Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tested myself, and wings.json downloads without issue. Are you actually having an issue downloading it, or just assumed based on the index no longer being up?

I just checked it and while it does download, it is smaller in size than from the new https site. By about 40k when I tried it, IIRC.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just checked it and while it does download, it is smaller in size than from the new https site. By about 40k when I tried it, IIRC.
I'm seeing a ~6KB difference, about 30 titles, 8 don't have encrypted titlekeys yet, 8 have fully Japanese names and wouldn't show up in search results, 7 are demos. So there's about 7 or 8 new titles. Definitely not 40KB of useful stuff though :)

We'll be pushing a new build soon with the new URL and HTTPS handling in it though :)

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't really feel like reading through 60 pages so yeah.

Can this be used to download JP games on a JP 3DS? If so, how would you go about searching for them?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't really feel like reading through 60 pages so yeah.

Can this be used to download JP games on a JP 3DS? If so, how would you go about searching for them?
The app doesn't currently support searching for unicode characters, only standard ASCII.
The easiest way would be to find the titleid/titlekey from that 3ds titlekey database site (Can't link to it from here), and put them in a text file called "input.txt" inside the CIAngel folder (The format is described here: https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel#inputtxt-support ). You would need to do this one by one to download multiple titles though.

Reactions: Purge

Mitchel Barron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
More info is required to be able to help. What games are failing? Have you installed those games previously using a method other than CIAngel?
Kirby trible deluxe, Luigi's mansion, super smash bros, new super Mario bros and tomodachi life. I have installed super smash bros previously with FBI and it worked. But I had to put a differemt cfw (luma3ds) on my 3ds.the same thing happened last time I used ciangel, worked for 3 games and then stopped.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but it is open source sooo... ;)
Yes... You asked if there's a way to, I said WE have no plans to do it, and I don't know if it's possible...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys, I've just pushed a new update to CIAngel, relatively small release with a couple fixes in it.

CIAngel 0.76
  • Fix issue with manual key entry
  • Switch to new titlekey database domain
Latest release is available here as always: https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases
You can use this QR code for scanning/installing in FBI:
CIAngel.php

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kirby trible deluxe, Luigi's mansion, super smash bros, new super Mario bros and tomodachi life. I have installed super smash bros previously with FBI and it worked. But I had to put a differemt cfw (luma3ds) on my 3ds.the same thing happened last time I used ciangel, worked for 3 games and then stopped.
I know Smash works (I've downloaded that game probably 6 times making sure of it since I started helping out with CIAngel), so my best guess is you have bad tickets on your system. You'll need to go in to FBI (The latest version), go to the Tickets submenu, and find the titleid of the games you're trying to download. You'll then press "A" on them, and select Delete Ticket. After you've done that, try redownloading in CIAngel, and see if it works now.

Mitchel Barron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know Smash works (I've downloaded that game probably 6 times making sure of it since I started helping out with CIAngel), so my best guess is you have bad tickets on your system. You'll need to go in to FBI (The latest version), go to the Tickets submenu, and find the titleid of the games you're trying to download. You'll then press "A" on them, and select Delete Ticket. After you've done that, try redownloading in CIAngel, and see if it works now.
I don't know if this will make a difference, but when this started happening it was when I started the eshop download for Monster Hunter 4, it asked if I'd like like download the update as well, I said yes and I got a error. 007-7004 I think it was and then I couldn't redownload anything else. But the Monster Hunter game, the update wouldn't download though

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this will make a difference, but when this started happening it was when I started the eshop download for Monster Hunter 4, it asked if I'd like like download the update as well, I said yes and I got a error. 007-7004 I think it was and then I couldn't redownload anything else. But the Monster Hunter game, the update wouldn't download though
It may be that the eShop has left your 3DS in a weird state, which is resulting in CIA's failing to install (Since it assumes there's something queued in the background?). I'm not sure how I'd even reproduce that to try debugging it...

Are you able to see the MH4 update/download anywhere and cancel it?

Mitchel Barron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It may be that the eShop has left your 3DS in a weird state, which is resulting in CIA's failing to install (Since it assumes there's something queued in the background?). I'm not sure how I'd even reproduce that to try debugging it...

It actually just failed right at the end, but still can't redownload anything.

I'll try and find the ticket and delete it

Are there tickets for updates? I still have the option to redownload the update

Mitchel Barron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhh... Yes? You'll probably be looking for 0004000e00126100 for EUR, or 0004000e00126300 for USA.
I deleted that ticket which removed the option to redownload Monster Hunter, but can still redownload the update.
I always get stuck with the weird errors. Sorry about this, I'm new to 3ds homebrew.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I deleted that ticket which removed the option to redownload Monster Hunter, but can still redownload the update.
I always get stuck with the weird errors. Sorry about this, I'm new to 3ds homebrew.
There's an "e" in this titleid, you probably deleted the one that has a "0" in that position. Make sure to compare the whole titleid :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol