Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Hentai 3ds theme[checked] Hentai splash screen[checked]now just missing the animation lol I know I'm a sad weeb
Maybe one day we can change the game boot aswell instead of seeing the 3DS logo, similar to PSP's custom game booting

KappaCapu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have put'd it on the root of my SD but nothing is showing up. i already renamed the arm9loaderhax.bin that was in the bootanim9 folder to arm9payload.bin and put'd it inside of the anim folder

Last edited by KappaCapu,

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I got a9lh longer than a month and my 3ds doesnt boot up when i rename the a9lh.bin to a9lh_si.bin
then you have the build where the screeninit and noscreeninit are not merged yet, and you might have the noscreeninit one. Bootanim9 needs the screeninit build, so you have to update a9lh, there's no other way.
This guide will help you update your a9lh:
https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh

Reactions: Wolfvak

KappaCapu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
then you have the build where the screeninit and noscreeninit are not merged yet, and you might have the noscreeninit one. Bootanim9 needs the screeninit build, so you have to update a9lh, there's no other way.
This guide will help you update your a9lh:
https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
i changed the name from the a9lh.bin (Bootanim9 folder) to a9lh_si.bin. Now it's showing me the animations inside my anim folder but it wont boot up into my sys/emunand

Last edited by KappaCapu,

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i changed the name from the a9lh.bin (Bootanim9 folder) to a9lh_si.bin. Now it's showing me the animations inside my anim folder but it wont boot up into my sys/emunand
sorry for the late reply, it's 6 a.m here and i just woke up.
do you have your cfw's bin inside the anim folder?
If not, put it there and rename it to arm9payload.bin. :)

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So... it's been ages since I last posted a status update or anything.

Now, the basic idea of BootAnim9 has been trashed in favour of a better alternative - VP8 video.
I've said multiple times that this wouldn't be feasible using the ARM9 processor, that's why I've been extending a bit on the original idea and integrated the ARM11 processor into my design.

The basic idea of this new software would be to have the ARM9 handle some background tasks, like loading files into memory and handling key input, as well as signaling the ARM11 processor *when* to start decoding the video and/or copy it to the framebuffer.

This has been a pretty ambitious idea ever since I thought about it, and thankfully I've dabbled a bit with libvpx and found it to be pretty easy to work with.
I've also started developing ctrcorn, a 3DS emulator based on the unicorn engine as the CPU core. Right now it's pretty barebones and I don't intend it to be usable at all - it's simply a tool I made to test my code quickly, instead of having to painstakingly transfer the binaries to my console every single time I make a change. Don't expect it to ever boot FIRM or anything, just simple payloads. My plans include implementing the IRQ, PXI(9/11), LCD, GPU and HID registers.

There's a few issues that still need to be ironed out, like using the FPU for the ARM11 binary, SMP (remember, it's _at least_ a dual core processor!), YUV420p to RGB565 conversion and real life.

Also, I'm looking for name suggestions. BootAnim9 is pretty lame/unoriginal imho. I have a few ideas, but they all suck mightily.

Thanks a lot to those that keep supporting this project - I thought after nosi a9lh and NAND CFWs it'd die off completely, but seeing that there's still people interested in this keeps me going.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... it's been ages since I last posted a status update or anything.

Now, the basic idea of BootAnim9 has been trashed in favour of a better alternative - VP8 video.
I've said multiple times that this wouldn't be feasible using the ARM9 processor, that's why I've been extending a bit on the original idea and integrated the ARM11 processor into my design.

The basic idea of this new software would be to have the ARM9 handle some background tasks, like loading files into memory and handling key input, as well as signaling the ARM11 processor *when* to start decoding the video and/or copy it to the framebuffer.

This has been a pretty ambitious idea ever since I thought about it, and thankfully I've dabbled a bit with libvpx and found it to be pretty easy to work with.
I've also started developing ctrcorn, a 3DS emulator based on the unicorn engine as the CPU core. Right now it's pretty barebones and I don't intend it to be usable at all - it's simply a tool I made to test my code quickly, instead of having to painstakingly transfer the binaries to my console every single time I make a change. Don't expect it to ever boot FIRM or anything, just simple payloads. My plans include implementing the IRQ, PXI(9/11), LCD, GPU and HID registers.

There's a few issues that still need to be ironed out, like using the FPU for the ARM11 binary, SMP (remember, it's _at least_ a dual core processor!), YUV420p to RGB565 conversion and real life.

Also, I'm looking for name suggestions. BootAnim9 is pretty lame/unoriginal imho. I have a few ideas, but they all suck mightily.

Thanks a lot to those that keep supporting this project - I thought after nosi a9lh and NAND CFWs it'd die off completely, but seeing that there's still people interested in this keeps me going.
I got another lame name splashy Screen =D... What I'm a sucker for stupid names and I don't think there's anything bad with keeping it called bootanim9 it's simple and straight to the point on what it is, if you're still working on it that is.

rphlfjrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stopped working all of a sudden. Yesterday was fine! All files are at the right place
My 3ds boots stuckbat a blue light and blank screen with this. :/
same here, anyone have an answer? would be appreciated
getting black screen on boot, please help
Happens to me too for no logical reason from time to time. I just leave it off for a few minutes and then turn it on again. If that doesn't work, I remove the battery for a minute or two then it'll boot.

--------------------------------
qLPriK8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9