Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy hell I leave for a little while and all of a sudden there is a pirate eshop downloader.... Man this is incredible work. Can't say I've ever seen an on console system like this before. Soon as you have it tidied up and get the progress bar working this will be bad ass
Yeah once it has like a selection menu for games with no need to manually touch tittle IDs or anything we can have the 3ds equivalent to installous or appcake for iPhone. This could end up being realllyyy sweet:) good job @cearp

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very tempted to make a mod of this that has a database of Title IDs and keys to download games from a list.
I'll prolly release it on that iso site or somewhere similar.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or maybe one that reads the keys on a file on the sd?

Reactions: 4gionz

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently working on straight install instead of creating a CIA, can't guarantee it'll work but it doesn't seem too difficult. I'll probably take a stab at a progress bar during this as well, or once I'm done, not sure which.

Very tempted to make a mod of this that has a database of Title IDs and keys to download games from a list.
I'll prolly release it on that iso site or somewhere similar.

Or maybe one that reads the keys on a file on the sd?
Cearp has already added functionality to download encTitleKeys.bin to the app. Right now it doesn't have any sort of menu system though, so making it so you can pick things without typing the title ID will take a bit of work. There would also need to be some DB implemented that maps title IDs to actual names (And as cearp has mentioned, this will run into issues with non-english titles most likely).

Reactions: Seriel

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible that Nintendo detects a pirate using this?
No credentials are sent to the Nintendo CDN while downloading files. Could they IP ban you? Probably, but I doubt they will. Could they console ban you? Maybe, though I don't believe your console ID is sent at all either, and apparently it's easy to bypass a console ban anyways.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
So I've downloaded all the tickets, took about 15 mins, now what? cant seem to use sd card to search for anything comes back with an error, can i not sue all the stuff I've just downloaded into the ticket folder?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I know, the ticket stuff cearp added is used to create ticket files you can install with FBI, then download games directly from the eShop. I don't believe he has usage documented anywhere (Not even sure if it's considered complete yet).

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
As far as I know, the ticket stuff cearp added is used to create ticket files you can install with FBI, then download games directly from the eShop. I don't believe he has usage documented anywhere (Not even sure if it's considered complete yet).
Can you just install a ticket.db dumped from Decrypt9 on X 3ds and install it with Fbi on Y 3ds?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've downloaded all the tickets, took about 15 mins, now what? cant seem to use sd card to search for anything comes back with an error, can i not sue all the stuff I've just downloaded into the ticket folder?

Trust me. There is documentation on .tik files. Look around on that chaos site. Look into the tutorials section. It's stickied.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trust me. There is documentation on .tik files. Look around on that chaos site. Look into the tutorials section. It's stickied.
Honestly, I haven't even looked at the ticket stuff cearp added, I just know he hasn't documented what HIS implementation does anywhere (Hence why someone posted confused about what it's good for), I didn't say that .tik in general isn't documented :)

And a sneak peak at what I've been working on:
http://i.imgur.com/yevSgT2.jpg

Reactions: cearp and DogParty

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I haven't even looked at the ticket stuff cearp added, I just know he hasn't documented what HIS implementation does anywhere (Hence why someone posted confused about what it's good for), I didn't say that .tik in general isn't documented :)

And a sneak peak at what I've been working on:
http://i.imgur.com/yevSgT2.jpg
Nice sneak peak. But does that download and then install? Or does it just install while downloading?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice sneak peak. But does that download and then install? Or does it just install while downloading?
Install while downloading, no temporary content or CIA files are created. It's about the fastest way to get the game from the CDN to your 3DS, outside of maybe the eShop

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
Can we just download using CIAngel and install the tik file using FBI and then download the game from eshop, presume that makes the game legit and ties too the nnid

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Install while downloading, no temporary content or CIA files are created. It's about the fastest way to get the game from the CDN to your 3DS, outside of maybe the eShop

What happens if internet connection lost while installing? Just aborting the installation or will have a semi installed game?

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ticket lets you play the game :)
when we install cias, we get tickets installed (and content)
if we install a GOOD ticket, we can redownload content from eshop, if we can see that content in our country's eshop.
if you want more details just read 3dbrew

I know that the site that hosts the db has regions listed for each title; do you know if that's derived from the titleId/metadata? If so, we could only generate tickets for match regions which would greatly reduce download times. Either way, that should def be a field whenever we move to a new db format, imo

You get this working right and it will completely remove the need for the .tik file usage.

I'd actually love it for there to be options on whether you just want a ticket, a cia file, or neither. Increase the flexibility and improve cia creation/sharing for the masses.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the site that hosts the db has regions listed for each title; do you know if that's derived from the titleId/metadata? If so, we could only generate tickets for match regions which would greatly reduce download times. Either way, that should def be a field whenever we move to a new db format, imo

I'd actually love it for there to be options on whether you just want a ticket, a cia file, or neither. Increase the flexibility and improve cia creation/sharing for the masses.
Then use FunKeyCIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?