• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this use ISOs or what? I can't find any Wii U games to use with it..
It's like an old arcade machine, you need to get some tokens or nickles and put them in the slot at the bottom of your computer tower. You will hear the coin as it tumbles into the change drawer, and you can play your game.

(They're WUDs for Wii U, and this uses them. The truth is out there, haven't you ever seen the X-Files?)

D

Deleted-19228

It's like an old arcade machine, you need to get some tokens or nickles and put them in the slot at the bottom of your computer tower. You will hear the coin as it tumbles into the change drawer, and you can play your game.

(They're WUDs for Wii U, and this uses them. The truth is out there, haven't you ever seen the X-Files?)

My slot pops out.

Race

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually not Trolling, I built this rig for games and 3D modeling / rendering / video / etc...
and not wanting to upgrade for a while.

Also I tried with and without SLI, Windows 7 and Windows 10 - still the same

As for the 2x Titans - I wanted the best - I could afford it at the time so I bought em + two EVGA Hybrid AIO water cooling kits.

Jesus, that's some powerful rig. Well, it seems this Wii U emulator is even worse performance/optimisation wise than the PS3 emulator (CPS3) atm. I saw a dude able to run Disgaea 4 at 40-60fps :wtf:

I would have expected the Wii U to be easier to emulate and requiring less power.

I guess it's because this is barely in alpha coding stage though.

Can't wait to see this gets completed.

I remember back in the day when I was fiddling with the GBA & N64 emulators on the PSP, fun times. And when it was hardcore to get a decent framerate on PCSX2 for a while before they optimise it...

Patience... Patience :D

emulators don't do good with SLI crossfire

I think that guy is "possibly" trolling, new account, only 1 post, lovely avatar picture, and somewhat unbelievable specs (why would someone spend $2000 on titanx's when they can just get the same performance from 2x 980ti's for half the price?)

Plus who would even need more than 1 titan x...

Last edited by Race,
Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually not Trolling, I built this rig for games and 3D modeling / rendering / video / etc...
and not wanting to upgrade for a while.

Also I tried with and without SLI, Windows 7 and Windows 10 - still the same

As for the 2x Titans - I wanted the best - I could afford it at the time so I bought em + two EVGA Hybrid AIO water cooling kits.
not the best system for 3d modeling or video rendering but good try you got all those parts because of the hype in the name Nvidia isnt very good with those things anymore most video render apps switched to opencl because of the power and speed and for 3d modeiling you need a good bit bus which the titan x doesnt have next time go for dual xeon system with some fiorepro's or quadro's because they also do well for gaming

Race

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not the best system for 3d modeling or video rendering but good try you got all those parts because of the hype in the name Nvidia isnt very good with those things anymore most video render apps switched to opencl because of the power and speed and for 3d modeiling you need a good bit bus which the titan x doesnt have next time go for dual xeon system with some fiorepro's or quadro's because they also do well for gaming

- Actually most computers with decent specs can do 3d modeling - rendering is usually done with the cpu - and the preview is usually gpu (I use MODO and Maya)
- best computers to do rendering on is XEONs
- i7 5930/5960 are Desktop/XEON Hybrids
- Quadros and Firepros are Workstation hardware, games don't utilize that type of hardware and most rendering is done on the CPU unless you opt for a third party render or maybe a render farm.

Actually It Does a pretty damn good job at everything I throw at it.
I've used Quadros and Firepros they're not very good at gaming for what they cost - most clients don't need a super high poly math/cloud/point data model.

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- Actually most computers with decent specs can do 3d modeling - rendering is usually done with the cpu - and the preview is usually gpu (I use MODO and Maya)
- best computers to do rendering on is XEONs
- i7 5930/5960 are Desktop/XEON Hybrids
- Quadros and Firepros are Workstation hardware, games don't utilize that type of hardware and most rendering is done on the CPU unless you opt for a third party render or maybe a render farm.

