use freeshop if i have CIAngel.
I read somewhere that the tickets the CIAngel installs are somehow not good? that they might be flagged by Nintendo or something? guess its not true but for to be extra safe, is it safe?
The tickets that CIAngel, FreeShop, FBI, or any future application install are identical (Barring maybe the signature data, which is random/null'd data either way).

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do i make dlc show up?
DLC very often has the same or similar name to the game. The type of the entry you currently have selected it shown on the bottom screen (It will say DLC for DLC). DLC only shows up if someone has contributed the titlekey to the community titlekey database.

tamir

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DLC very often has the same or similar name to the game. The type of the entry you currently have selected it shown on the bottom screen (It will say DLC for DLC). DLC only shows up if someone has contributed the titlekey to the community titlekey database.
Also, how can i contribute to "community titlekey database"?

Vin Bertinelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIAngel automatically handles downloading the wings.json file on startup if yours is more than 3 days old, or via the "Download wings.json" menu. For the word "space" I get 21 results (none of which are Pokemon related). For just a blank space, I get 1950 results. Make sure you're running the latest version.

Just reinstalled CIAngel, deleted and redownloaded wings.json from the app and when I type a space into the search I still get 59 results. It's a seemingly random bunch of games too, most of which being Pokemon and Game and Watch.

1fd02a384f.jpg

I should add that it used to work, this happened to me yesterday after I accessed the eShop and it deleted my DLC. I went into CIAngel to reinstall and couldn't find anything when I searched.

Last edited by Vin Bertinelli,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just reinstalled CIAngel, deleted and redownloaded wings.json from the app and when I type a space into the search I still get 59 results. It's a seemingly random bunch of games too, most of which being Pokemon and Game and Watch.

1fd02a384f.jpg

I should add that it used to work, this happened to me yesterday after I accessed the eShop and it deleted my DLC. I went into CIAngel to reinstall and couldn't find anything when I searched.
Your region is set to "all" instead of "off"

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4