• Start date
  • Views 7,195,504
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice video, just to let u know at 2:08 you were talking about DirectX and the Cemu team did talk about it as i quote in they're website FAQ
but for anything below DirectX12 I do not know. Also you spell different wrong rofl

Will you add a DX12 graphics backend? It would improve speed!

Despite what you may have heard, DX12 will not magically increase speed. It does perform better in some situations but none of those apply to Cemu. Additionally, performance isn't really a concern since OpenGL can be very fast if properly used. Featurewise, modern OpenGL and DX12 are equal, so ultimately there is not really any reason to support DX12.
At times like this, it's worth remembering that a few pages back @Exzap confirmed that cemu was still running on an interpreter, which is a problem that would likely need to be solved before any extensive graphics optimization could prove effective.

Mr.D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will these specs be able to play cemu (for testing Purposes) at its current state

core2 duo e8200 (i know I need to upgrade)
radeon r5 240
2gb of ram
60gb os
160gb games
win 7 64bit

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow it's running this fast on interpreter? That should say something about the power of the Wii U.
Not necessarily, it could also indicate that the Wii U's instruction sets are much more similar to a PC's than previous consoles
will these specs be able to play cemu (for testing Purposes) at its current state

core2 duo e8200 (i know I need to upgrade)
radeon r5 240
2gb of ram
60gb os
160gb games
win 7 64bit
Your CPU is too weak, considering the Wii U alone is a triple core system

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ayyyyy got Super Mario 3D World Running!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Not necessarily, it could also indicate that the Wii U's instruction sets are much more similar to a PC's than previous consoles"

I wouldn't say that, the Wii U is Powerpc base (Similar to older Macs and XB 360) which is (Much?) different than x86. What is similar however is the GPU which is based on a Radeon HD 2000-ish card plus the DDR3 ram.

Last edited by Floppy Fork,
Reactions: AdamN

Mr.D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily, it could also indicate that the Wii U's instruction sets are much more similar to a PC's than previous consoles

Your CPU is too weak, considering the Wii U alone is a triple core system
What cpu should I get because I am looking for a good modern alternative that has good single core performance

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What cpu should I get because I am looking for a good modern alternative that has good single core performance
If you're on a budget an Overclocked Pentium G3258 Can beat a i5 and (sometimes) an i7 in single core performance.
If you're not then a i7 6700K will destroy everything.

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not here, it wasn't getting past 30fps, so it was running at half speed. Watch the footage again. That's how it should look normally.
i get solid 60 fps

Nice video, just to let u know at 2:08 you were talking about DirectX and the Cemu team did talk about it as i quote in they're website FAQ
but for anything below DirectX12 I do not know. Also you spell different wrong rofl

Will you add a DX12 graphics backend? It would improve speed!

Despite what you may have heard, DX12 will not magically increase speed. It does perform better in some situations but none of those apply to Cemu. Additionally, performance isn't really a concern since OpenGL can be very fast if properly used. Featurewise, modern OpenGL and DX12 are equal, so ultimately there is not really any reason to support DX12.
right now all it would do it better the cpu and maybe get better graphics that are more stable a good 15fps in some games

Typhos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to add a function to load another game while a game is loaded ? And a function to stop emulation would also be appreciated :-D

SD456

Dude
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

Does anyone knows a way to get to the next in Mario Kart 8?
When I finish the first race and I want to go the next one, Cemu crashes.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

Does anyone knows a way to get to the next in Mario Kart 8?
When I finish the first race and I want to go the next one, Cemu crashes.
What's your specs?
It's pretty rare that Cemu crash after the first race.
Here's mine finishing the entire cup(with video speed up)

BTW. I did realized that Mario Kart 8 can save data.
I can see my recent ghost racing on GBAMario Circuit.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone