Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Exzap :

thanks for releasing and working on this emulator.
I hope you won't get too much distracted by all the users begging for release/update/sources/progress/etc.

I wanted to ask :
Is there already savegame management?
The game is accessing and creating the save path?
Loadiine seems to crash when it can't access the save. (for example mario kart 8 access Miimaker save, etc.)

I would like to know the internal folder architecture, which are each folder's use, etc.
like 00050000 is for disc based game, 00050010 for system title (miimaker)?, etc.
if your emulator is also emulating the internal file system, do you have a list of folders used by games?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Emulation of your own roms is legal ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_v._Accolade ) as long as you dump them yourself, nintendo just lies about it, and honestly, I don't get how they get away with it.
Actually, not entirely, due to the DMCA circumventing copy protection can be deemed illegal.
Sure but that's also like Pirate Bay saying they never hosted the actual files people were downloading, only the 500KB torrent file allowing them to connect. Gaming companies aren't getting hit as hard as Hollywood though so we haven't seen a big crack down on things like this.
Not exactly, emulator authors never even as much as hint at where you can find ROMs or provide a way to get them.
A more accurate comparison would be a torrent client. Yes it can be used to perform illegal acts but they don't tell you where or how to do that and it's your own responsibility what you do with it.

Goldenight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all this non sense about things been illegal and such, did you know stalking and or spying is illegal?, yet our own government does it against us with the nsa. to the people that are against this emulator i have a question for you, why are you here?

just look what this guy did over on reddit . his only purpose is to destroy whatever this community accomplish.

if he don't like us then please by all mean leaves us be, and stay out of our sight

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
to every one who is like begging for release/update/sources/progress/etc.

how about you calm down & chillax?

its matter of time we learn the roadmap and whats next.

yesterday we had no Wii U emu, and today we do. be happy.

Last edited by Flame,

Minuteworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know why people give a shit about the legalities of this. like why do you care? honestly? are you THAT loyal to a fucking company that'd you'd say emulators are illegal and the people that use them are thieves? why do you care about what people do in their time? it's their life, they can do whatever they damn well please. you wanna download an emulator and/or download some isos? go for it. how does this effect you in any way? "oh no my favorite multi MILLION dollar company might lose sales boo hoo"

did you know people who are fans of nintendo actually find projects like these and try to bitch to nintendo about it because it might be "infringing on their rights"

just stop being fanboys.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know why people give a shit about the legalities of this. like why do you care? honestly? are you THAT loyal to a fucking company that'd you'd say emulators are illegal and the people that use them are thieves? why do you care about what people do in their time? it's their life, they can do whatever they damn well please. you wanna download an emulator and/or download some isos? go for it. how does this effect you in any way? "oh no my favorite multi MILLION dollar company might lose sales boo hoo"

did you know people who are fans of nintendo actually find projects like these and try to bitch to nintendo about it because it might be "infringing on their rights"

just stop being fanboys.

Thank you!!! I really wish that people would stop being so damn loyal to corporations.

MF13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried it with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (because it's one of the smaller game files :D), and everytimes when loading the .rpx file, the emulator crashes... I'm running WIndows 8.1 Professional 64Bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson