Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
It does not tie to your NNID but you can redownload it until you perform a system format or delete the ticket manually.
Thanks for that, I'm buying another 3DS tomorrow, a Hyrule edition N3DSX so this will all come on handy for when i get that one up and running.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What happens if internet connection lost while installing? Just aborting the installation or will have a semi installed game?
If download/install fails, AM_CancelCIAInstall is called, which from my testing, results in 0 space usage and the CIA isn't installed (Even partially). The downside is that if you have an unstable internet connection, you may spend 20 minutes downloading/installing, your net cuts out, and now you don't have anything to show for it. Retry/resume may be a feature that can be added in the future though (If download fails, prompt the user if they want to retry from that point).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd actually love it for there to be options on whether you just want a ticket, a cia file, or neither. Increase the flexibility and improve cia creation/sharing for the masses.
Install vs CIA creation will be an option, and I personally have no interest in forcing one way or the other (Both are useful). We'll have to see what cearp ends up doing in the long run though, as it's his project

Reactions: cearp

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then use FunKeyCIA

That's an odd stance to take especially because cearp seems to want cia creation more than automatic installation. There's absolutely no reason to artificially limit what the tool can do. Personally, I could foresee some users wanting to install the tickets and go through the more friendly UX of the eShop. I could also see people wanting to download the CIA to share with their friends. There are really a multitude of use cases for CIAngel so I vote in favor of supporting all of them (eventually, of course).

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an odd stance to take especially because cearp seems to want cia creation more than automatic installation. There's absolutely no reason to artificially limit what the tool can do. Personally, I could foresee some users wanting to install the tickets and go through the more friendly UX of the eShop. I could also see people wanting to download the CIA to share with their friends. There are really a multitude of use cases for CIAngel so I vote in favor of supporting all of them (eventually, of course).
A NEW big update to FunKeyCIA!
It can now create tickets only (use -ticketsonly)
It can now accept a encTitleKeys.bin file as input, have the file in the same directory as FunKeyCIA.
Use -keyfile to read the file, OR use -nfskeyfile and the latest fresh encTitleKeys.bin straight from 3ds.nfsho... will be downloaded and used :)
You can use -all to go through everything, or -title and write multiple title ids that you want to download.
You can still use a single title id and key if you want :)

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It can now accept a encTitleKeys.bin file as input, have the file in the same directory as FunKeyCIA.
Use -keyfile to read the file, OR use -nfskeyfile and the latest fresh encTitleKeys.bin straight from 3ds.nfsho... will be downloaded and used :)
You can use -all to go through everything, or -title and write multiple title ids that you want to download.

Can we trust 3ds.nfsho yet? Have they filtered their tickets?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we trust 3ds.nfsho yet? Have they filtered their tickets?
Everything i've downloaded so far has been valid so I would say yes
4qhdbyt.png

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What happens if internet connection lost while installing? Just aborting the installation or will have a semi installed game?
Just did some more testing of this, and while the CIA isn't installed (And no space is taken up), the ticket IS left installed. This shouldn't be an issue since we're using proper tickets (It would allow you to download it in the eShop later, for example)

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

While that's a great addition to FunKeyCIA, that doesn't change the fact that FKCIA is a CLI script on a PC whereas CIAngel is a GUI-based homebrew on the console. Its existence shouldn't serve as a way to limit CIAngel because, imo, CIAngel will be used _a lot_ more down the road. Why split all of this stuff up into 4 different projects that are either .NET, python, or homebrew? From my perspective, CIAngel can angel itself to become the one stop "shop" for downloading content. Once it gets a fully realized GUI, it could look similar to the eShop or the App Store and have an options menu for how the user wants to import/save the content. I can't really imagine a reason to artificially limit what it can do beyond "meh, I don't want to do it."

This is more of a philosophical discussion on the project and probably shouldn't come about at the moment.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait hold up a sec, this can install tickets from a downloaded encTitleKeys.bin? So it can basically make the majority of the eShop be free for your device?!

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...