Actually It Does a pretty damn good job at everything I throw at it.
I've used Quadros and Firepros they're not very good at gaming for what they cost - most clients don't need a super high poly math/cloud/point data model.
x99 was horrible they don't performa like intel says and maya and modo both use full gpu as of well forever

Race

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x99 was horrible they don't performa like intel says and maya and modo both use full gpu as of well forever

I don't quite know what your talking about or for that matter what you think your talking about - so I'm going to ignore you now.

Anyway, lets get back to the subject of cemu or emulating Wii U

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't quite know what your talking about or for that matter what you think your talking about - so I'm going to ignore you now.

Anyway, lets get back to the subject of cemu or emulating Wii U

Attachments

• infinitefacepalm.jpg
    infinitefacepalm.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 268

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a Quick Question: Since Dolphin already has a PPC JIT and JITIL, could Cemu reuse some of that code for it's own JIT? They're both PowerPC, so I don't see why not.
From a technical standpoint there are too many differences to make it worthwhile adapting Dolphin's JIT for Cemu.

Cool to see more people spending time on writing portable *and* fast CPU emulators ;)

Just curious, what techniques are you using to achieve better interpreter performance? Is it a standard cached interpretation, or is it something more sophisticated like compiling to an intermediate representation and actually running optimization passes over it? If it's something more advanced, do you happen to have any interesting resources to learn about your approach?
Nothing fancy, it's just a standard interpreter. The speed boost comes from the assumptions that can made because the emulated code always runs in user mode. E.g. interrupts can be handled in HLE, paired-single mode is always on, FPU_UNAVAILABLE can be ignored, no MMU etc.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
From a technical standpoint there are too many differences to make it worthwhile adapting Dolphin's JIT for Cemu.

Nothing fancy, it's just a standard interpreter. The speed boost comes from the assumptions that can made because the emulated code always runs in user mode. E.g. interrupts can be handled in HLE, paired-single mode is always on, FPU_UNAVAILABLE can be ignored, no MMU etc.

I see. Cool to know that this suffices to get reasonable emulation performance :)

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
While i really allways enjoy new Emus popping up, my first adventure with that one came to a sudden and fast end when i saw the ink in sploot couldn't be emulated, yet xD
Now i am looking for ways around it to get to inkopolis without being able to climb walls in the tutorial xD

For now i thought of:
-Using Cheat Engine to change the current level, make a levitationbutton or freeze the value that dtermins what floortype i stand on, so i could climb any wall as a squid, but i cant seem to find any of the addresses on ramwatch.
-Changing the Savefile to skip the tutorial, which once again i got no idea where to find the address.
-Swapping szs-files, but cemu wont run extracted games, yet, nor are WUD-images manipulatable, yet afaik.

Any ideas, someone? xD
Still a great emulator so far.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While i really allways enjoy new Emus popping up, my first adventure with that one came to a sudden and fast end when i saw the ink in sploot couldn't be emulated, yet xD
Now i am looking for ways around it to get to inkopolis without being able to climb walls in the tutorial xD

For now i thought of:
-Using Cheat Engine to change the current level, make a levitationbutton or freeze the value that dtermins what floortype i stand on, so i could climb any wall as a squid, but i cant seem to find any of the addresses on ramwatch.
-Changing the Savefile to skip the tutorial, which once again i got no idea where to find the address.
-Swapping szs-files, but cemu wont run extracted games, yet, nor are WUD-images manipulatable, yet afaik.

Any ideas, someone? xD
You're actually trying to play a game?

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick bug report - if you set an external controller in your control scheme, then remove it and restart cemu, the program immediately crashes.

For now i thought of:

Any ideas, someone? xD
The easiest thing to search for is y-position, so you can hover over the level. It's a little hard to find the Y position of the character though, I just keep getting animation bone offsets.
upload_2015-12-19_22-20-8.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAWdfBiVsZs