• Likes 283

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to @Kristiqn5 for the help. :)

Splatoon on Cemu using the Steam controller's gyro controls. Good lord.

I can't stand playing Splatoon on Gyro, but Portal 2 plays FANTASTIC with gyro, but a lot of people tend to prefer playing Splatoon with gyro controls. Eh. Haha

Last edited by Selim873,

tuanming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators have always been high on hardware requirements, specifically the CPU department. If your GPU don't support OpenGL 4.5 then most likely your crappy computer don't even stand a chance at emulating at full speed using OpenGL 3.3. It like people with low-end PCs expect their inferior integrated GPU or outdated video card to be on the same level as a modern day mid-range GPU. It just not going to happen.

@Exzap

You should focus on what's good for the emulator, not what good for people with low-end specs computers. These low-end specs PCs won't have a freaking chance at running the emulator at full-speed or playable speed, so why bother? Therefore, you shouldn't even waste your time/effort to please a small group of users who have low-end specs computers.

Last edited by tuanming,

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to come of rude, but if you keep the source closed and force people to opengl 4.5...
I think the emulator might lose its purpose altogether, if nobody can use it, then what's the point in building it?
At least for me and many people I know who are testing this emulator, it's not a change we would like too see.

forced? Dude, no one is forcing you to use this emulator since it is free of use. You have to understand that this emulator needs cutting edge features in order to work as intended. Why should exzap sacrifice compability just because some users have outdated Graphics card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We would like to support as many systems as possible, but if the Wii U can do something that your computer hardware can't do (and as such cannot directly emulate) then you are out of luck. The decision to move to a more recent OpenGL version is due to technical limitations, it's not an arbitrary choice.

Then again, nothing is final yet. We may settle with what we are currently using and revaluate at a later time.

You should really move to whats best for the emulator, and that is the newer version. People with lowend PC wont be able to run this emulator at full speed anyway.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
forced? Dude, no one is forcing you to use this emulator since it is free of use. You have to understand that this emulator needs cutting edge features in order to work as intended. Why should exzap sacrifice compability just because some users have outdated Graphics card?
True.

For @Jelmerro
If Cemu use low feature, it's impossible to the emulator to run Wii U games.
If you really don't know, Wii U games are heavier than NES - Wii games.
Think about it. If Cemu won't get advance, it won't work.

If you don't understand, please study more on IT and Computer Science for 4-5 years. These will make you smarter on programs.

Technologies are getting better and better with updates and upgrade. If you don't upgrade, your loss.
It's not @Exzap 's loss. It's yours. So don't force it.
I'll be better if the emulator keep it closed.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

AdamN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't want to come of rude, but if you keep the source closed and force people to opengl 4.5...
I think the emulator might lose its purpose altogether, if nobody can use it, then what's the point in building it?
At least for me and many people I know who are testing this emulator, it's not a change we would like too see.
If there are things that can only be done on OGL 4.5 (or even Vulkan, which requires a OGL 4.x capable hardware) then he should go for it, for the sake of visual accuracy ;)

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
True.

For Jelmerro
If Cemu use low feature, it's impossible to the emulator to run Wii U games.
If you really don't know, Wii U games are heavier than NES - Wii games.
Think about it. If Cemu won't get advance, it won't work.

If you don't understand, please study more on IT and Computer Science for 4-5 years. These will make you smarter on programs.

Technologies are getting better and better with updates and upgrade. If you don't upgrade, your loss.
It's not Exzap's loss. It's yours. So don't force it.
I'll be better if the emulator keep it closed.
Man. You know what. I really need a break with this conversation. I'll do normal stuffs like posting crap.
I'm too tired.

BTW. Guys! Do you think Ducktales Remastered works on Cemu?
It still loading to me.

Reactions: Deletedmember375690

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, according to Nvidia's website, a gtx 960, 970, and 980 all support open gl 4.4. Only the 980ti currently supports 4.5. So no, not even mid range and most high end cards will be able to make cemu run. Exzap is basically cutting out 95 percent of gamers if he goes this route. I've got a 960, and just bought this PC less than 2 months ago.

Here for example, is the gtx 980 specifications. It clearly says open gl 4.4:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980/specifications

Read it and weep. Would be cheaper just to buy an actual wii u with all the games you want.

Last edited by blazed1979,
Reactions: Deletedmember375690

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, according to Nvidia's website, a gtx 960, 970, and 980 all support open gl 4.4. Only the 980ti currently supports 4.5. So no, not even mid range and most high end cards will be able to make cemu run. Exzap is basically cutting out 95 percent of gamers if he goes this route. I've got a 960, and just bought this PC less than 2 months ago.

Here for example, is the gtx 980 specifications. It clearly says open gl 4.4:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980/specifications

Read it and weep. Would be cheaper just to buy an actual wii u with all the games you want.

You know that the 980 Ti through to the 950 are all of the same architecture right? They all support the same level of API's and background languages such as OGL 4.5. The only reason I suspect the 980 Ti page is the only one with it listed is the fact that it was most likely released when OGL 4.5 was standard in Nvidia's drivers. Any language that the 980 Ti can do, the lower Maxwell cards can as well.

As a matter of fact, here is the page that lists all OGL 4.5 compatible cards (Curtesy of Xenia's website). Maybe you could add this to the front post @Exzap ?

Last edited by Mike19,

Aiscrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
New version of my modified Autohotkey magnifier for Intel GPU cemu users. Now it starts with the click through enabled and has better coordinates for the zoomed portion of the screen. You must put cemu window at a top left position and put the magnifier aligned with the top left of the full canvas stretching it until it touches the really rendered game, but not going over it and up to the bottom of the window. Use shift + click to click through the magnifier.

Code:
OnExit handle_exit

Gui,  +AlwaysOnTop  +Owner +Resize +ToolWindow ; window for the dock
  Gui, Show, NoActivate w400 h400 x300 y50 , PrintScreen
  zoom = 4
  antialize = 1
  Gui, Add, Slider, vdelay x220 y0  Range15-200
  Gui, Add, Text, x340 y12 w80  vdelay2

WinGet PrintScreenID, id  ,PrintScreen  ;
  WinSet, Transparent , 254, PrintScreen

;retrieve the unique ID number (HWND/handle) of that window
  WinGet, PrintSourceID, id

hotkey , +$LButton    , click_through

toolbar_def:=35
  toolbar := toolbar_def
  follow := 1

hdd_frame := DllCall( "GetDC", UInt, PrintSourceID )
  hdc_frame := DllCall( "GetDC", UInt, PrintScreenID )

hdc_buffer := DllCall("gdi32.dll\CreateCompatibleDC", UInt,  hdc_frame)  ; buffer
  hbm_buffer := DllCall("gdi32.dll\CreateCompatibleBitmap", UInt,hdc_frame, Int,A_ScreenWidth, Int,A_ScreenHeight)

WinSet Region,, PrintScreen
  toolbar := -32 ; height of window title
  GuiControl, Hide, zoom

Gosub, Repaint
return

click_through:
    if follow = 1
    {
      Gui, Hide
      Send, {Click}
      SetTimer, Repaint , Off
      Gui, Show
      SetTimer, Repaint, %delay%
    }
Return

Repaint:

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen           
   MouseGetPos, mouse_x, mouse_y             ;  position of mouse
   start_x = 1080
   start_y = 140
   Gui, Submit, NoHide                       ; needed to read the dropdown and slidervalue
   GuiControl,, delay2 , delay %delay% ms
   WinGetPos, wx, wy, ww, wh , PrintScreen

wh2 := wh - toolbar

DllCall( "gdi32.dll\SetStretchBltMode", "uint", hdc_frame, "int", 4 * antialize )  ; Halftone better quality with stretch

DllCall("gdi32.dll\StretchBlt", UInt,hdc_frame, Int,0, Int,toolbar, Int,ww, Int,wh - toolbar
          , UInt,hdd_frame, Int
          , start_x-(ww / 2 / zoom)
          , Int,start_y -( wh2 / 2/zoom), Int,ww / zoom, Int,wh2 / zoom ,UInt,0xCC0020) ; SRCCOPY

SetTimer, Repaint , %delay%
Return

GuiClose:
handle_exit:
   DllCall("gdi32.dll\DeleteObject", UInt,hbm_buffer)
   DllCall("gdi32.dll\DeleteDC", UInt,hdc_frame )
   DllCall("gdi32.dll\DeleteDC", UInt,hdd_frame )
   DllCall("gdi32.dll\DeleteDC", UInt,hdc_buffer)
ExitApp

Last edited by Aiscrim,

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know that the 980 Ti through to the 950 are all of the same architecture right? They all support the same level of API's and background languages such as OGL 4.5. The only reason I suspect the 980 Ti page is the only one with it listed is the fact that it was most likely released when OGL 4.5 was standard in Nvidia's drivers. Any language that the 980 Ti can do, the lower Maxwell cards can as well.

As a matter of fact, here is the page that lists all OGL 4.5 compatible cards (Curtesy of Xenia's website). Maybe you could add this to the front post @Exzap ?

Are you going to trust an emulator site's word over the official NVidia web site?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
my computer can support opengl with 4.4 but not 4.5 :blink:, with intel hd graphics 5500
Hate to break it to you but the integrated graphics in your computer probably would not be able to handle the finished product in a satisfactory manner anyway. If your computer is a desktop maybe consider getting a small dedicated card? I would highly recommend the 750 Ti or 750. They are crazy cheap (some 750's are going for $120 USD) and only sip power thus not usually requiring a PSU upgrade or extra PSU connectors at all. All this in a nice OGL 4.5 package :).

Are you going to trust an emulator site's word over the official NVidia web site?

I only stated where I got the address from because Xenia is also making great use of OGL 4.5. The website is in fact unrelated to the emulation scene and is completely accurate. Just be happy that your 960 can run OGL 4.5. You have nothing to complain about and neither should most people. If people want to use this emulator then they need to have hardware that is at least somewhat recent and capable to run the finished program in its intended state. Many people seem to think that old 2000's cards like the Geforce 200 series will be enough to do so but I think its safe to say that is not going to be the case.

Last edited by Mike19,

Aiscrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hate to break it to you but the integrated graphics in your computer probably would not be able to handle the finished product in a satisfactory manner anyway. If your computer is a desktop maybe consider getting a small dedicated card? I would highly recommend the 750 Ti or 750. They are crazy cheap (some 750's are going for $120 USD) and only sip power thus not usually requiring a PSU upgrade or extra PSU connectors at all. All this in a nice OGL 4.5 package :).

Don't kick us notebook users out of the game just yet, I run cemu with Intel HD 4400 and am quite happy. There are lots of factors to count into in fact. The finished product will have lots of optimizations and may or may not exclude my kind of machine. I can run games at Dolphin at 60 FPS...Intel HD graphics are not garbage at least. Also, pay heed to the desktop general decline in user preference. As I told other user in the past, I've DECIDED to drop desktop.

I won't press @Exzap in any direction and will respect his decisions, but you shouldn't say "you are too cheap to be here", I'm putting some effort in getting the best experience from cemu and even be helpful to the community if I can.

And yes...I know you weren't talking to me.

Last edited by Aiscrim,

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't kick us notebook users out of the game just yet, I run cemu with Intel HD 4400 (if I remember my own specs well) and am quite happy. There's a lot to count into in fact. The finished product will have lots of optimizations and may or may not exclude my kind of machine. I can run games at Dolphin at 60 FPS...Intel HD graphics are not garbage at least. Also, pay heed to the desktop general decline in user preference.

I won't press @Exzap in any direction and will respect his decisions, but don't say "you are too cheap to be here", I'm putting some effort in getting the best experience from cemu and even be helpful to the community if I can.

Hahaha I see your point. You have been making some great progress getting the Intel chips more accessible and thats great! I was more just coming from the angle that the fact that Exzap even mentioned the possibility/need to swap versions indicates some major differences when comparing the future of CEMU and the current Dolphin. While Intel chips have definitely come long ways in their graphical capabilities (HD4600 served me well before my 970), the lack of standard features such as OGL 4.5 even in the newest Skylake chips are probably going to be very limiting in getting them running similar to todays Dolphin emulation.

Its not so much a "you are too cheap" thing, more of an unfortunate situation for the laptop users who were left out of the OGL 4.5 fiasco with their integrated chips. (I honestly believe that it should have been included in at least the 4600 graphics but here we are).

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
How would you know if it is accurate? You come off as arrogant and rude.
Its just hard to walk the fine line of who is actually using the emulator for its intended meaning or those who are in it just for the piracy. Those who are following the programs development and who are interested in more than just piracy would fully understand where Exzap is coming from with this potential change. Those who are not are most likely to complain that they cant run it on their somewhat ageing hardware without even stopping to think why.

As for accuracy, even Wikipedia says so (even as far back as the 400 series cards) here.

Last edited by Mike19,
Reactions: Deleted User

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its just hard to walk the fine line of who is actually using the emulator for its intended meaning or those who are in it just for the piracy. Those who are following the programs development and who are interested in more than just piracy would fully understand where Exzap is coming from with this potential change. Those who are not are most likely to complain that they cant run it on their somewhat ageing hardware without even stopping to think why.

As for accuracy, even Wikipedia says so (even as far back as the 400 series cards) here.

A 960 is NOT an old card. That is my issue. Now your using Wikipedia to back up your claims of accuracy? LOL, yeah, okay... Maybe Exzap should make a list of compatible cards to clear this issue up.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol