• Likes 283

TkGlitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Satoshi121
I'm always starting fresh and rebuilding caches by playing to be free of any potential compatibility issue between versions, and it has made my CEMU experience pretty smooth so far. Since I don't own many games it's not too bad. I'd probably copy old ones over if I had more games though. Also, while I like testing CEMU with stock CPU clocks (as well as on an old i5 760 I have in a secondary machine), overclocking it to 5GHz provides far more caching speed and improved compilation times (though Zelda still runs at a locked 15fps no matter what), but it's definitely not an option for everyone.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I decrypted the update, and manually replaced all of the files on a different copy of the game. Loaded it up, and got the same crash.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Update v64
No DLC added

Any ideas why the game is crashing for me? It can't be Wii U Helper, and it looks like other people are getting the game to work. I'm completely stumped with this.

Last edited by Kurt91,

LitchiTheCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, I decrypted the update, and manually replaced all of the files on a different copy of the game. Loaded it up, and got the same crash.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Update v64
No DLC added

Any ideas why the game is crashing for me? It can't be Wii U Helper, and it looks like other people are getting the game to work. I'm completely stumped with this.
You can follow this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/4eis50/tutorial_how_to_get_new_super_mario_bros_u/

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still didn't work. Do you think that since that guide was made before the version of Cemu that runs updates, that the files needed are slightly different?

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does it crash ? At the "press 1/2" start menu ?
The music starts, the logo comes on, you see the four playable characters do a ground-pound, and it says "Press A". I press the button, the music hiccups repeatedly for about half a second, and the emulator crashes.

It only happens when trying to run the updated game. Normally, I'd just go back to playing the game without the update, but I can't play multiplayer without it, and my little brother REALLY wants to be able to play with me.

Lightpost7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, in one release's time, he killed pretty much all of BotW's issues? O_O
Now I want to see someone still claiming he's deliberately slowing down progress ;)

But of course, all those people who kept saying that Exzap's gonna slow down the development to get lots of milk from this game will come up with another reason (disguised as "criticism") to bash him and spread more hate.

There's already one saying that the devs are simply satisfied with the money they get from thankful supporters and that the devs are being honest and dishonest at the same time with the way they take advantage of people's willingness to donate.

Some are even saying things like its a 'proven fact' that the devs are actually using Wii U code that's why he's able to achieve such fast progress and that it's the only legit reason why Cemu is closed-source. :-/

If they can't prove what they're saying, then that means that they're just here to spread more hate in the world. All we have to do is ignore them.

Last edited by Lightpost7,

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is patreon a one off payment and you'll get patreon build every time it's released?
No. Whatever you pledge you pay that much per month. So $5 USD x 12 months.

EDIT: You can obviously cancel your pledge but you would no longer get whatever perk you pledged at.

Last edited by Xalphenos,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Satoshi121
I'm always starting fresh and rebuilding caches by playing to be free of any potential compatibility issue between versions, and it has made my CEMU experience pretty smooth so far. Since I don't own many games it's not too bad. I'd probably copy old ones over if I had more games though. Also, while I like testing CEMU with stock CPU clocks (as well as on an old i5 760 I have in a secondary machine), overclocking it to 5GHz provides far more caching speed and improved compilation times (though Zelda still runs at a locked 15fps no matter what), but it's definitely not an option for everyone.
How in the name of Jesusiraptor rex did you clock i5 760 to 5Ghz?

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The progress they have done in just one update...I know I shouldn't probably be surprised anymore given how fast they got the game launching after its official release, but still. This is incredible! And from what I heard on reddit, TPHD's flickering is completely gone? Even better! Now that damn picto box issue in WWHD. xD

Thank you Exzap and the rest of the dev team for your incredible work! :D

Reactions: AceofZeroz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)