• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

myowfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay. Didn't know that but I don't intend to so it was just out of curiosity.

That makes sense. Wish Nintendo would've made the GamePad to have an excellent HD screen but they didn't. :(

EDIT: Removed "it".

A lot of the GamePad's perceived lack of sharpness comes from compression, not it's resolution. If you look at any of the ads they send to the GamePad, they're pretty sharp. So, by making the screen HD, it would have not only added an un-needed amount of extra strain on the console, but a lot of the added detail probably would have been compressed out and moments with a lot of motion would have broken down more.

tuanming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who says or claims that an over clocked 4790K @5ghz don't improve fps is either lying, fails at fps monitoring, or is simply a noob. I don't need to claims that I have a 5ghz cpu, I have a video on YT unlike someone who claims to have. "5.1ghz" i7 and it doesn't boost fps :rolleyes:

I bet someone will say that this video is fake because the "fps is too high or video looks fishy".

Last edited by tuanming,

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an i7 4790k as well, my 430w psu (along with a gtx 750 ti) doesn't do it. I tried overclocking to 4.7 once, it actually booted, but my cpu was scoring lower on benchmarks. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I really pushed my luck with 5.0 ghz, after that it wouldn't even boot to the bios. Should get my 750w psu soon.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

tuanming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an i7 4790k as well, my 430w psu (along with a gtx 750 ti) doesn't do it. I tried overclocking to 4.7 once, it actually booted, but my cpu was scoring lower on benchmarks. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I really pushed my luck with 5.0 ghz, after that it wouldn't even boot to the bios. Should get my 750w psu soon.

That PSU was not designed for overclocking or benchmark friendly. That explains why you got a lowered score. If you have a unstable, insufficient hardware, or an unbalanced setup/system then most likely you will get lower performance when you push your system to its limit.

temptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tuanming your fps are too high and video looks fishy... lol jk

I knew CEMU was CPU demanding but you seriously haven't gained any fps when switching from GTX 580Ti to a GTX 980Ti? Wow..
Duh, even having 6 cores and 12 threads and a gtx980ti didn't make a noticeable change, I guess that TotalInsanity4 is saying it right in his recent post.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

A lot of the GamePad's perceived lack of sharpness comes from compression, not it's resolution. If you look at any of the ads they send to the GamePad, they're pretty sharp. So, by making the screen HD, it would have not only added an un-needed amount of extra strain on the console, but a lot of the added detail probably would have been compressed out and moments with a lot of motion would have broken down more.
Well, since that then they should've just released it on 3DS and given Wii U owners Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who says or claims that an over clocked 4790K @5ghz don't improve fps is either lying, fails at fps monitoring, or is simply a noob. I don't need to claims that I have a 5ghz cpu, I have a video on YT unlike someone who claims to have. "5.1ghz" i7 and it doesn't boost fps :rolleyes:

I bet someone will say that this video is fake because the "fps is too high or video looks fishy".
them are some sexy temps bruv, what do you use for cooling, obviously watercooling but is it a custom loop or what? im struggling to keep a solid 4.7GHz on my 4690k with a noctua nh-d14 xD

cyrax33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for this being off-topic, but I just came across another emulator called "CEmu" that emulates graphing calculators:
https://github.com/MateoConLechuga/CEmu

Cool! Does it emulate Dolphin? :D

them are some sexy temps bruv, what do you use for cooling, obviously watercooling but is it a custom loop or what? im struggling to keep a solid 4.7GHz on my 4690k with a noctua nh-d14 xD

sexy temps lol! I didnt know temperatures were good looking.

Reactions: Growlith1223

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All air cool bro. The cpu has been professional delided. It has been said that it will shave off 10-20C.
Ah you got it delidded, i thought about doing that, not sure yet tho xD i know how to do it, i've done it before, just never got a very good result off of it lol

tuanming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tuanming your fps are too high and video looks fishy... lol jk

I knew CEMU was CPU demanding but you seriously haven't gained any fps when switching from GTX 580Ti to a GTX 980Ti? Wow..

Duh, even having 6 cores and 12 threads and a gtx980ti didn't make a noticeable change, I guess that TotalInsanity4 is saying it right in his recent post.

Don't underestimate the GTX 580 3GB Edition when it comes to emulation. It has enough power to run PCSX2, Dolphin, and Cemu emulators. Although, having 6GB+ of VRAM is nice for future proofing, and to play modern PC games. Maybe if the API was coded for DX9/11/12 it may have tell a different fps story but for now OpenGL 3.3 make ALMOST zero difference when comparing a GTX 580 3GB and a GTX 6GB 980 Ti.

Base on my experiences with emulators, Nvidia is the clear winner in emulation. There's a thread that discussed the topic about this on PCSX2 forums. So, if you want the best possible emulation experience, go Nvidia ;) In my opinion, TotalInsanity4 knows what he's talking about.

Ah you got it delidded, i thought about doing that, not sure yet tho xD i know how to do it, i've done it before, just never got a very good result off of it lol

I'd rather pay $50 to have someone do it professionally on a $300 CPU. Check out Silicon Lottery ;)

Last edited by tuanming,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, TotalInsanity4 knows what he's talking about.
Actually, I'd argue that I rarely know what I'm doing ever :P However, I do know a thing or to about computer hardware and at least a little bit about software, particularly emulators. (Which is not to say I can code, I know absolutely shit about actually making a program :wink:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge