• Views 7,200,685
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Added permanent shader cache Everytime a previously unknown shader is loaded, the shader and all releated renderstate information cached in a file. When CEMU boots a game, it will use the cached information to reconstruct all known shaders right away
This is plausible!

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't blame a whole country because of some shit guys that don't have a little of notion
There's a lot more Brazilians really helping the project (donating, divulging, helping with compatibility list, etc) than doing wrong things...
You seemed to have missed (or deliberately ignored) the last line of my post. I'm not referring to an entire country and theres no need to get overly defensive. :P
Also, since a lot of people already seeing this emulator as an "commercial product", I think that the minimum is to fulfil the expectations regards fast development
I really think that Exzap is aware of all of this
The DRM used in patreons version for now, at least don't take a lot of development time and focus mainly regards to identifies who is acting wrong than restrict use of the patreon version
That's why I think that he have better things to focus on than a lot of DRM-shitness
Thats precisely the problem though; the people who who only first heard of Cemu and simply downloaded a leaked version on "certain" forums are more likely to simply view Cemu as a "commercial product" they are pirating (and thus expect faster results) rather than the people who have been closely following this thread/project and are fully aware it's not intended for public use nor is it officially released and is still very early in it's development.
Any implications of the side-effects of trying to prevent others from leaking/pirating a Patreon build/violating Patreon TOU is still simply conjecture however. Patreon is also simply a service and expecting content creators to not abide by their own rules/TOU would just be silly.

Last edited by Darkemaste,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

octra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Cemu 1.4.2 Changelog
  • Added shader cache (reduces stutter after repeated sessions)
  • New texture loader (reduces stutter)
  • Added region and language selection
  • Generally improved compatibility in multiple ways
  • Various smaller changes

I like the new language selector! Thx! :)

Last edited by octra,

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
YES! Some sort of shader caching was EXACTLY what I was hoping for (actually I asked about it but I reckon that wasn't what made Exzap decide to go in that direction ;P )! I find those stutters worse than a few fps under 60 in some games.
We'll see how well this works after testing.

@karmarrara : at least 5$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: