• Start date
  • Views 7,255,810
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
One would hope it would increase fps since mipmapping loads lowest resolution textures at the distance furtherst from the screen, I maybe wrong but atm it either selects the highest or lowest quality texture set for everything.

Reactions: donkeyhigh

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well there could be other emulator or game-developers here, with experience in mip-mapping.

The only people who can answer the question, are those who have seen it running. No one knows how CEMU is being implemented, so no one can really say for sure what affect mipmapping will have on game performance.

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
Mip mapping helps speeding up things on real hardware, but emulating it is another matter I expect performance to take a hit in the next version.

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@FloatingFatMan

The only people who can answer the question, are those who have seen it running. No one knows how CEMU is being implemented, so no one can really say for sure what affect mipmapping will have on game performance.

Well, so here we have your opinion.

One would hope it would increase fps since mipmapping loads lowest resolution textures at the distance furtherst from the screen, I maybe wrong but atm it either selects the highest or lowest quality texture set for everything.

Here's another.
Mip mapping helps speeding up things on real hardware, but emulating it is another matter I expect performance to take a hit in the next version.

And here's yet another.
Now who's right, I don't know. That's why I asked. Also, try formulating yourself a little better. Your first reply made you sound like a wise-ass. You're not a wise-ass, are you?

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@FloatingFatMan

Well, so here we have your opinion.

Here's another.

And here's yet another.
Now who's right, I don't know. That's why I asked. Also, try formulating yourself a little better. Your first reply made you sound like a wise-ass. You're not a wise-ass, are you?
it will be a speed up it's just another thing done by the gpu instead of the cpu and it will also lower vram usage which is great more head room

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
it will be a speed up it's just another thing done by the gpu instead of the cpu and it will also lower vram usage which is great more head room
It wasn't done at all before. The purpose of mipmapping is primarily to mitigate aliasing artefacts, not improve performance (memory bandwidth is not an issue here). Likely more texture decoding work will have to be done, and more VRAM (~33%) must be used to store the image pyramid.

R.Brasil

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the truth is that I 'm not too worried about speed, I would like to see the emulator starting new games like Mario Party 10 , Donkey Kong TF , Yoshi woolly world , tekken tag 2 and etc ...

Reactions: Esppiral

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Honestly theres been something I've kinda been wanting to ask since I found out about invisible coins on Nvidia and haven't really seen it mentioned so far... are red coins visible? And if so, what sets them apart from regular coins?

Unlimax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its interesting that we are progressing to Mipmapping and hopefully beyond that
judging by some screenshots ..
there seems to be some downgrade in quality and edges using Mipmapping in the upcoming release .. optimization is a number one thing for a successful emulation , as long as it doesn't affect the quality
I fully support any progressing coming from the Cemu team .. i believe in them :)

Reactions: Re_deleteR

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its interesting that we are progressing to Mipmapping and hopefully beyond that
judging by some screenshots ..
there seems to be some downgrade in quality and edges using Mipmapping in the upcoming release .. optimization is a number one thing for a successful emulation , as long as it doesn't affect the quality
I fully support any progressing coming from the Cemu team .. i believe in them :)

Uhm, isn't mipmapping something that's also done by the original games/console? If it is, then it's actually more accurate emulation rather than optimization.

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Honestly theres been something I've kinda been wanting to ask since I found out about invisible coins on Nvidia and haven't really seen it mentioned so far... are red coins visible? And if so, what sets them apart from regular coins?

Pretty sure red coins are visible, honestly can't remember if I'm thinking about Mario Maker, 3D World or NSMBU. But I believe it's NSMBU in my mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @SylverReZ common england l